Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Steven Wilson catch-all thread (Porcupine Tree, No-Man, Blackfield, Bass Communion)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I'm not too crazy speculating about it either, but from what I've gathered in things he's said in interviews and such is that he's really married to the work he does. He believes in the old saying that if you love what you do you never have to work a day in your life. That extends beyond performing as he's equally adept behind the recording desk too, with his work in production and remastering stuff. He remains pretty social though, he's warm to his fans and is friendly with a lot of his fellow artists.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I also read in an interview that he's vegetarian but now i'm not sure, it doesn't matter in the end, as long as he does what he does...

Here's a photo of that day, his GF was already gone by this point but i'll never forget when i got to meet him, he was very friendly indeed, looked modest too, when i said i loved "Insurgentes" he got so shy and said "thanks a lot", when he came again for the "Grace for Drowning" tour he did another sign but i wasn't able to meet him (had to go early), still many friends got to shake his hand and take pictures with him.
    I believe he genuinely loves to hang with his fans and i think he's a very nice person (with a very active mind)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    unreal. the piece with the female vocalist talking sounds straight out of a Max Richter album. exciting!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninet_Tayeb

The female singer featured on the next record.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Unsurprisingly she's from Israel XD

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Unsurprisingly she's from Israel XD
    why is that unsurprising?

i'm curious as to how steven ended up working with her!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I don't think he has a home there anymore, but I'm sure he still keeps in contact with his friends and collaborators he knows. Possibly the weirdest moment in the Insurgentes movie was seeing him on an Israeli talk-show come out to a late-night house band version of one of his songs.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    why is that unsurprising?
    Just being sarcastic, i mean it's no surprise he picked an Israeli singer for his album, considering he loves Israel and even considers it his second home.
    I think using the female voice will be a great idea, i'm intrigued by the concept already!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

In early December I will make what will be only my second appearance performing my drone / ambient music live as Bass Communion. This time it will be in collaboration with Thomas Köner, the “godfather" of isolationist music (his 1992 album “Teimo” using the sounds of gongs recorded underwater is one of my all time favourite “ambient” records). The concert is part of an event called Brombron that takes place in Nijmegen, The Netherlands. The Brombron project has been hosted by the artist-run Extrapool foundation and Frans De Waard (of Korm Plastics) since 2000. Each time two musicians work in a small sound studio for a few days on a collaborative work, followed by a concert to present the results. This will be the last Brombron, as the project will close down after this final event, so I’m honoured to be asked to be a part of it.

The concert takes place at the 400 seat Doornroosje in Nijmegen on the 7th December, doors open at 7pm.

http://www.doornroosje.nl/agenda/ste...mas-koner-zev/

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    From his Facebook. The title is a little clunky but I'll get used to it.

I’m happy to announce that my new album “Hand. Cannot. Erase.” is now finished and will be released on Kscope in February. More news and previews soon, including information on how to pre-order a very special deluxe edition.In the meantime the first tour dates in the UK and Europe are confirmed, see below. We are currently developing a show that I hope will raise the bar both musically and visually from previous tours, with a set list based around the new album, as well as casting the net further back into my songwriting past for a few surprises.
    Thu 12th Mar - UK, Cambridge, Corn Exchange
    Fri 13th Mar - UK, Cardiff, St David’s Hall
    Sat 14th Mar - UK, Manchester, Bridgewater Hall
    Mon 16th Mar - UK, Edinburgh, Queens Hall
    Tue 17th Mar - UK, London, Troxy
    Wed 18th Mar - UK, Wolverhampton, Civic Hall
    Fri 20th Mar - Germany, Cologne, E-Werk
    Sat 21st Mar - Luxembourg, Rockhall
    Sun 22nd Mar - Germany, Stuttgart, Theatrehaus
    Tue 24th Mar - The Netherlands, Utrecht, TivoliVredeburg
    Wed 25th Mar - France, Paris, Olympia
    Thu 26th Mar - Belgium, Antwerp, Trix Club
    Sat 28th Mar - Germany, Neu Isenburgy (Frankfurt), Hugenottenhalle
    Sun 29th Mar - Switzerland, Pratteln, Konzerfabruk z7
    Mon 30th Mar - Italy, Milan, Teatro Della Luna
    Tue 31st Mar - Italy, Rome, Teatro Sistina
    Thu 2nd Apr - Germany, Munich, Kongresshalle
    Sat 4th Apr - Austria, Vienna, Ottakringer Brauerei
    Sun 5th Apr - Czech Republic, Prague, Hybernia Theatre
    Tue 7th Apr - Poland, Krakow, ICE Congress Hall
    Wed 8th Apr - Poland, Lodz, Klub Wytwornia
    Thu 9th Apr - Germany, Berlin, Columbiahalle
    Fri 10th Apr - Germany, Hamburg, CCH2
    Sun 12th Apr - Denmark, Aarhus, Train
    Mon 13th Apr - Denmark, Copenhagen, Amager Bio
    Tue 14th Apr - Sweden, Malmo, Palladium
    Thu 16th Apr - Sweden, Gothenburg, Konserthuset
    Fri 17th Apr - Sweden, Stockholm, Debaser Medis
    Sun 19th Apr - Finland, Helsinki, The Circus
    Tue 21st Apr - Norway, Oslo, Sentrum Scene
    Thu 23rd Apr - The Netherlands, Zwolle
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 07-13-2015 at 06:21 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

