Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Geopolitical Conflict News

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    well, apparently Russia has nukes that our defense systems cannot deflect. Here we go

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    given what their military has been throwing at Ukraine?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Yeah, I'm not even sure their stuff WORKS at this point.

But ... if it does ... c'est la vie. No "preparation" I do is adequate. There isn't enough water to carry me through for enough years, or food. Etc.

There would be crime and robberies everywhere.

What you'll REALLY need is GUNS.

The leading cause of death will be starvation, because the amount of stockpiled food won't ever be enough. Nothing can be farmed. Anywhere. No water supplies, because nothing can filter that shit out.

Bye.
    Last edited by allegro; 09-20-2022 at 02:11 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    yeah and all the van Gogh's in the world won't buy your safety at that point.

edit: which is to say I don't have anything in my house other than one small-bore rifle and a pistol and I'm just realistic enough to know who those would be for when shit hits the fan.
    Last edited by allegate; 09-20-2022 at 02:22 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Russians do have some kind of missiles that Ukraine admits it can't intercept (yet). The thing is they have few of them (estimated 40 to 50 units), they can't produce more of them because of the sanctions (can't get materials/tech/whatever) and I'm fairly sure they aren't suitable for carrying a nuke.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    edit: which is to say I don't have anything in my house other than one small-bore rifle and a pistol and I'm just realistic enough to know who those would be for when shit hits the fan.
    The ammo is gonna run out at some point, too, even if we make our own.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    oh I was thinking much darker than that. More like the end of "The Mist".

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    oh I was thinking much darker than that. More like the end of "The Mist".
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh … yeah

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    @allegro but are basements up north deep underground? They don't have those ground level windows? That's what I always see.
    Ours, too, was once used for living space. It's powered and is being refurnished currently, and one of the furnishings is a big ass gun safe.
    It's SOMETHING.
    If it turns in to The Walking Dead around here, we'll at LEAST have a leg up.
    I'm under no delusion that our basement is a fallout shelter.
    I'm AWARE of some fucking crazy ones, though, that could get a number of people through a decade: some of them were military compounds that went up for sale.

Of COURSE, if someone strikes Pantex with a NOT "small tactical" nuke, yeah. It'll be lights out. Like I said: we're in the middle of nowhere...right next to THE secretish nuclear weapon facility. That's WHY it's here, I think, and not in, idk, LA or NY. I DO wish they'd put it in SD or Wyoming or some shit, but I guess they needed SOME little.city (Amarillo) to staff the place.
    @allegate I hear you, on Russia. They're buying munitions from NK, after all.

Regarding nuclear war, I think we'd be looking at a small tactical nuke flung by Russia, followed by a devastating response, and NOT, necessarily, nuclear holocaust.

And I continue to call bullshit on Russia having undetectable super advanced shit: I mean that Khalishnikov Loiter Drone thing looks pretty wild, but, still.

And yes, while i'm sure they're saving some of the big shit for a possible.global conflict in the coming years, I also TRULY believe that US/UK LIKELY has direct energy weapons for offense, AND defense.

What I see is multiple global conflicts, an emerging nwo, and a war of INFLATION and ENERGY,
    And it WILL get worse.
    That's honestly my main issue regarding the coming years.
    Furthermore, we.might be looking more at cyber and emp attacks and the like, rather that "Would You Like to Play Global Thermonuclear Warfare?"

Therefore, I still maintain that it's about doing what you can with what you have.

I mean, no, water filters won't remove radiation or whatever, but you CAN get the kind that filter stagnant pond water and such.
    Last edited by elevenism; 09-21-2022 at 01:39 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    But radiation is gonna be in the stagnant pond.

Typically, basements up here - by code - have to have at least one other point of egress besides the stairs, for fire safety, if it’s used as a “living space” of any kind. Windows are desired because people aren’t vampires, and for ventilation, but the windows are below ground, with window wells surrounding them. The basements are nine feet below ground, minimum. New construction homes have walkout basements.

Tactical nuclear weapons travel less than 300 miles; strategic nuclear weapons travel long-distances.
    Last edited by allegro; 09-21-2022 at 02:27 AM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    But radiation is gonna be in the stagnant pond.
    IF we're talking about nuclear annihilation. That's not where this is going, necessarily, and especially not like NEXT WEEK, I don't think.

WE'RE preparing for a war of energy and finance, and cyber attacks, and the birth pains of a new world order.

What country was that that closed the banks, and everyone started ROBBING the banks for THEIR money, a couple days ago?

Yeah. Shit like that.
    Last edited by elevenism; 09-21-2022 at 02:23 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    IF we're talking about nuclear annihilation. That's not where this is going, necessarily, and especially not like NEXT WEEK, I don't think.

WE'RE preparing for a war of energy and finance, and cyber attacks, and the birth pains of a new world order.

What country was that that closed the banks, and everyone started ROBBING the banks for THEIR money, a couple days ago?

