Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
Good GOD, i fucking LOVE the Office. i don't get into sitcoms, pretty much AT ALL, EVER.

But, i saw some episodes of it in like 2010, when i only had a handful of channels that would come in. And, that was one of the shows i could watch after work. i enjoyed the episodes, and, when i saw it was available on netflix, i decided i'd like to see a few more episodes.
I wound up watching the whole thing, REALLY fast. It's SO. FUCKING. GOOD.
It's funny, yes, but what makes it great is that it has so much HEART. There's a sweetness to it. Jim and Pam's love story brought me to tears a few times.
Also, in a way, it's sort of a soap-operatic drama, disguised as a comedy.

I fucking DREAMED about the show while i was watching it, and, have had a few dreams about it, long after i finished it.

i've heard of people being obsessed with it, and, watching it 10 times and such, and, i get it now.

It's one of my favorite shows of all time (and, it's the lone comedy on that list.)

I cant tell you how many times I've watched the series through. Years ago when it came out, I watched it in real time/bought the DVDs as they came out but I think I stopped watching after Michael left. Then, on the night that the series finale aired, I watched it and it didnt quit resonate with me. I didnt know who the new characters were, and it seemed to not have the impact it should have had on me.

Then, I rewatched the entire series for the first time, and finished it out even after Michael left and when I watched the series finale I was gutted. There is something to be said about the show. I could talk about it forever but I think that so many people connect with it because WE ALL wish we worked in a place like that, and in an environment like that. I think it is safe to say that almost all viewers of this masterpiece of a show are in some form or another living vicariously through these characters. The show has comedy, but like you mentioned above, just as much heart as well.

I've read a lot of interviews that Steve Carell gave basically saying that a reboot would be impossible because a lot of the humor they had on the show wouldn't fly today, and unfortunately I agree, given the sensitive state of well, pretty much everyone today.

Either way, this is by far one of my, IF NOT my VERY favorite show ever. I still watch it today. I told my wife that after Netflix has it pulled, we may need to finally invest in the DVDs because I cant give it up.