Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: The Netflix Thread

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    "Dirty Money" is an excellent series. Tip of the iceberg. I'm up to the maple syrup episode. Looks like they left the Donald for last. Scott Tucker sure seems like a scumbag. How about VW being touchy about testing emissions on humans. Wow. The optics on that are how you say pretty bad. Hopefully this series will make some people wake up. Local news for me, Amazon just had big layoff. & they are supposedly 1 of the more sucessful corporations. I think the initial smoke screen for the tax cut for the rich & corporations is dissipating. They are going to put out a bunch more pictures of smiling faces so we know its all ok. Also saw an article about how our buds the Koch brothers are trying to fight against paid sick leave. Strange & bad times we live in. Off to my own piece of corporate hell now....I'm a ghost in the machine.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    The last episode "CONfidence Man" is stunning. We are in so much trouble in the states & by extension the rest of the world to whatever extent. I knew most of this stuff but seeing it all put together is mindboggling. How this was allowed to happen is deeply disturbing. The brainwashing has worked beyond wildest expectations. I'll be dead in not distant future but I feel very afraid for the next generation.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    My girl and I love this show from Judd Apatow.
    Finally returns for its third and final season on March 9th.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    wrong thread.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 02-15-2018 at 12:10 PM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Have you guys seen that "Retribution?"

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    watched "the ritual" last night and it was awesome. exactly what i want out of a horror movie. i was enthralled the entire time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone here as excited as I am for this gem?

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    watched "the ritual" last night and it was awesome. exactly what i want out of a horror movie. i was enthralled the entire time.
    Caught this one today. I second that. It was excellent!
    I was long overdue for a good horror movie.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Mute was okay but definitely nothing special. Some decent performances and pretty (albeit derivative) set pieces.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Mute was okay but definitely nothing special. Some decent performances and pretty (albeit derivative) set pieces.
    I heard a lot of negative reviews about the film which makes me sad considering that it's from Duncan Jones and.... *sniff* he dedicated the film to his dad and former nanny.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I watched it this afternoon & thought it was decent enough.

I just wonder if him hyping it as his "dream project" for so long got expectations up for something groundbreaking.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    William Gibson (Neuromancer, etc) kept retweeting comments that talk about how great Mute is, how it's "what Blade Runner 2049 could have been," etc. Given that Gibson seems to enjoy it, that gives me hope! (Though, as a massive Blade Runner 2049 fan, I think those latter comments are a bit much. But hey, it means people like Mute, at least.)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I gotta say, this looks pretty good. The special effects look pro. I hope Netflix can pull it off.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Icarus strange and entertaining
    -Louie

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    watched about 1/3 of Mute with my wife. she wasn't really enjoying it and i haven't felt the need to finish it. i liked the little tie-ins with Moon but justin theroux's character really pissed me off. when i thought he and paul rudd were together, i was into it. when instead he was basically a creepy dude attracted to teenage girls, i was very grossed out.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    watched The Chase. I enjoyed it, it is certainly not your average Korean serial killer film (a genre I tend to avoid these days, ever since watching I Saw The Devil); I appreciated The Chase's humor and the lighter whimsical touch.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80226357
    Last edited by aggroculture; 03-18-2018 at 01:23 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    watched about 1/3 of Mute with my wife. she wasn't really enjoying it and i haven't felt the need to finish it. i liked the little tie-ins with Moon but justin theroux's character really pissed me off. when i thought he and paul rudd were together, i was into it. when instead he was basically a creepy dude attracted to teenage girls, i was very grossed out.
    About the same happened to me. My wife bailed on it pretty quickly and went to bed. I made it about half way and it didn’t hold my interest enough to even finish.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    About the same happened to me. My wife bailed on it pretty quickly and went to bed. I made it about half way and it didn’t hold my interest enough to even finish.
    yeah, i never went back to it. the more i thought about it, the more i was like "nahhhh"

the little connections to Moon were cool but that was honestly my favorite element...not really a great sign

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    My girl and I love this show from Judd Apatow.
    Finally returns for its third and final season on March 9th.
    I just got introduced to this show over the weekend while house hunting in Colorado with a very sweet lady that happens to be one of my best friends. I’m hooked.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    This one is fascinating. Absolutely insane stuff.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    hey so i want to tell you all to watch that Connor Mcregor doc. I think it's called Notorious.

It's fucking fascinating in that he was pretty well broke when they started filming it. and dude is just like "i'm the best in the world, i'm the champion. no one can beat me. i'm gonna be rich" and just fucking WILLS that shit into existence.

he's also an utter fucking lunatic.

but yeah, it was fascinating and inspirational

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Not huge news, but Jessica Jones officially picked up for Season 3.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Stranger Things 3 - Now In Production

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Evil Genius may be my favorite documentary they've released so far ... only got one more episode left to watch, but I highly recommend checking it out.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Evil Genius may be my favorite documentary they've released so far ... only got one more episode left to watch, but I highly recommend checking it out.

I'm with you, I'm almost done with the 3rd episode and loving it. Netflix does produce some great documentaries, their strongpoint IMO

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    10 AFTER MIDNIGHT
    Guillermo del Toro Horror Anthology Series Coming to Netflix

Academy Award winner writer-producer-director Guillermo del Toro is reteaming with The Shape of Water producer J. Miles Dale and Netflix on a new horror anthology series, Guillermo del Toro Presents 10 After Midnight. The show, coming soon to the streamer, is a genre-defining anthology where Del Toro will present a collection of personally-curated stories that are both equally sophisticated and horrific.

On Guillermo del Toro Presents 10 After Midnight, creator and executive producer del Toro will bring his own visionary style as both a writer and director to certain episodes. In addition, he will handpick a team of the genre’s best writers and exciting new filmmakers to bring his selection of stories to life.

The series serves as Netflix’s first original horror anthology series and extends the collaboration between Del Toro and Netflix, which began with the award-winning animated series Trollhunters. Dale will serve as executive producer on the show, along with Gary Ungar (Exile Entertainment).

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/94...ing-to-netflix

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Watched this brief documentary series last night. Fascinating as all Hell:

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Jesus, when does Dark start making sense?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Has anybody watched Safe with Michael C. Hall?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OSLIN View Post
    Has anybody watched Safe with Michael C. Hall?
    Just started it last night. Enjoying it thus far.