Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39
Results 1,141 to 1,164 of 1164

Thread: What are you reading?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by esomiso View Post
    "The Brain That Changes Itself" - Norman Doidge, M.D.
    Why? Because Neuroplasticity is fucking amazing.

Also, hello all. First post. Nice to meet you.
    Howdy, I'd welcome you but I don't have the right -- 2nd post here.

I'll have to pick that up. I hope the brain can change itself. I'm a latecomer to DBT and if it doesn't help, I'm going to be lost.

I'm reading Heaven's River by Dennis Taylor, book 4 of the Bobiverse. The whole series is a rather fun romp, at least if you're old enough to get his references.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

this is what I'll be reading right after this BattleTech novel is completed... which might be Friday. So... this makes me happy.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    this one's probably not getting a special release...

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Finished: “The Sword And The Dagger” by Ardanth Mayhar … quite good. I wonder why it hasn’t been reprinted. Adds a new perspective to Hanse Davion and the Steiner-Davion alliance.

Starting: “So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish” by Douglas Adams... I had forgotten that I still had to read this one and then Mostly Harmless....

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    my new read…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Finished: “So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish” by Douglas Adams … still delightful, even the ending.

Starting: “Mostly Harmless” by Douglas Adams

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Finished: “Mostly Harmless” by Douglas Adams … you know, in all the ways the series could have ended, I’m still satisfied with it. Just like how it started.

Starting: “Star Lord” by Donald G. Phillips (back into the BattleTech swing of things).

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Finished: “Star Lord” by Donald G. Phillips … I liked it. Was kind of hoping it was setting up for a sequel but no, it’s probably finished. Maybe Duncan’s Demons will show up again though.

Starting: “Operation Excalibur” by William H. Keith

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Finished: “Operation Excalibur” by William H. Keith, Jr. … Another fine Gray Death Legion adventure.

Starting: “Bred For War” by Michael A. Stackpole

Mentioned
    566 Post(s)
    I finally got hold of Clockwork Angels, the novelization of Rush's final album, written by Kevin J. Anderson and based on a story by Neil Peart. I'm not expecting literary fireworks, exactly, but I DO look forward to finally understanding the "concept" of Rush and Neil's final statement, a concept that still eludes my understanding, even after hearing the album 100 times or so.

Also on deck is Stephen King's recent novella for Hard Case Crime, Later. I LOVED the last one, called Joyland.

Finally, I've got Warren Zanes' Tom Petty biography and Catching the Big Fish by David Lynch, which I'm certainly willing to check out, but, lord knows what that will be like.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    “The Lathe of Heaven”, started today, read 20-ish page. Bleedthrough might have had connections with it, but I almost immediately had the feeling that the book somehow inspired the Year Zero universe

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Finished: “Bred For War” by Michael A. Stackpole … a whole lot goes on in this one. Lots of moving parts in many different aspects of the BattleTech universe. Excited for more. Cover art didn't seem to match any particular scene in the novel though...

Starting: “I Am Jade Falcon” by Robert Thurston

Mentioned
    488 Post(s)
    I finishing off Such a Quiet Place. It's short, got an interesting enough premise, but I don't know if I'd really recommend it. I've been looking for more female authors writing horror / thriller novels, but this still feels like a "whodunnit" mystery more than anything.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Just finished "Normal People" by Sally Rooney.

Decent enough book, and seems realistic, but the man is an asshole and isn't good enough for the woman.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Finished: “I Am Jade Falcon” by Robert Thurston … lots of interesting bits going on. RIP Natasha Kerensky

Starting: “Highlander Gambit” by Blaine Lee Pardoe

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I finally started Dune (with the intention to finish it before the movie comes out) and I can't fucking put it down.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Wuthering Heights and I love it. Never read it before.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Finished: “Highlander Gambit” by Blaine Lee Pardoe … a satisfying book; lots going on.

Starting: “Malicious Intent” by Michael A. Stackpole

I've read 31 BattleTech novels and have 28 more to go... I'm reading them in date order as per the books (example; December 24, 3056 and the next being March 10, 3057) and not the publication order (June 1996 and August 1995 respectively of the first example). I figured I may as well sort order them that way to see how the over-arching plot(s) develop.
    Last edited by MrLobster; 08-27-2021 at 03:40 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Finished: “Malicious Intent” by Michael A. Stackpole. Quite interesting with everything going on. Cover art depicted a scene in the book.

Starting: “Binding Force” by Loren L. Coleman

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Finished: “Binding Force” by Loren L. Coleman… I liked it. Still don’t really like the Capellans. Cover art sort of shows a scene.

Starting: “Double-Blind” by Loren L. Coleman

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Finished: “Double-Bind” by Loren L. Coleman … I liked it. Cover art kind of describes a scene of the book but not really.

Starting: “Impetus Of War” by Blaine Lee Pardoe

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    "Fire & Blood" by George RR Martin. I'm seriously underwhelmed.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Finished: “Impetus Of War” by Blaine Lee Pardoe … quite enjoyed it. Cover depicts a scene from the novel.

Starting: “Black Dragon” by Victor Milán