Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Massive Attack

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    So I tried to compile a CD with post-Heligoland material that would make for a cohesive listen in album length and this is what I came up with:

1. Dead Editors (w/ Roots Manuva)
    2. Ritual Spirit (w/ Azekel)
    3. Voodoo In My Blood (w/ Young Fathers)
    4. Take It There (w/ Tricky)
    5. WPIC (w/ Tunde Adebimpe)
    6. The Spoils (w/ Hope Sandoval)
    7. Come Near Me (w/ Ghostpoet)
    8. Watching You (Extended RMX) (w/ Jean-Michel Jarre)
    9. He Says He Needs Me (w/ Young Fathers)
    10. Mad Lifeline (w/ Tunde Adebimpe)
    11. For Nothing (w/ Lyndsey Lupe)
    12. Dear Friend (w/ James Massiah)
    I just heard this playlist in this order and I loved it. Ritual Spirit and The Spoils were great, but really I also needed something in the form of a full lenth record after so many years.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    So I tried to compile a CD with post-Heligoland material that would make for a cohesive listen in album length and this is what I came up with:

5. WPIC (w/ Tunde Adebimpe)
    6. The Spoils (w/ Hope Sandoval)
    7. Come Near Me (w/ Ghostpoet)
    8. Watching You (Extended RMX) (w/ Jean-Michel Jarre)
    9. He Says He Needs Me (w/ Young Fathers)
    10. Mad Lifeline (w/ Tunde Adebimpe)
    11. For Nothing (w/ Lyndsey Lupe)
    12. Dear Friend (w/ James Massiah)
    Will definitely be giving this a whirl before the week's out, it's gotta be better than Heligoland.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    After giving this thing some listens I ended making my own playlist which is a shortened version that flows even better in my opinion.

5. The Spoils (w/ Hope Sandoval)
    6. Come Near Me (w/ Ghostpoet)
    7. Mad Lifeline (w/ Tunde Adebimpe)
    8. He Says He Needs Me (w/ Young Fathers)
    9. For Nothing (w/ Lyndsey Lupe)
    10. Dear Friend (w/ James Massiah)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Damn, I went to go create this playlist on Spotify but some of it is not there...sigh.

One great big festering neon distraction....
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Damn, I went to go create this playlist on Spotify but some of it is not there...sigh.
    Ditto, but the missing tracks can be found on YouTube.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Just wanted to put the feelers out there - Does anybody here happen to have a ticket to the Chicago show they might want to part with? I’d be willing to pay above cost for it. Let me know and we can work out a deal! (There are some on stubhub, but for like $140 a pop.)

I’m considering going to the Chicago show instead of DC to save myself a ton of financial strain, so if that goes through I’ll have a ticket to the Washington DC show for sale, too!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Aaand double post for an update from Jam Productions on the Facebook page for the Chicago show:

Massive Attack regret to announce that the upcoming Mezzanine XXI shows in the USA and Canada have been postponed due to illness. The shows will be rescheduled for this fall, with a full announcement to be made on Thursday March 14th. All current tickets will be valid for the new dates.

