I'll watch.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    This is breathtaking.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Just Lana W. but not Lilly? I thought they always worked together
    my thoughts, as well. also wondering why no laurence fisburne?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    It's actually very hard to imagine what a modern matrix movie would be like. The nature of technology and the internet bhas changed pretty significantly since these were last a thing. What could be done now that would put this one in a better place than the previous two

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    It's actually very hard to imagine what a modern matrix movie would be like. The nature of technology and the internet bhas changed pretty significantly since these were last a thing. What could be done now that would put this one in a better place than the previous two
    My first thought exactly. Revolutions was 2003, so assuming this hits in like 2021 or 2022...just imagine. I’m pumped.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I would assume you would need almost a complete reboot... The Matrix Rebooted? A post smart phone matrix is exciting for sure, you couldn't do this thing without Keanu.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Keanu is hot shit right now and they could really do something amazing with how technology has changed...but on the flip side i remember how bummed i was with the 2nd and 3rd films...i'm still a bit pessimistic on this.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    The Cave Rave is still probably the worst scene I've ever watched in a movie (maybe some stuff in I Heart Huckabees is worse). The douche chills it gave me...my god.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    The action scenes in reloaded are at least worth a damn but the rest of both of those movies is all yikes

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    the animatrix was better than the sequels, watching them made me realize how much they squandered the sequels, every single story was better, proves they have many roads to take this series down, the sequels were a mess, barely remember them, apart from that mind blowing highway chase scene in reloaded, apart from that it was philosophical gobbeldy goo,

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I've always felt that on their own Reloaded and Revolutions aren't great movies especially not in comparison to the original but watching both in succession works pretty well in a Kill Bill vol 01 to vol 02 way. A lot of goofy early 00s CG certainly held the films down a few rungs and yes the rave/Neo+Trinity sex scene was soooo dumb.

They went overboard with style and didn't take it as seriously the 2nd and 3rd time around. ( lol remember the bowling pin sound when the smiths were knocked over? )

Damned if i don't enjoy watching the burly brawl and chateau fight though or the Highway Chase/Keymaker sequence. The sentinels vs. mech battle, Neo vs. Smith in the rain with their power levels over 9000. Amazing score and soundtracks!

If you simply enjoy the characters and world the sequels provide, they are entertaining enough. The games weren't that great but Enter the Matrix really sucked me in at the time, i thought it was so cool how the game fit in with Reloaded, it sort of elevated my enjoyment of the movie even more and then there was the Animatrix. I lost my mind when i first saw The Final Flight of Osiris, i remember wanting so much more from some of those shorts and i thought it was a great way to expand the universe, could certainly see an example of what some spin off movies or side stories could be like.

This new Matrix movie that's being proposed, i can't wait to see what they'll cook up for us. Let's hope the wilder aspects are reigned in a bit and we get some more substance, at least a more healthy balance.

Bring on the technology, bring on the philosophy and the religious allegories!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    The Matrix Reloaded was still pretty good. Revolutions was the one that was mediocre. I don't know how they'll continue the story, given that the only characters confirmed to be returning died in the original trilogy, but I have faith that they have a good idea of how to tackle that.

Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    my thoughts, as well. also wondering why no laurence fisburne?
    Apparently the rumor is that they're looking for an actor to play a younger version of Morpheus, which may explain the absence of Lawrence Fishbourne's name in the announcement. Or maybe they're still negotiating salary with him? Maybe the plot of the movie will involve time travel, or traveling to a previous version of The Matrix where younger versions of some of the characters exist? Who knows, but I'm really hoping they come up with a story that blows me away as much as the first movie did back in '99.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    *ahem*

"head with a hole! black as my soul! I'd rather die than give you control!" (joke I made back in '99 after finishing watching the movie)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Why?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    The Matrix Reloaded was still pretty good. Revolutions was the one that was mediocre.
    Other way around IMO. Reloaded spends most of its screentime on action sequences that are narratively near-worthless (Neo vs a million Smiths ends in a stalemate, there's basically no reason for Seraph to fight Neo, Trinity's powerstation bombing gets repeated frame-for-frame, retrieving the Keymaker is a small plotbeat that seems to take half the movie). It has the major problem that Neo suddenly has trouble winning any fights when he spent all of the first movie becoming a god. They allude to stuff that's presumably in Enter The Matrix and other non-movie sources. And while they spend vast chunks of the film on stuff that doesn't matter, important narrative beats either happen off-screen, or are rushed through so quickly that it's tricky to figure out what it is or why it's happening (the crew of that other ship all dying apparently because of a broken gangplank, the Architect's notorious monologue). Reloaded feels like a bloated film made by creators who were smug with their own success.

Revolutions on the other hand has the biggest emotional beats of the series, one of the greatest epic battle sequences ever filmed, great doom-laden atmosphere, and manages to deliver what I thought was a satisfying conclusion to the mess that was Reloaded. It also doesn't have the depowered Neo problem, given that he only has one fight in the matrix, and it's versus another godlike figure.

Revolutions is almost on par with the original for me. Both sequels, however, could have benefited from more non-CGI martial arts. There's not a lot of it, and it's a big part of why the original is such a classic.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    @Vertigo I haven't watched the sequels in several years, so I'll have to rewatch them. Maybe I'll agree with you all this time later, but I remember liking the 2nd one more than the 3rd one. I just remember groaning at Tinity's death scene and Neo's self-sacrifice with the Christ-pose. Also, why do the AI bad guys always have to be personified with a face? Terminator Salvation did it with Skynet, too.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    The Cave Rave is still probably the worst scene I've ever watched in a movie (maybe some stuff in I Heart Huckabees is worse). The douche chills it gave me...my god.

Whoa whoa whoa. I Heart Huckabees is fucking hilarious and awesome.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The as-of-yet untitled 4th Matrix movie will drop on May 21, 2021.

Cast so far:

• Keanu Reeves • Carrie-Anne Moss• Jada Pinkett Smith• Yahya Abdul Mateen • Neil Patrick Harris • Jessica Henwick • Jonathan Groff• Toby Onwumere

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I find it difficult to believe Lawrence Fishburne isn't coming back too...

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    The as-of-yet untitled 4th Matrix movie will drop on May 21, 2021.

Cast so far:

• Keanu Reeves • Carrie-Anne Moss• Jada Pinkett Smith• Yahya Abdul Mateen • Neil Patrick Harris • Jessica Henwick • Jonathan Groff• Toby Onwumere
    Great cast!

NPH is maybe the odd one out but perhaps they have a kooky Merovingian style role for him.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Great cast!

NPH is maybe the odd one out but perhaps they have a kooky Merovingian style role for him.
    he was legitimately unsettling in gone girl, so i feel like he could easily pull off a dramatic role in this!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    he was legitimately unsettling in gone girl, so i feel like he could easily pull off a dramatic role in this!
    No doubt! I'm glad I'm not the only one skeeved out by his performance in GG.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    No doubt! I'm glad I'm not the only one skeeved out by his performance in GG.
    like i really believed he was going to try to kill her. obsession is a terrifying thing.

anyway, i think he'll be great in whatever role in the matrix, i'm very curious to see what they do with the film (and i'm very disappointed that laurence fishburne isn't involved).

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    So this has the same release date as John Mother-Fucking Wick 4...hollywood making us choose which Keanu we want more, rather then say give us one a month!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    So this has the same release date as John Mother-Fucking Wick 4...hollywood making us choose which Keanu we want more, rather then say give us one a month!
    I feel like there is a 100% chance one of the gets delayed

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    I feel like there is a 100% chance one of the gets delayed

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Or Hollywood doubles down and gives us Bill and Ted 3 as well