Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
Reading book 7 of The Dark Tower series at home, it's taken me so long to get through all these books but it's been awesome. A couple of the books could've benefited from being a little shorter
Right before the very end, King's gonna suggest you stop reading at a certain point. Heed his warning. Unless you've already had the end of the whole thing spoiled for you, in which case whatever.
I'm reading 11/22/63. Brevity has never been King's strong suit (in novels, that is) but it reads so smoothly I can't believe I'm over 300 pages in.
I don't do two books at once. Last thing I read was The Boy in the Suitcase by Kaaberbol and Friis. It's a Scandinavian thriller involving a kidnapping, but don't expect it to be anything like TGWTDT. Fortunately the authors are a little more... concise than Mr. Larsson. It's a quick read, but worth it.
And next up is gonna be The Falls, 12th in Ian Rankin's DI Rebus series, which is a series I emphatically recommend to anyone who likes mystery. Book one, Knots & Crosses, is one of my all-time favourites. If the prospect of a 17-book series is too daunting, well, you could probably skip from 1 to 8, which is when they get back to being amazing rather than "pretty damn good".