Yeah. Shit like that.
    Guess you didn’t see the news:

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...ia-2022-09-21/

https://news.yahoo.com/russian-tv-bo...114704857.html
    Last edited by allegro; 09-21-2022 at 02:38 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    So in the last 24 hours russia announced
    - referendums in 4 occupied regions of Ukraine regarding joining russian federation to be held literally this week amidst Ukrainian counteroffensive
    - "partial" mobilization. The actual word "partial" is only used in the propaganda news reports but not in any legal documents produced so far. Details are extremely vague (likely intentionally) but at least they aren't subtle about it anymore (so far they've been recruiting "volunteers" non-stop anyway)

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    So in the last 24 hours russia announced
    - referendums in 4 occupied regions of Ukraine regarding joining russian federation to be held literally this week amidst Ukrainian counteroffensive
    - "partial" mobilization. The actual word "partial" is only used in the propaganda news reports but not in any legal documents produced so far. Details are extremely vague (likely intentionally) but at least they aren't subtle about it anymore (so far they've been recruiting "volunteers" non-stop anyway)

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Fuck, i hope @BenAkenobi doesn't get drafted. O_O

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

non-satire news:

Last edited by allegate; 09-21-2022 at 12:55 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Fuck, i hope @BenAkenobi doesn't get drafted. O_O
    without having previously served in a/f (because some health issues) -- i think i'll avoid it for a while. said "while" potentially long enough for that madness to be over with the regime itself. if not, gonna try to pledge pacifism, even if that gets me legal trouble, up to doing time. but no fighting for oligarchs golden toilets

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Yeah. Fuck. I just saw it today. I look at the news when I wake up, not at nite.That Reuters story you added was from like 5 am, central, right?

I still maintain that Russia will only get one shot off, and that very well could be stopped by an energy weapon on a satellite.

"Russia has hypersonic missiles and we've never tried that and don't know how to.defend against...'

BULLSHIT. The US has been preparing for.this moment for.fucking 75 years, with a big chunk of that time spent as the world's only (and still only) superpower. We've thrown trillions of dollars at it, over decades.

I'm still holding my ground. Do what you can with what you have.
    Last edited by elevenism; 09-21-2022 at 03:32 PM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Also, if you're in the US or Canada, be glad you're in a place where people currently have the stupid first world privilege of being more worried about about political nonsense and macchiatos than getting hit with a fucking missile.

And maybe we go.Cobra Kai style: first/hard/no mercy.
    I DOUBT we will, but I guarantee you it's being discussed.

Meanwhile, again: if you're in the US, or an ally country, take comfort that we are the kings of Fuck Around and Find Out.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Yeah. Fuck. I just saw it today. I look at the news when I wake up, not at nite.That Reuters story you added was from like 5 am, central, right?

I still maintain that Russia will only get one shot off, and that very well could be stopped by an energy weapon on a satellite.
    They won’t be aiming at US.

They’ll be aiming at the U.K. and Germany. He’s made that clear.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Meanwhile, again: if you're in the US, or an ally country, take comfort that we are the kings of Fuck Around and Find Out.
    No, that would be Russia.

Putin is terrified of NATO.

G and I aren’t even convinced that anyone would carry out Putin’s orders.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Right now, we live in a world where the FDA has to warn people not to cook chicken in NyQuil.

I say bomb away, Russia; bomb away. I'd rather die in a nuclear apocalypse than live in a world where some people are too stupid to know that cooking anything in NyQuil is freaking DANGEROUS.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Right now, we live in a world where the FDA has to warn people not to cook chicken in NyQuil.

I say bomb away, Russia; bomb away. I'd rather die in a nuclear apocalypse than live in a world where some people are too stupid to know that cooking anything in NyQuil is freaking DANGEROUS.
    Well if we put that to a vote, I'll be in the "no thank u, let people enjoy their chickenyquil" camp.
    Relatively speaking I live right next to the nuclear reactors they propose to bomb and right between the "we have a million nukes per capita" federation of states and the "we cram as much nuclear waste as we can into a silo and just launch that" nation. I won't even have the leisure to check out if Mad Max and Fallout had it right, the future of my country is just radioactive glass. If morons is my other option, I'll vote morons.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    No, that would be Russia.

Putin is terrified of NATO.

G and I aren’t even convinced that anyone would carry out Putin’s orders.
    What I MEAN is that we're always outnumbered, never outgunned.
    I wasn't being sarcastic,.and I was speaking on being the PURVEYORS of the poor bastards finding out.
    We're on a similar page.

I don't expect ICBMs to be used...I mean, SURELY not. What I think is far more likely is the deployment of small tactical nuclear device in the REGION. I also REALLY don't think he's dumb enough to try nuking London.

And I wonder: if Russia tries NATO, OR, deploys such a device in Ukraine, WILL we go Cobra Kai?

Edit:
    Corollary to you guys wonder if his orders would be followed:
    I've ALSO been wondering for awhile: if Putin is taking Russia on a crash dummy mission, could he possibly be ousted from within?
    Last edited by elevenism; 09-21-2022 at 07:00 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post

SLEEPY CHICKEN, wtf.

I’m still convinced that NOBODY is doing this and it’s only to get social media hits.

I've ALSO been wondering for awhile: if Putin is taking Russia on a crash dummy mission, could he possibly be ousted from within?
    Yes.
    Last edited by allegro; 09-21-2022 at 08:59 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    there was another story of someone accidentally falling from a window yesterday. I know it's to prove a point - "we don't care about how it looks we'll kill you if you piss us off" - but wow. I saw a comment that sums it up well: "I bet the prices of first floor apartments are going insane right now".

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Putin's just bluffin', you guys.

He's scared shitless. His army is too weak to conquer more territories and he's afraid Ukraine will retake others. That's why he's pushing those fake-referendums in those areas. Because then he'll say Ukraine's attacking Russian land and can sell mobilisations like that from yesterday to the Russian public.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    Putin's just bluffin', you guys.

He's scared shitless. His army is too weak to conquer more territories and he's afraid Ukraine will retake others. That's why he's pushing those fake-referendums in those areas. Because then he'll say Ukraine's attacking Russian land and can sell mobilisations like that from yesterday to the Russian public.
    ~iTs NoT a BlUfF~

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)