Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Steven Wilson catch-all thread (Porcupine Tree, No-Man, Blackfield, Bass Communion)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Steven said it's mono and out of phase, but being worked on. It's kind of cool how he's taken to Twitter. Updates it more often personally than his Facebook page it appears.
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 07-05-2012 at 02:01 PM.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Im glad he's releasing both the video and the audio, i already ordered mine, the fuckin shipping is expensive as fuck! but Steven you're worth it!

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Audio fixed!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    sadly, that didn't change my opinion — the snare sounds absolutely awful imo, as do the distorted rhythm guitars (a problem SW has had with his live rig for years).

the video quality is great, though! Nick Beggs is a very... interesting musician.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Not to nitpick, but it looks like Marco is playing a higher pitched snare off to the side of his kit during most of the song. I will agree with you on the rhythm guitars, however.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks for the heads-up, onthewall2983. I'm going to wait until the single Blu-ray disc is offered to purchase it. $40.20+$7.30 is too pricey for me since I only want to watch the Blu-ray. I don't need the DVD or 2 audio CDs.
    Last edited by [73]; 07-06-2012 at 05:47 AM. Reason: Price + shipping to USA

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    It's actually 40 bucks with shipping.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    HI folks - an update of sorts.... The writing for the next SW album is almost finished, and this time I've written it all for my live band to play, mostly pretty long pieces (including the piece we previewed on the recent tour "Luminol"). We will start recording in LA in September with Alan Parsons overseeing things. Alan, as I'm sure many of you know, was the engineer on Dark Side of the Moon, one of the best sounding records ever. The new album should be out in early 2013, and conceptually and visually we are planning to take things to the next level with the packaging and live show too. Lasse is also going to be there to film so we plan to bring you some in the studio footage on the official SW YouTube channel.
    That's just a kind of awesomeness that's beyond words.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    i've always found a big Alan Parson's influence in Steven's work, im glad they are working together...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    It is a match made in sonic heaven. Alan, for those who don't know, also worked with The Beatles on Let It Be and Abbey Road as an engineer. So I'm sure Steven will be soaking up a lot of knowledge and expand his vocabulary a bit with the recording process. I'm anxious to see how this record comes out.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Some Porcupine Tree news for once. Kscope has just announced the release of Octane Twisted, a live 2-CD/DVD set from the Chicago stop on the Incident tour. Not much else as far as that, but here is the setlist from that night. You'll notice in the comments section it mentions Steven told the crowd it was being filmed for a DVD.
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 08-03-2012 at 01:00 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    It's wild that we're getting both a Porcupine Tree live set and a Steven Wilson solo one this Fall. Must replenish funds!

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    happy to hear about The Incident DVD, i loved that tour and it's one of my favorite PT albums

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    http://www.kscopemusic.com/podcast/

It's scheduled for release on November 5th.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    The Incident is probably Porcupine Tree's weakest album in comparison to their other work, but it still has some great songs. It is telling that PT has been on this hiatus after their tour finished. Steven has been on such a roll with his solo work as of late, I do wonder where the band will go from this point. As good as those albums are (and as great as I'm sure the next one will be), he does have an undeniable chemistry with the three other guys. But with his shifting attitudes (going away from the metal influence for instance), I would expect the next Porcupine Tree album to possibly be vastly different from their last 3-4 albums.
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 08-04-2012 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Realized I used "PT" twice in the same post. Feel free to facepalm any post I do this in from now on.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 08-10-2012 at 06:17 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    ...almost in my hands!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I heard Steven is arriving somewhere (black), not here...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Recording on #3 has commenced. Video coming soon, he says.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Luminol is an awesome track, can't wait for the new album!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    The four-disc edition is on Amazon for a little under 30 bucks now. I feel like a schmuck for getting it for 50 on burningshed.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    The four-disc edition is on Amazon for a little under 30 bucks now. I feel like a schmuck for getting it for 50 on burningshed.
    the version on burning shed has more elaborate packaging, i believe, and is limited edition. the version on amazon is the "retail" version (whatever that means) so i'm sure you'll get your money's worth!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Adam's t-shirt is awesome, lol

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Very brave of Steven to be posting what is essentially raw elements of unreleased material by sharing these vids now.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    it's funny how he dissed iPod and American idol culture, yet he's taking a very interactive social network oriented path lately... im enjoying the ride so far!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    the version on burning shed has more elaborate packaging, i believe, and is limited edition. the version on amazon is the "retail" version (whatever that means) so i'm sure you'll get your money's worth!
    I read somewhere that that's the case, so yeah I feel less bad about it now. Plus it's better that the money is going to them than Amazon anyway, since they are doing in general fans of progressive music a great service by putting out what they do. It's just too bad they can't get an American office up and running.