Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Let Me Get Away

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Let Me Get Away

Various Methods Of Escape.. beautiful. My second favorite track. It really brings me to a very emotional place. I love this track and it is easily one of my favorite NIN tracks.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I LOVE THIS ONE! Immediately became one of my new favorites when I first listened to the whole album. It's such a gorgeous song. And same here, it also brings me to a more emotional state of mind. I love everything about it. Those chorus vocals just get me so much..."why'd you have to make it so hard?" I love the pitches he uses, and the switching to and from falsetto, and also the background vocals. The live drums just bring it all together so much.

I sound like I'm rambling, haha. I just can't get over how impacting this song was/is on me.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    This is my favorite song. The sound of it combines perfectly with the lyrical content. I'd listen to it over and over, but I'm having trouble not listening to the whole album in order, right now.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    This has become my fav on the album. After I read the lyrics it made me happy that it's not vague like alot of NIN song seem to be.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Why'd Trent have to make this song make my erection so hard
    Make it go awayyyyy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    First time I heard it, I wasn't so sure about it, but I have to say that it is really growing on me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is my favorite song on the album. I have loved it from the first listen.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    This is definitely my second favorite song on the album, after While I'm Still Here/Black Noise. When the chorus kicks in and Trent slips into the falsetto for "make it so hard"...gets me every time.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    I gotta get straight.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'm blown away by the sounds playing around in the background during the verses on this track. If you ignore the vocals and just listen to the sounds, it's like a freaking sonic playground with all kinds of cool shit going down! Very, very good...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The middle of this track sounds like "The Fragile" with the sounds from "Reptile" and the ending sounds like "The Fragile" crossed with "Sunspots."

I also hear sounds that are similar to:

- the sample before "Mr. Self Destruct"
    - the sample at the beginning and end of "Closer" at (0:47)
    - the intro to "Reptile"
    - the sound under the chorus reminds me of the sound during the chorus of "Heresy" (which actually sounds like something out of a Talking Heads song)
    - of course the "why'd you have to make it so hard?" makes me think of "Ruiner"

I love how much the beginning of the song reminds me of the Sneaker Pimps.
    Last edited by captainbeyond; 09-07-2013 at 01:12 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I was hearing the album for the first time and then I get to this song and at the begining I wasn't so sure of what was happening, but then as it continues, it gets to a part that was shocking for me, like when it got to the quiet part I felt that this was my favourite song of the album. It grew on me very quickly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    this song definitely started as my favorite but now im awash in a sea of love for the whole album. I can't pick a song anymore. The whole thing is just simply great. I seem to love it more on each listen. Great time to be a fan

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    ^^
    A-friggin'-men!! Pretty much my experience right now.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    It's still my favourite track from the album, I really hope I'll have the opportunity to hear it live. Its The Fragile ending is just forces me to sing it every time. The only thing I'm not really keen on is its Ghosts beginning, I don't feel that it fits.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    For me it's tied between this song and I Would For You.

VMOE to me just has that 90s break groove similar to Curves Come Clean album and Sneaker Pimps Becoming X and I love that feel. So that on top of amazing hook, and great melodies, this track is a 10/10 for me. I love that guitar during the hook and then those With Teeth sounding live drums at the end with that classic Trent guitar lead screaming through the evolving wall of sound. Banging.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R-Dot-Yung View Post
    VMOE to me just has that 90s break groove similar to Curves Come Clean album and Sneaker Pimps Becoming X and I love that feel.

I'm glad to see that someone hears the exact same reference I am hearing. That Sneaker Pimps album was played a lot by me back in high school.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    IMO, if Trent had just releaed an EP titled "Various Methods Of Escape" and it was just this song I'd buy all 3,567 versions.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This song has by far stood out to me the most. I love it waaaaay too much.

Trent has mentioned having done all the tracks in a traditional band, rock format to see how they'd all sound.. I'D LOVE to hear that....because either way, this might be my favorite song of the entire album.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    VMOE is one of those tracks on this album that touches upon all different aspects of the NIN style catalogue. Little bit of the DS, Fragile and some With Teeth in there to.
    the first time i heard this track I got instantaneous goosebumps. its one of those life changers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    According to liner notes, there's no one credited for the live drum section at the end of this song, just Trent for percussion...does that mean it's NOT live drums?? I can't believe that, but I also can't believe it's Trent playing (that'd be awesome, but it's one thing to be able to play the piggy outro drums and another to play these, right?)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird View Post
    According to liner notes, there's no one credited for the live drum section at the end of this song, just Trent for percussion...does that mean it's NOT live drums?? I can't believe that, but I also can't believe it's Trent playing (that'd be awesome, but it's one thing to be able to play the piggy outro drums and another to play these, right?)
    I'm lead to believed they were either sampled or Trent did the drums..

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I can believe it's him playing live drums. That'd be really awesome if it's true.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Haha looking around the net for VMOE lyrics, there are a surprising number of Lyrics Websites that have, what are clearly outright GUESSES, since they all differ a bit...
    But if I recall correctly ( dont have the book on me ) the "official lyrics say: "construction of the highest quality, built from my own hand"... which is totally NOT what he says?!?
    He very clearly says "Extraction of the highest quality... blood from my own hand."
    Right? Has this not stood out to anyone else?

Last edited by Transfixed; 09-10-2013 at 02:42 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by demo View Post
    I'm lead to believed they were either sampled or Trent did the drums..
    I'm pretty positive they're not live drums. samples are pretty amazing these days when programmed well

on the other hand, that tambourine is all real

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This is definitely my favorite song from the album. It immediately took hold of me. I may go as far as to say this is one of my favorite nine inch nails songs.

VMoE, I would for you, and In Two is some of Trent's finest work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does anyone know what he says in the final chorus? The book doesn't show a variation but there definitely is one.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nineismine View Post
    Does anyone know what he says in the final chorus? The book doesn't show a variation but there definitely is one.
    "Got to let it go / find another way / why'd you have to make it so hard / let me get away" is what I heard. He enunciates the first line super fucking weird.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm... Have to bump this thread, because it really is one of the best songs on this album for me as well.
    Great percussion and strings. It's crisp too. Just excellent IMO.
    This is one of the moments in the album where the emotional transparency and desperation appears, and has a impact

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    "Got to let it go / find another way / why'd you have to make it so hard / let me get away" is what I heard. He enunciates the first line super fucking weird.
    I always hear: "Got to let him go"
    Great, great song. Had tears rolling down my face when I listened to it for the first time.