Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Audiophile version "anything but"?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Just listened to Hesitation Marks Audiophile Mastered version for the first time. I was surprised how different it sounds compared with the standard mastered version. I heard it was just more low end, but that's not even the half of it. Songs like Came back Haunted, Find My Way, and Everything almost sound like different takes. I was really pleased. I really love the vibe of this mastering.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yeah, I liked that version too. I couldn't hear much in the way of "better" because my hearing is shit, but it still sounded/felt better. I wonder how much is placebo effect though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does this edition still come free with whatever other version HM is on in the official nin store? I'm planning to buy the Vinyl edition on there someday but I hope this master is still available.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It's ok
    Last edited by astfgyl; 03-23-2017 at 12:16 PM. Reason: changed my mind

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So I was wondering (since this thread is risen from the dead) if anybody had an opinion of which master (CD, Audiophile, or Vinyl rip) is the best one for someone with less-than-good hearing. Like I'm not in hearing aid territory here, but let's say I went to a lot of concerts without earplugs over the years.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GentlemanLoser View Post
    So I was wondering (since this thread is risen from the dead) if anybody had an opinion of which master (CD, Audiophile, or Vinyl rip) is the best one for someone with less-than-good hearing. Like I'm not in hearing aid territory here, but let's say I went to a lot of concerts without earplugs over the years.
    You probably won't notice a difference, then, besides the volume (which is only barely different anyway). So it's crapshoot. Pick one that suits how you listen to music.