Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1323

Thread: The Netflix Thread

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Jeez...and the TV series I want to watch just keep piling up epically.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I went to the Youtube main page and there was a "season 3 ending explained" for The Umbrella Academy that was posted. Jeez, can you at least do an episode by episode breakdown first?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Finally watched "Girlfriend's Day" last night. A nice, dark comedy. Or a nicely dark comedy. Spoiler: didn't think they needed the bum fights angle; could have been achieved otherwise

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Watched the first three episodes of Umbrella Academy. It's got to have different writers this year, right? Spoiler: They aren't so far, the first three episodes are written by writers from previous season

There's no reason for the show to be moving so slow at this point. The siblings have grown with each other and yet they are back to bickering like the first season. Very disappointing.

What wasn't disappointing at all was the first Sparrow/Umbrella fight.

That was three minutes of me just laughing my ass off. I wish it would have ended the same way as the other time gleek girl used her power.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    The siblings have grown with each other and yet they are back to bickering like the first season. Very disappointing.
    Yeah, I've lost my patience for the show, I think. I have no interest in watching people make stupid impulsive decisions in situations that wouldn't lead to a fight if they just fucking explain what happened to them.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Just enjoyed watching this.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Fucking pumped.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Just finished The Sandman. Very faithful adaptation.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Just finished The Sandman. Very faithful adaptation.
    Is it good though? Gotta be honest I haven't really been feeling the scenes and trailers they've released so far. Visually, something just looks off to me. But I hope I'm wrong. We all know the story is good so it comes down to the execution.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burnmotherfucker! View Post
    Is it good though? Gotta be honest I haven't really been feeling the scenes and trailers they've released so far. Visually, something just looks off to me. But I hope I'm wrong. We all know the story is good so it comes down to the execution.
    I agree that visually it wasn't what I've been picturing in my head for the last 25 years or so. But I enjoyed it a lot.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The Woodstock documentary did my head in.

The guys behind it denying there was any drastic problem and blaming the wrong people and then having no one to point that out to them (particularly the documentary makers) … it just baffles me the ignorance and apathy on display.

Really left a sour taste in my mouth. Ugh.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    My husband was there and he said the amount of garbage is always the first thing he thinks of about Woodstock.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Started watching Peaky Blinders. Anyone else seen it?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    My husband was there and he said the amount of garbage is always the first thing he thinks of about Woodstock.
    I was there, and yes. There were a lot of times when plastic bottles were just flying through the air non-stop.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    The Woodstock documentary did my head in.

The guys behind it denying there was any drastic problem and blaming the wrong people and then having no one to point that out to them (particularly the documentary makers) … it just baffles me the ignorance and apathy on display.

Really left a sour taste in my mouth. Ugh.
    The series ended with an interview of Michael Lang and then text saying he died 2 or 3 months later. In this context, who gives a shit? This documentary is full of "bias" or trying to sweep things under the rug.

I've worked many festivals and the garbage all over the grounds reeks of someone trying to save money and pass off the buck, which means volunteers. Not too hard to see why they didn't pick up the grounds.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yep, the whole thing. Parts can definitely drag a bit but it’s more than worth it to stick with it.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Gotta get back to Peaky Blinders one day. I think I stopped after season 2. NO TIME!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    I agree that visually it wasn't what I've been picturing in my head for the last 25 years or so. But I enjoyed it a lot.
    great to hear. Gotta start this soon.
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 08-11-2022 at 02:48 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    The series ended with an interview of Michael Lang and then text saying he died 2 or 3 months later. In this context, who gives a shit? This documentary is full of "bias" or trying to sweep things under the rug.

I've worked many festivals and the garbage all over the grounds reeks of someone trying to save money and pass off the buck, which means volunteers. Not too hard to see why they didn't pick up the grounds.
    They laid the blame wholly on the contractors they sold the service rights to; because "this is a for-profit event". As they did with food services and price gouging.
    This was all the "adult"/professional organizers fault.

When you don't take care of peoples needs (and reasonable wants), bad things will always happen as a result. And then you add in intoxicants and heat. After you've made them angry with prices...

