Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1372

Thread: Steven Wilson catch-all thread (Porcupine Tree, No-Man, Blackfield, Bass Communion)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I also hope the rumored "Deadwing" Deluxe edition is coming out this year!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Sad but understandable at this point. The fact he has already planned out the release of his next two albums far outweighs the cancellation for me, TFB has not stuck with me in a major way but it will be interesting to see how he evolves from it. Or if he does, I have to think part of his evolution this whole time has come from the experiences he had playing live and now that it's been taken away from him, he could grow stagnant. I hope not.
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 03-22-2021 at 06:17 AM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Real sad as his concert's always are a highlight in my show schedule. Really looking forward to his new book and the upcoming releases! After his last record, TFB was a welcome change again, and I hope his new projects stay keep getting better.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Sad but understandable at this point. The fact he has already planned out the release of his next two albums far outweighs the cancellation for me, TFB has not stuck with me in a major way but it will be interesting to see how he evolves from it. Or if he does, I have to think part of his evolution this whole time has come from the experiences he had playing live and now that it's been taken away from him, he could grow stagnant. I hope not.
    A bad news but 3 great news : 2 albums and a book.

The bad news is nearly a good one for me : not sure to watch TFB live after seeing all album live a lot of times

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    "Last Chance" is one of my favorite tracks from Lightbulb Sun. What a treat it is to hear this new version.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzkokehead View Post
    "Last Chance" is one of my favorite tracks from Lightbulb Sun. What a treat it is to hear this new version.
    Ditto, i love "Lightbulb sun" and "Last Chance..." is my favorite, i would have loved to listen to this live, shame

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    On the Bandcamp front, KScope released a deluxe edition of Hand.Cannot.Erase. featuring the bonus tracks that were part of the box set.

In even cooler news, they also released Transmission IV, the unedited 40 minute improvisation of "Moonloop", which in edited form was released on Porcupine Tree's The Sky Moves Sideways.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Listened to Grace for Drowning this evening for the first time in a few years... goddamn is the solo at the end of Track One one of the best, most beautiful things Steven Wilson has ever committed to record.

Also, Fluid Tap should probably have made it onto the final album.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just got In Absentia on vinyl the other day. It's been a long time coming, but oh man is it worth it. It's been a gap in my Porcupine Tree discography for a while. Wonderful album. Such a joy to rediscover it.
    Last edited by Jazzkokehead; 04-24-2021 at 09:44 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Finally got around to listening the "In Absentia" Deluxe edition, the album sounds great and i was very pleased with the B-sides, most of the remasters nowadays are just a cash grab, this one feels like you are getting what you are paying.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

A post shared by on

A post shared by on

A post shared by on

Hmm

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Oh boy...

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Not surprising at all, Steven has always loved Israel

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    fuck me sideways, i know his wife is israeli but i can't believe this guy approves of the apartheid state that they've created and the countless murders of palestinians that have occurred. yeah, the rise in anti-semitism is disturbing, and is due to the fact that people equate jewish with "in support of israel's policies" (which is DEFINITELY not true for all jews, myself included), but it's also UNDERSTANDABLE. fuck fuck fuck.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    As Steven music is quite far from politic, I would prefer he stays away of any public politic opinions.. cause we don't care and this time this is tendentious

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I don't want this to become a "Roger Waters/Nick Cave situation"; but his support for Israel doesn't mean he supports the murders of palestinians.
    But yes, i think he needs to keep politics out...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I don't want this to become a "Roger Waters/Nick Cave situation"; but his support for Israel doesn't mean he supports the murders of palestinians.
    But yes, i think he needs to keep politics out...
    i don't want to argue here, but he literally wrote the words "all lives matter" which, like with the black lives matter movement, is erasing the unsaid second half of the phrase (in that case "black lives matter JUST AS MUCH as white lives")

