Likes Likes:  0
Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: A better way to label MP3 double album than Disc 1 and Disc 2?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A better way to label MP3 double album than Disc 1 and Disc 2?

I was listening to Hurry Up, We're Dreaming by M83 today and I noticed the album is labelled Hurry Up, We're Dreaming (Disc 1) and Hurry Up, We're Dreaming (Disc 2) in my music library.

This got me thinking, my entire music library is digital, so terms like "Disc 1" and "Disc 2" are completely antiquated. I was wondering if anyone had a better suggestion of how to label double albums in a way that makes sense for a digital music library? At first I thought of "Side 1" and "Side 2" but then I realized that even less applicable as that refers to vinyl.

Any ideas?

INB4 someone says "Left" and "Right".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    version and version.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I just continue the track numbering from the first disc on the second and treat it like one big allbum. For example, Pink Floyd's "The Wall" has 13 tracks on each disc, and disc 2 is tracks 14-26 and the entire thing is just labeled as "The Wall".

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    better suited for the random questions threads:
    http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/101-Random-Tech-Questions
    http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/506-Random-General-Questions
    http://www.echoingthesound.org/community/threads/239-Random-Music-Questions

but that said, itunes has an option where you can add the disc number and it organizes it from there. so the fragile, for example, runs left disc to right disc in the proper order, but left is disc 1 of 2 in the info, and right is disc 2 of 2 without changing the album tag or getting creative with the track numbers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I actually think you can indicate disc numbers on a single digital album iirc by just going 1.X on disc one and 2.X on disc two (and so on and so forth).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
    I just continue the track numbering from the first disc on the second and treat it like one big allbum. For example, Pink Floyd's "The Wall" has 13 tracks on each disc, and disc 2 is tracks 14-26 and the entire thing is just labeled as "The Wall".
    Yeah, I've thought of that, it's not a bad suggestion but not ideal as I like having a way to differentiate the two sides.

Quote Originally Posted by frankie teardrop View Post
    itunes has an option where you can add the disc number and it organizes it from there. so the fragile, for example, runs left disc to right disc in the proper order, but left is disc 1 of 2 in the info, and right is disc 2 of 2 without changing the album tag or getting creative with the track numbers.
    Right, I do that already, but I'd really like a way to differentiate the two sides as sometimes I'm only interesting in listening to one side, or want to be able to quickly identify which side a track is from.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Part 1/Part 2?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterscotch View Post
    Part 1/Part 2?
    Haha, it seems so obvious yet I didn't think of it. This is why I posed the question here. So far I'm thinking this is probably the best solution. Thanks for the reply.