But also, I look at this and see what's happened during COVID-time and think; "yeah, this was predictable... the people who were in their 20s are in their 40s now and uh... yeah"

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Yep, the whole thing. Parts can definitely drag a bit but it’s more than worth it to stick with it.
    The music!! I'm waiting for NIN to start playing!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I really enjoyed that one. Binged it about two years ago and then waited for the final season. I miss it but glad they ended it rather than drag on much more. The cast was amazing.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

This was mildly infuriating to watch. But educational, b/c I remember checking out of that site EARLY. I had went there bc of the initial buzz/the fact that it was known musicians who were on there alot of times, but it seems I missed the entire thing where it transitioned to him aggressively seeking out nudes etc from unwitting people that weren't submitting on their own. I do remember there was an aspect of people submitting their own pics to purposefully be rated/get trashed, but that clearly was a smaller aspect than I thought.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I like that they are making the family heritage much more known with that Gomez (a name that works so much better contextualized that way).

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Surprise bonus episode of The Sandman went up today!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    The Sandman is quite good.
    Last edited by MrLobster; 08-24-2022 at 05:49 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Neil Gaiman on the Secret History of ‘The Sandman,’ from Giant Mechanical Spiders to the Joker
    And you made it clear that if Netflix is foolish enough to not renew this show, there is a potential pathway to take this to another streamer or another network.
    Back when we put the deal together, we made sure that there were ways to continue with Sandman. But we also all hoped that none of them would possibly be necessary, because we love our Netflix people and they love us. And they’ve been amazing. I mean, they even made a secret 11th episode of Sandman.
    Fucking Jon Peters.
    Of course, there were many attempts to adapt this over the years. Under the producer Jon Peters, there was one infamous script that seemed to make it into a very silly action movie.
    I haven’t read that whole script, [but] I’ve read as much of the script as I could take. And I’m not sure if it would’ve been an action movie or quite what it would’ve been. It was a mess. It never got better than a mess. It had giant mechanical spiders in it. The way that it worked …

Wait, did it really have giant mechanical spiders?
    It did!

Do you know about Jon Peters’ obsession with giant mechanical spiders?
    I heard about that later. And people were like, “Oh, you are kidding.” And I’m like, “No, it had a giant mechanical spider.” But much more important than that, Lucifer, Morpheus, and the Corinthian were identical triplets. They were a family of identical brothers, and it was all a race to see who could get the ruby, the helm, and the bag of sand before midnight on 1999, before the new millennium started, because whoever got it would be the winner. That was the plot. I remember them phoning me up. And I’m normally, I’m polite and nice if you’re on the phone. I try and find positive things to say to people who phone you up. And a guy in Jon Peters’ office phoned me up and he said, “So Neil, have you had a chance to read the script we sent you?”

And I said, “Well, yes. Yes, I did. I haven’t read all of it, but I’ve read enough.” He says, “So, pretty good. Huh?” And I said, “Well, no. It really isn’t.” He said, “Oh, come on. There must have been stuff in there you loved.” I said, “There was nothing in there I loved. There was nothing in there I liked. It was the worst script that I’ve ever read by anybody. It’s not just the worst Sandman script. That was the worst script I’ve ever been sent.” And then there was a pause. He says, “Oh, come on. That thing where we made the Corinthian the Sandman’s brother, that was good. Huh?” And I said, “No, that was really stupid.” And he said, “Oh, well, OK. You can’t win them all.” And I said, “No, you really can’t.” And I put down the phone and I thought, what do I do now?

So I sent the script to Ain’t It Cool News, which back then was read by people. And I thought, I wonder what Ain’t It Cool News will think of the script that they’re going to receive anonymously. And they wrote a fabulous article about how it was the worst script they’d ever been sent. And suddenly the prospect of that film happening went away. And instead Jon Peters turned his attention to Wild Wild West.

Which, I have to point out, has a giant mechanical spider in it — and according to Kevin Smith, Jon Peters tried to put a giant mechanical spider into his never-made Superman Lives screenplay as well.
    He had one idea. It transmuted. And he had three properties… They said to him, you can have any three properties you want. And he chose Superman, Wild Wild West, and Sandman. And when I asked, why has he chosen Sandman? They said, because he saw a statue of Morpheus and he thought it looked cool.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

I enjoyed this... but I also played a hell of a lot of Tekken 2 and 3 when they came out. I do like how they kept the moves consistent from the game to the series.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    One rare instance where they got it right. Let it rest for a bit until someone decides to actually make a good adaptation for once.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I watched this whole show the last two days. Really good. It's about a young woman who's an assassin for the Stasi, but then they frame her for espionage and put her in prison. Then the wall falls in 1990 and she's released and out looking for answers.