Thread: The Netflix Thread

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    The Ritual fucking SUCKED

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The Beyond is the worst movie I've seen on Netflix..maybe ever.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Necro doom monkey View Post
    The Beyond is the worst movie I've seen on Netflix..maybe ever.
    i feel end of it was worse. they tend to run in multiples like celebrity deaths. usual steer clear for a while before going back. I have no idea how their production process works. would be interested to know.
    -louie

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Holy fucking shit.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Norm Macdonald Has a Show will be occupying most of my time for the next few days. Will have to put off the new season of Bojack until I finish Norm.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Looks VERY interesting....

Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    Big fan of David Farrier. A few episodes in, very interesting whacky stuff as I’ve come to expect from him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post

Love this show already. I hope theres a season 2.
    I couldn’t get past the first part of the first episode. The guy came across as a total hypocrite and a cunt.

I mean, he goes to Colombia and his whole “adventure” there is based on exploiting the drug cartel. He goes through the trouble of finding a tour by one of Escobar’s gunmen, he most likely paid for the tour, makes his show all about the SHOCK VALUE of the whole drug cartel thing, and then he starts judging his tour guide on camera...

Is there an episode where he goes somewhere in Southeast Asia and takes a child prostitution tour to show that crap in his series, and then gets all mighty on his tall horse and starts judging them on camera for doing that? Or maybe one in Saudi Arabia where he takes a tour through the most iconic sites where women are stoned to death for being raped or for showing their ankles, and then judges them for doing so?

I didn’t even bother watching the rest of the episode where he goes to Mexico.

His head is so deep inside his own ass that he is unable to see that he is part of glorifying the same shit that he judges and criticizes.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I thought it was a neat show lol. *shrugs*

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The Haunting Of Hill House

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I know someone (who worked on the first season) that was just notified that he'll be on the crew for Altered Carbon season 2 as well. For what it's worth, it films here from Feb to June 2019.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Altered Carbon was solid, but not over the top amazing. Had alot of really interesting ideas, copious amounts of nudity and violence, and everyone seemed to buy in on the premise. I'm in for season 2.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    The Ritual fucking SUCKED
    you think everything sucks though.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    you think everything sucks though.
    Not really! Horror Sci-Fi on Netflix that I liked/loved, though not sure if they're all still on there: Black Mirror, The Descent, Grave Encounters, Tusk, The Invitation, I Saw the Devil, Stranger Things, Ex Machina... There's tons of good stuff on there, just The Ritual was horrrrrrible.

And I'm interested to see what they do with The Haunting of Hill House, since that's one of my favorite horror novels.
    EDIT: Though now that I've just watched the trailer, it seems that this has NOTHING to do with the source material.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 10-09-2018 at 11:07 PM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)

And I'm interested to see what they do with The Haunting of Hill House, since that's one of my favorite horror novels.
    EDIT: Though now that I've just watched the trailer, it seems that this has NOTHING to do with the source material.
    Ah, well that sucks.
    It's one of my favorite horror novels too.

I thought The Ritual was, hmmm, alright.
    What I wanted to know, after watching it, is how common those animals are in Sweden. :/

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The Haunting of Hill House is crazy good so far. Love a good proper horror series.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Just watched the Netflix adaptation of Stephen King's Gerald's Game.. so fucked up. Very well done I think. Very disturbing. I love everything that I've seen Carel Struycken in, this is easily his most disturbing role I've seen.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    The Haunting of Hill House is crazy good so far. Love a good proper horror series.
    Agreed. I’m about 5 episodes in, and I’m enjoying the hell out of it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Just started it last night and we got through 4 and a half episodes before we had to go to bed. Freaking great show.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Not really! Horror Sci-Fi on Netflix that I liked/loved, though not sure if they're all still on there: ... I Saw the Devil,
    ok so this is tangential and i'm not sure if this movie is still on netflix either, but when you mentioned "I Saw The Devil," i wondered if you had seen the similarly titled "Here Comes the Devil."

i recommend that one too.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I, too, an digging this Hill House show.

I was concerned about its deviation from the book, but hell if it doesn't work.

Even though it's a different story, the connections to the source material are cool and the theme and overall vibe are spot on.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    @october_midnight @caca @kdrcraig @elevenism
    For those watch Hill House...

Episode 3, I am curious if anyone else saw this...
    Spoiler: When Theo finds the hidden door to the bootlegging basement, did anyone else see the creepy guy standing behind the stairs??????? It is right at the moment she first opens the trapdoor and looks down inside. Be sure to focus on the stairs going down. I saw it first and mentioned, but my girl missed it. So I rewound it and my girl was like "Ahhhh, what the fuck is that?!?!" It creeped me and my girl out. If you don't know what I am talking about, go back to that scene and watch it again.
    Last edited by neorev; 10-16-2018 at 12:21 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    We definitely did, lol. If you're referring to that Spoiler: dark blue-ish face staring up between the rungs then yeah we did haha. There was another one that I caught but can't quite recall the episode where someone's looking down or through a doorway and you can sort of Spoiler: make out some kind of out-of-focus humanoid figure in the background behind them...maybe it was just a statue or something but it DID cause me to rewind it to point it out to my wife lol. If I can remember when, I'll post it, but perhaps in the end there'll be a bunch of Spoiler: instances where they snuck in these sort of little things to see if you'd catch them.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Oh shit, @neorev nevermind...we're right. The official Twitter account just tweeted out:

AND

If you check out this reply you'll see a screengrab that clearly shows it. Spoiler for others, of course.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Ah, not following the Twitter page. Gotta check that out.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I didn't catch that in episode 3 but I did notice random faces/figures sprinkled throughout the show. Finished it last night, I think it's one of my favorite shows that Netflix has done. The last episode was incredible.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    There are actually a bunch of hidden ghosts.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Regarding THOHH: it occurred to me that it's a WHOLE hell of a lot like Oculus (which had the same writer/director.)

Actually, same director and I'm pretty damn sure he also did the writing.

Edit: ok, I stand corrected. Flanagan only wrote 40% of the show.
    But he directed all of it.
    Last edited by elevenism; 10-17-2018 at 01:30 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    My PlayStation Plus just offered me 3 months free Netflix...tempting, especially as i'm planning around 24 days off at christmas...i might finally be able to finish Kill La Kill!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    watched the first two episodes of Hill House last night and i'm hooked. and also terrified. i'm such a weenie. hahaha