Page 41 of 46 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1372

Thread: Steven Wilson catch-all thread (Porcupine Tree, No-Man, Blackfield, Bass Communion)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm gonna need these bonus tracks. I quite enjoyed the B-Sides collection that was brought out.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    The best song of the album, IMO

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Some interesting stuff about further new projects. It's confirmed that the No-Man box set is coming out this year, and that he's also in the process of writing his first book.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    As a whole the album feels less poppy than when you just listened to the singles. it works vey well. Even 12 Things, which I slated a page or so back, I actually have got into now. I don't dislike anything on there, which I certainly did with TTB (Blank Tapes was SOOO bland), so I'm a lot happier than I thought I would be - even so far as re-ordering the Blu Ray which I ordered and then cancelled...!

It's no Insurgentes, but overall I'm happier with it than TTB.

Look forward to the deluxe extras popping up on Youtube in the fullness of time. Speaking of which, a colleague of mine took delivery of the deluxe today - let's just say that the first thing he saw made him (and me) laugh out loud. If only I could remember how to use spoiler tags...

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Spent the day sorting through the box set. Shocked it got here on release day – that shit doesn't happen to me.

Move Like a Fever remains my favourite of the b-sides. Kinda wish it were on the album instead of 12 Things.

He made the right decision replacing Anyone But Me, assuming the demo on the cassette is close to the final version. Would have stuck out in the worst way. Count of Unease is far more soul-destroying like you need at the end.

Speaking of soul-destroying endings – Every Kingdom Falls. Wow. Hollowed out and ghostly. I see why it's not on the album so it doesn't have to compete with Count, but still.

Last thought: the extended versions of almost half the album really reminds me of early no-man. Loveblows & Lovecries is all the better for swapping in the extended versions. And with the Personal Shopper extended version basically aping the idea behind Love You to Bits, we seem to be in a renaissance for the cross-pollination of no-man and SW's other work. I hope it continues.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I like it a lot more than I thought I would. 5 of the songs I think have re-playable value on their own, but the album is strong taken in on it's own. The real surprise for me was "Follower" which I actually started to sing a long to. It's different, but maybe a more welcome change than I could have given it credit for. Actually more excited for the next thing he does now.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    wow!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    wow!

So the item I was going to put in spoilers is at 14.28 in this video. Very cool product tbf, so much interesting stuff in there.

Imagine if Trent did something similar, people would go nuts!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Listened to TFB in Dolby Atmos last night. It sucked me in so much that I ended up replaying it three or four times in a row. I don't know what it is. I've listened to so many SW stuff, yet... this is... different. The art direction is also brilliant.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Only bad thing i can say about the album is that it's too short!

Maybe include "Move like a fever" in the main album

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Listened to "Anesthetize" this morning. The live version of "Anes" on that DVD is so awesome, and they make it look simple. Should make room for the new album this afternoon.

And I posted this in the controversial opinions thread a few days back: "Hand Cannot Erase" is the best pop rock song of the 2010s.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Listened to TFB in Dolby Atmos last night. It sucked me in so much that I ended up replaying it three or four times in a row. I don't know what it is. I've listened to so many SW stuff, yet... this is... different. The art direction is also brilliant.
    I know I've talked some shit about his solo output, but one thing that's remained consistent is that he's one the best producers/mixers out there. Lightbulb Sun was never one of my favorite Porcupine Tree albums, until I heard the surround version - it just completely transformed it for me. I love my vinyl and all, but if Trent ever decided to revisit NIN's discography in a hi-res digital format like Blu-ray, Wilson is hands down the guy I'd want doing the 5.1 mixes.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    From some recent interviews he's done, he's interested in re-doing some of his stuff in Dolby Atmos. He mentioned Insurgentes as a possibility as he has the rights to that material again.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Yeah, The Future Bites is really damn good. There's a lot of music cliches on there (robotic opening to start "Self"), but THEY WORK. I am constantly amazed by this dude's creativity.

Screw it, I'm diving back in again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Well, I guess I have to be the downer here, because I listened to The Future Bites... and, well, it bites. It's a terrible album.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The new album isn't my favorite, which is a shame. I understand his desire to branch out musically/stylistically and that he isn't beholden to anyone, but it just doesn't grab me like his earlier solo stuff/PT did. It's not bad, though. It's short, so it's easy enough to get through. 'King Ghost' grew on me quite a bit, but nothing else stands out a whole lot. The cheese is fairly strong..some of the lyrics are a little cringey to me.
    Last edited by Mr. Blaileen; 02-08-2021 at 09:07 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The cringe is strong with the lyrics to Self. Not the best impression to open your album with.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Great song, too bad it wasn't included on the album

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Is it, though? The lyrics are pretty bad, and the music is nothing to write home about.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Storm Corrosion is going to be released in Dolby Atmos for the 10th anniversary!
    The article also mentions that a second album might be worked on once the pandemic is over.
    I for one can't wait to hear the album in surround sound.
    https://loudwire.com/steven-wilson-w...ael-akerfeldt/

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Maybe Mikael can get him to rock again. He's our only hope!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Considering there's no rock to speak of on Storm Corrosion, I sorta doubt it. And TFB is a far more interesting album than anything Opeth has made since Watershed, at least for me – I was very much over the retro homage the day Heritage came out.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    obi-wan Kenobi is the only hope !

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    The deluxe edition of In Absentia is now on all streaming platforms

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    You can also buy the IA box on Bandcamp (Kscope, not PTofficial). Not sure what quality the files are, but hopefully they're full res for the lossless filetypes.

Happy they did this. Maybe they'll follow suit and add the SW box set exclusives.