Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Limp Bizkit

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Limp Bizkit

LET IT BE KNOWN that Fred Durst is a tool, he is the scum of the earth and he, along with every Limp Bizkit fan, should die in a fire. Fuck him, fuck them, and fuck their shitty taste in music.

now that that's out of the way...

Fred totally mentions The Unquestionable Truth Pt. 2 in this article! The last time he mentioned it, it was supposed to be the hip hop half of TUT1, but now he describes it as more of a heavy metal record.

http://www.billboard.com/news/exclus...06385752.story

Okay, one more thing- Fred Durst doesn't give a fuck if you don't like him, I don't give a fuck if you don't like him, so save your energy and go talk shit in the Manson thread.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    wait....what?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Yeah, seriously? Was that post written by two different people? One of the most idiotic things I think I've ever read on ETS.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Yeah, seriously? Was that post written by two different people? One of the most idiotic things I think I've ever read on ETS.
    Ditto, to every extent.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I know the mods have a boner for the GNR thread, but it's pretty obvious this dude is trolling and this needs to be locked ASAP.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Jeez guys, I was being ironic. duh. I'm an LB fan and I figured I'd say what all the trolls are going to say before they say it. And then I posted a bit of news I'm excited about. Does this clarify things for you?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'd frankly like to hear more Black Light Burns material and their second album as opposed to hearing about rubbish collaborations with Lil Wayne.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I'm glad LB are back in business. I will take any and every bizarre thing they throw my way. I enjoyed Gold Cobra. And I enjoy their rap collaborations (N 2 Together Now, Getcha Groove On). So yeah, bring it awwwn.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I'd frankly like to hear more Black Light Burns material and their second album as opposed to hearing about rubbish collaborations with Lil Wayne.
    You will, I believe BLB are releasing their second album in fall.
    Last edited by aggroculture; 03-08-2012 at 12:48 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The Unquestionable Truth Pt 1 is a good EP. It's their best release since 3 Dollar Bill and it was a shame Gold Cobra wasn't more it's style. Probably record company pressure...

I saw Limp live at Soundwave a few weeks ago, I only lasted about 4 songs when I realised they were going to play the setlist I didn't want (I knew it was a slim chance, and Mastodon were on at the same time!). But holy shit can Wes Borland be any more awesome? He's gotta be getting old now and he showed far more energy than any other guitarist I saw at Soundwave.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    oh wow a new single and video... called LIGHTZ with a Z

Limp Bizkit now sounds like Bruno Mars

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    What the fuck is going on!?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I heard some of it earlier today. I never thought they would top themselves in terms of making shitty music. Wow... I was wrong. This beats everything they did as it is beyond crap. Fred Durst really wants to go pop.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    As a long-time LB fan...that song is truly embarassing. Shamefully bad, even by their standards.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    What a crazy jump from the sound they had on gold cobra. Record company must be putting that pressure on them.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Here is the vid... suffice to say it is different, Fred's rap is TERRIBLE, chorus isnt bad, but Wes; solo fuckin killed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Holy fuck that's bad

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Fuck, and he had the audacity make fun of Stephen Richards voice and musical talent.

This is embarrassing and Wes will always have the crown as being the only important and memorable member of Limp Bizkit.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    God help me

I like Pollution, Breakstuff and Rollin. In particular I don't think there's any denying Breakstuff - for its sins - was and is a great MTV type song

but the rest I find massively irritating, Fred's persona is just dire

Looking forward to seeing black light burns in a tiny Camden Town venue in the new year though!

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    holy shit that song sucks

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    New teaser.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    By the sounds of that monster riff, the label really wanted a marketable single so they they came up with that other garbage song. This actual sounds promising

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That Guitar sounds awfully out of tune.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I wonder how this band would sound if they booted Fred Durst and lost the silly lyrics and vocals....

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    That was a monster riff?

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    It's really hard being a LB fan: they shit on you - and their own career - constantly.

Gold Cobra was a pretty good record but they didn't give it a chance in the US. I think it's because they're still hung up on radio: radio - or rather payola radio - broke this band. But radio doesn't give a shit about LB these days: what they need to do is tour their asses off in the US (how about a club tour? LB sell few enough records to totally be a club band for a bit), and find new ways to connect with some of their old audience. But they won't - because they likely see that as beneath them. They cancelled a US tour two years ago (probably because they weren't selling enough tickets for the large venues they'd chosen), and have never rescheduled. Even if they reached a fraction of their old fans they'd be up and running again. But I think they don't have the humility to realize this, and are still obsessed with having a radio hit - see that recent "Lightz" abomination. LB will never be cool to young/new fans: it's their old fans they need to bring back into the fold. From the roots up - not the top-down model that has been failing them for a decade now.

I think Fred Durst's arrogance helped LB become the biggest band on Earth at the time: it also made LB into the biggest joke on Earth. They've never recovered from this, partly - in my mind - because FD refuses to go to a lower level than they're accustomed to and work their way back up again. Acting like you're still top dog when in fact you're at the bottom of the pile - and still the laughing stock of the music industry - just isn't working.
    Last edited by aggroculture; 11-24-2012 at 09:42 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Re: Limp Bizkit

Aggro pretty much nailed it on point.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Lightz?

They're getting worse.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    holy shit that song sucks
    Word for word what I was going to post. This is incredibly bad.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    There is just nothing there anymore. The fact that Durst is still in the music industry is amazing to me; he is just horrible in every way. When I go back and listen to their albums I am almost ashamed I even liked some of the songs that I would never look twice at.