The band are deeply sorry for any inconvenience and are looking forward to bringing the show to the USA and Canada soon.
    Well. That sucks. :/ At least I don’t need to sell my ticket now. Looking forward to the full announcement next week, though.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I have the WORST FUCKING LUCK with this band. Detroit damn well better be on a new set of dates. I'm already having a shit day and this isn't helping.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    I have the WORST FUCKING LUCK with this band. Detroit damn well better be on a new set of dates. I'm already having a shit day and this isn't helping.
    I’m very curious to see whether any new shows will be added, or if the sets will change slightly to add any different material. Hope the new dates work out for you though! For me, the delay is kind of a godsend (although a bummer because I’ve been waiting like 15 years to see this band). Just gives me more time to stash money away and go ham on merch or make a bigger trip out of it, but I know this isn’t the case for many other people.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    I’m very curious to see whether any new shows will be added, or if the sets will change slightly to add any different material. Hope the new dates work out for you though! For me, the delay is kind of a godsend (although a bummer because I’ve been waiting like 15 years to see this band). Just gives me more time to stash money away and go ham on merch or make a bigger trip out of it, but I know this isn’t the case for many other people.
    As long as there's a Detroit show, I'll be there. It's the closest thing to a local show for me and I guess unless it's on Sept 8 (same night as Bush/Live/OLP but let's be real, I would still go see MA instead) I'm good to go. I'm more worried that they won't reschedule every show.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    As long as there's a Detroit show, I'll be there. It's the closest thing to a local show for me and I guess unless it's on Sept 8 (same night as Bush/Live/OLP but let's be real, I would still go see MA instead) I'm good to go. I'm more worried that they won't reschedule every show.
    Fingers are crossed!! From the sound of it, all tickets will still be valid, but you never know with potential venue changes and whatnot. Until I hear otherwise, I’m just gonna metaphorically lock my ticket up in a vault and hope for the best. I feel bad for the people who have made hotel reservations that can’t cancel and get a refund, with any luck they can at least reschedule without too much trouble. These situations are always a mess.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I feel sorry for those of you that were gonna see them in the new few weeks, but this is perfect for me. On account of my obsession with March Madness and the fact that my team Seton Hall is in the tourney and playing really well again, I had blocked out basically this whole month for bball and potential related travel. Now I can grab a ticket the day of for one of the Radio City shows this fall!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Disappointed, but I guess we'll see what/when/where the rescheduled dates are. On the plus side, I received my remastered deluxe Mezzanine a couple weeks ago from Amazon. It said it was made in the Czech Republic. I read that other Amazon orders got outright canceled. I guess I got lucky and it appears the listing is gone last I checked.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zaps30 View Post
    Disappointed, but I guess we'll see what/when/where the rescheduled dates are. On the plus side, I received my remastered deluxe Mezzanine a couple weeks ago from Amazon. It said it was made in the Czech Republic. I read that other Amazon orders got outright canceled. I guess I got lucky and it appears the listing is gone last I checked.
    pirates press is located in the czech republic and does a great job with vinyl, i'm guessing they did it. there should be a stamp in the dead wax that says pirates press.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Oops, I forgot to mention that it's the CD version I got.

One great big festering neon distraction....
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    On the plus side, I received my remastered deluxe Mezzanine a couple weeks ago from Amazon. It said it was made in the Czech Republic. I read that other Amazon orders got outright canceled. I guess I got lucky and it appears the listing is gone last I checked.
    I did notice that the product page disappeared recently but luckily my deluxe vinyl pre-order hasn't been canceled (yet).

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Oops, I forgot to mention that it's the CD version I got.
    I thought the reissue isn't out until April. This is the 2CD set with Mad Professor reworks?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    I thought the reissue isn't out until April. This is the 2CD set with Mad Professor reworks?
    Yea. I was really confused when I had a temp charge from Amazon. I thought they were sending me the wrong item, but it ended up being what it was supposed to be.

https://ibb.co/wrvtbWp

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yea. I was really confused when I had a temp charge from Amazon. I thought they were sending me the wrong item, but it ended up being what it was supposed to be.

https://ibb.co/wrvtbWp
    You lucky fucker! Ugh, been waiting forever for this release. I'm more interested in the remaster than the bonus disc. I kinda wish they included Mezzanine era's b-sides more so than remixes, but that's just me. I hope they did a good job on the remaster.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    You lucky fucker! Ugh, been waiting forever for this release. I'm more interested in the remaster than the bonus disc. I kinda wish they included Mezzanine era's b-sides more so than remixes, but that's just me. I hope they did a good job on the remaster.
    Totally!

Superpredators
    Reflection
    Euro Zero Zero
    Wire/End Titles
    Nature of Threat

Am I missing any other?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by high def ultra-realism View Post
    Totally!

Superpredators
    Reflection
    Euro Zero Zero
    Wire/End Titles
    Nature of Threat

Am I missing any other?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Back/She Comes off Inertia Creeps, though that is considered a Mad Professor Remix) and Rising Son (Otherside)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by high def ultra-realism View Post
    Totally!