supporting the state of israel is supporting the murder of palestinians; there is no grey area here. supporting JEWS does not equal supporting israel, and similarly, supporting israel doesn't equal supporting jews. supporting israel is literally just supporting the idea that palestinians are lesser and don't deserve rights/life.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    While I would consider myself a fan of his, I do not necessarily follow his every move - could someone give me a quick lowdown of what this recent controversy is about?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzkokehead View Post
    While I would consider myself a fan of his, I do not necessarily follow his every move - could someone give me a quick lowdown of what this recent controversy is about?
    Essentially, the most recent instance of Israel doing war crimes against Palestinians happened, (*insert sarcastic comment about it being on the news recently here*) and a lot of people were, quite understandably, not happy with that. However, despite a lot of people, Jewish people included, having legitimate greivances with the actions of Israel's (kinda fashy) government, a lot of dipshits (usually far right) see the word 'Israel' and immediately spout anti-semitic bullshit. Upon learning this, Steven Wilson decided to (intentionally or not) lean into a really sketchy right-wing dogwhistle by bringing up All Lives Matter in response, which could indicate that, instead of just being sensible and being against anti-semitic bullshit being used to criticise the Israeli government when there are plenty of justified greivances, he actually supports Israel doing an ethnic cleansing and believes that any criticism of Israel's govenment is anti-semitic. (which is problematic for a number of reasons, but mostly because it allows them to keep doing the whole ethnic cleansing thing with impunity whilst also painting anyone with legitimate criticisms of Israel and it's actions, Jewish critics of Israel included, as a potential enemy) Again, emphasis on could, as far as I know he hasn't outright said anything else on the topic, (willing to be corrected on this) but that message combined with the All Lives Matter dogwhistle nonsense, it's raising a few questions.

Hope this helps.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RowanSomething View Post
    Essentially, the most recent instance of Israel doing war crimes against Palestinians happened, (*insert sarcastic comment about it being on the news recently here*) and a lot of people were, quite understandably, not happy with that. However, despite a lot of people, Jewish people included, having legitimate greivances with the actions of Israel's (kinda fashy) government, a lot of dipshits (usually far right) see the word 'Israel' and immediately spout anti-semitic bullshit. Upon learning this, Steven Wilson decided to (intentionally or not) lean into a really sketchy right-wing dogwhistle by bringing up All Lives Matter in response, which could indicate that, instead of just being sensible and being against anti-semitic bullshit being used to criticise the Israeli government when there are plenty of justified greivances, he actually supports Israel doing an ethnic cleansing and believes that any criticism of Israel's govenment is anti-semitic. (which is problematic for a number of reasons, but mostly because it allows them to keep doing the whole ethnic cleansing thing with impunity whilst also painting anyone with legitimate criticisms of Israel and it's actions, Jewish critics of Israel included, as a potential enemy) Again, emphasis on could, as far as I know he hasn't outright said anything else on the topic, (willing to be corrected on this) but that message combined with the All Lives Matter dogwhistle nonsense, it's raising a few questions.

Hope this helps.
    thank you for putting all that more eloquently than i would have haha <3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RowanSomething View Post

Hope this helps.
    Ah, thanks. I kind of feared it was something along those lines, knowing that he's collaborated with Israeli artists in the past, but I had hoped he might be a little more clearheaded about these issues. I guess not.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Deadwing remaster is now sold on Bandcamp by Kscope. 24bit 96kHz, no transitions between songs. Loudness comparison (Open Car, one of the worst offenders on the original):

CD: -8.1 LUFSi (2.1 dBTP peak) DR5
    DVD Stereo 24bit 48kHz: -8.2 LUFSi (1.6 dBTP peak) DR5
    Bandcamp 24bit 96kHz: -13.9 LUFSi (-0.1 dBTP peak) DR10
    measured with HOFA 4U Meter Fader & MS-Pan v2.0.3

It sounds so much better. I think it's the same master as used for the recent vinyl reissue.

Stupid Dream and Lightbulb Sun were also updated (24bit 44.1kHz) without transitions. Same master as previously, though.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I hope this leads to a physical release!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Aaaaand now it's back to the original master. Like nothing happened. Community post gone.

Somebody screwed up, then!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Dope remix

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    The Sound of No One Listening disc from The Delerium Years CD box is now added to Bandcamp. Couple of exclusive hard-to-finds, but most of it is the same as the Stars Die compilation we've had for millenia. Would be nice if it made its way to streaming like Transmission IV did, all the same.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Steven just announced the next classic record he remixed into 5.1, and Dolby Atmos

Last edited by onthewall2983; 09-18-2021 at 10:41 AM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

A post shared by on