Thread: What are you reading?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Just finished Farenheit 451. Looking at some aspects of the present world around me, I'm rather disturbed.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Just finished Farenheit 451. Looking at some aspects of the present world around me, I'm rather disturbed.
    There was a post on Reddit the other day about how ironic it is to read Fahrenheit 451 on a Kindle, I found that pretty great.

If you've not read them, I'd really recommend reading 1984 and Brave New World soon, as all three form a great trilogy of different ideas and perspectives on dystopia and how society could progress for the worse. All three have very different takes, and yet all three have strong merit and points to make.
    @theburningreptile : Maybe it's because I was young at the time, but really, TDT series just had a major impact on me. To this day it's affected how I view relationships with others and how I try to live my life. I've been an aspiring writer for ages and those books really struck a chord with what you can do in fiction and how stories can impact people. It's just got such an astounding scope and scale to it, it's incredible. Also, you really should check out the rest of the Hannibal series. It's a love-it-or-hate-it sort of thing, but the third book, Hannibal, is by far my favorite of the three. If the dark poetry aspects of the series is what you love about it, you'd love that one.
    Last edited by implanted_microchip; 09-06-2014 at 03:22 PM.