1. First Regret (2.01)
    2. 3 Years Older (10.18)
    3. Hand Cannot Erase (4.13)
    4. Perfect Life (4.43)
    5. Routine (8.58)
    6. Home Invasion (6.24)
    7. Regret #9 (5.00)
    8. Transience (2.43)
    9. Ancestral (13.30)
    10. Happy Returns (6.00)
    11. Ascendant Here On…(1.54)

Official release date February 27th for Germany March 2nd for UK & Internationally, March 3rd for US & Canada.

Last edited by onthewall2983; 02-06-2020 at 06:43 PM.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Hate to jump to the "i didn't liked the album cover" bandwagon, but i will... :/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    that is indeed an odd cover for SW, unusually bright.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I love the album cover! Not as intriguing as Raven's was to me, but I'm getting excited for this album.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I think it fits with what we know about the concept behind it well. Kind of ticked about the release date going up, but I'm sure it's being done for the greater good. I'd imagine watching what happened with the last Opeth record (the faulty Blu-rays) was a factor in that decision.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    First North American date announced, he'll be playing the Montreal Jazz Festival June 27th.
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 02-11-2015 at 05:11 AM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    oh my god SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

seriously, why isn't this up for pre-order yet? i need that special edition.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    fucker knows how to sell that's for sure... oddly i own all the SW albums in the regular editions but i've always needed that sweet "Insurgentes" Deluxe one...

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    I'll have the chance for a quick Q&A with him in January... any questions you guys want to ask him desperately and which are kinda interesting to be released online and maybe via print?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    First off congrats on getting him for an interview.

I'd ask him what the status is on the Deadwing and In Absentia Blu-rays and if it's possible there will be more hi-res releases from his own back catalogue like a possible No-Man Blu-ray set he briefly mentioned on a Facebook update awhile back.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Might be a bit too specific (I'll try to sneak that one in though), keep in mind that I'm doing this for an audience that might have heard of him but probably not so much. I still don't want to state the obvious and ask him stuff a la Tapeworm like on here or if he likes the German audience and all that unnecessary crap, but things that might be interesting for everyone to hear from a musician of his calibre.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    The other one I almost went with was if his tour in North America would be as extensive as the one his European jaunt looks like, which I imagine wouldn't be too interesting if you're from Germany lol.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    These clips are making this the most anticipated album I've ever waited for.... period.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    yeah, i've watched those clips a bunch of times just to listen to the music bits, i already love this album and it hasn't even been released!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 07-13-2015 at 06:23 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    does it say anywhere how many copies will be available? part of me wants to wait a little while to pre-order it but i really don't want to miss out on it :/

also, why is the deluxe edition the only thing up so far? you'd think the vinyl and standard edition would be up for pre-order, too.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    It doesn't say, except that it's limited to 5 per customer. I think I might finally get the deluxe this time after chickening out the last time. There are copies of the Raven deluxe on ebay going for decent prices (everything around the 150 range), so I might pick one up there too.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    It doesn't say, except that it's limited to 5 per customer. I think I might finally get the deluxe this time after chickening out the last time. There are copies of the Raven deluxe on ebay going for decent prices (everything around the 150 range), so I might pick one up there too.
    cheaper on discogs!