Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28

Thread: The Netflix Thread

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Okay, most annoying characters in the show are, in order:

1) EVERY guy in the newsroom
    2) The mayor
    3) Erica (she got better by the end, but holy crap, early-season Erica was just annoying as hell)

Max doesn't even crack the top three for me. What was it you hated so much about her?

And on to different Netflix shows, is anyone else watching Glow? I literally just started two weeks ago, not realizing that a new season was about to come out. What timing.
    Those three all suck. I guess I should rephrase it to her being the most unlikeable in terms of the main cast.

Spoiler: The whole manipulation of Mike she orchestrated by getting El to dump him was just unnecessarily cold and mean. It made it hard for me to really want to root for her after that.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    And on to different Netflix shows, is anyone else watching Glow? I literally just started two weeks ago, not realizing that a new season was about to come out. What timing.
    Yup and enjoyed it too!

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    Those three all suck. I guess I should rephrase it to her being the most unlikeable in terms of the main cast.

Spoiler: The whole manipulation of Mike she orchestrated by getting El to dump him was just unnecessarily cold and mean. It made it hard for me to really want to root for her after that.
    She's a young teenage girl. In the 80s. The hell were you expecting her character to do, sit down and have a deep philosophical chat and give advice on open and honest heartfelt communication?

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Save The OA
    Nearly 50,000 signatures...
    http://chng.it/jqwXcpYTLg

There is also a theory going around that the show isn't really canceled and this is some sorta meta experience the show is pulling on us. There are threads about this on reddit and it even got picked up by NME.
    https://www.nme.com/news/tv/the-oa-n...n-fake-2536691
    Last edited by neorev; 08-12-2019 at 05:50 AM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    It's in the 90s and humid here every day - even early in the morning. Took that as a good excuse to watch season 3 of Glow in one day.

I loved it. The actual wrestling part of it was always what I was least interested in, and it definitely takes a back seat this season. The personal story lines, the way they addressed things that were big in that time...man, I kind of wish I hadn't gone through it all in one day.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Anyone watch Rocko's Modern Life? I didn't care for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Got bored and watched Seth Rogen's Hilarity for Charity. Holy shit that Justin Roiland short was the best thing I've ever seen. Beyond NSFW.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I don't know if this show is of interest to anyone here (I hadn't even heard of it before they started filming), but they're filming part of a new show called Madam C J Walker with Octavia Spencer just down the street from my work.

I've got a few photos from the set if anyone is interested.

The part they're doing near my work wraps up today.