Superpredators
    Reflection
    Euro Zero Zero
    Wire/End Titles
    Nature of Threat

Am I missing any other?
    I can't to this day get my head around how they miss so much stuff off these things, the one chance to make a catch all definitive Mezzanine reissue and the real b-sides are just left off. And that thing with releasing a remix of a tune without the actual original being released really gets to me.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Superpredators only surfaced as a Mad Professor remix, correct?
    And to be fair Reflection has been recorded after the album came out when they were on a break from tour and it's pretty much a 3D solo offering. Euro Zero Zero is a rerecording of the '96 version and was therefore never intended to make the album.
    A full version of Wire surfaced last year on Youtube and it's not up to par with the rest of the album imo.
    Also, wasn't Nature of Threat produced during the early sessions for 100th window when 3D and Davidge still planned to make live drumming the foundation of a new Massive Attack album...?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I had tickets to see one of the LA shows... but I'm more generally just concerned. Is there any word on what this illness is, or who it is affecting? Cancelling a continental tour leg at the last minute isn't a case of "someone got food poisoning."

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Superpredators only surfaced as a Mad Professor remix, correct?
    And to be fair Reflection has been recorded after the album came out when they were on a break from tour and it's pretty much a 3D solo offering. Euro Zero Zero is a rerecording of the '96 version and was therefore never intended to make the album.
    A full version of Wire surfaced last year on Youtube and it's not up to par with the rest of the album imo.
    Also, wasn't Nature of Threat produced during the early sessions for 100th window when 3D and Davidge still planned to make live drumming the foundation of a new Massive Attack album...?
    Superpredators (not the Made Professor Mix) is on The Jackal movie soundtrack. Believe it's called Superpredators (Metal Postcard)
    https://www.discogs.com/Various-The-.../release/11729

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    https://patwhite.com/massive-attack-...au-centre-bell

The Montreal show is rescheduled to Sept 14 at Bell Centre Theatre, due to Place des Arts not having availability. Ticket holders will be refunded and a presale to repurchase tickets will be occurring soon. Public onsale March 16 at 12pm: https://evenko.ca/en/events/23283/ma...tre/09-14-2019

Toronto has added a 2nd show for Sept 18: tickets go on sale March 19 at 10am: https://www.ticketmaster.com/massive...00566DE80B6AC4

Same venues:
    San Diego is now Sept 1
    Los Angeles is now Sept 3-5
    San Francisco is now Sept 7
    St. Paul is now Sept 10
    Chicago is now Sept 11
    Detroit is now Sept 12
    Toronto is now Sept 17
    Philadelphia is now Sept 20
    Boston is now Sept 21
    Washington, DC is now Sept 24
    New York is now Sept 26-27
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 03-14-2019 at 12:40 PM.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Superpredators (not the Made Professor Mix) is on The Jackal movie soundtrack. Believe it's called Superpredators (Metal Postcard)
    https://www.discogs.com/Various-The-.../release/11729
    This is tricky, because it's actually the Mad Professor Mix on the cd, but the original version plays IN the movie (during the opening credits). It's therefore probably an instrumental specifically created for the use in the movie (hence the song title).
    Also, the remix is almost identical to the original version.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    This is tricky, because it's actually the Mad Professor Mix on the cd, but the original version plays IN the movie (during the opening credits). It's therefore probably an instrumental specifically created for the use in the movie (hence the song title).
    Also, the remix is almost identical to the original version.
    The one on The Jackal soundtrack is 4:39 where as the one listed as Mad Professor Mix is 5:12. Discogs listing does not credit Mad Professor at all, but still not that much different from the Jackal credits version.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    San Francisco date opened up more tickets to their sold out show this morning, was able secure a GA ticket!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The Mezzanine fiasco continues. Latest announcement, they killed the 3LP special edition. Why it took almost a year to tell fans this is beyond me. They BS'ed fans the entire time with these delays and no word on what's going on.