Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1324

Thread: The Netflix Thread

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    It's really tasty though.
    See now, to ME, the idea was that we SHOULD eat them, DESPITE their uneven flavor.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Just finished watching Cowboy Bebop and here's my wrap up... if they would have ten episodes like the series and then a stand alone movie picking up the cookie crumbs dropped throughout... I think more people would have connected with it.

It is a deeply weird show for someone to casually drop in on to try and enjoy; and if sucks we're not getting a S2... but now my partner does want to watch the anime series, so... that's nice. It needed breathing room...

Overall, I did enjoy it and the casting was quite good in terms of matching character physical traits.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Finished watching "Don't Look Up".

I mean... it's the end of the world (and not with the funny ha-ha, more like the funny oh no). Overall, decent but a lot of people won't like it.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I enjoyed Don't Look Up, but really inside just kinda of cringing as to how accurate it is. The satire is just too close to home.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    dont look up was good. but it was depressing.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    I watched “The Harder They Fall” because I love westerns (old or new if they’re done right) and I enjoy Idris Elba but man did I not care for that movie. I felt nothing for any of the characters and didn’t like most of what I was watching. Oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Just finished watching "137 Shots"... a bit of a tough watch I have to say. And it should be. Since I can't seem to find a YouTube trailer for it... it deals with Cleveland and their "policing". It's all kinds of fucked up.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

This sounds like a hilarious concept. Guests include Annie Murphy, Conan O'Brien, Kumail Nanjiani, Ken Jeong, Marshawn Lynch, and Sharon Stone.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Marshawn Lynch
    Sesame Street had a song about this!

I remember back when The Drew Carey Show was on and we had the East and West coast ABC feeds on DirecTV so we could watch both of the live episodes. Improv in a show setting can be pretty good so I'll definitely check it out.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    He's a pretty funny guy. I could see him being good in this.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

not bad.
    after finishing the season: yes bad.

Couldn't get myself to care about the way they resolved the stories. I liked the first half, it was fine, but then it was just...off somehow for part two. I mean it was perfectly serviceable for continuing the story setup in part one but there were too many things that happened with zero repercussions and no payoff. Spoiler: Heaven was destroyed ffs. apparently not a big deal outside of a casual mention?!

Part 3 could be interesting but it's got to win me back over.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Just finished watching Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus (after binging the series on DVD; so many one liners re-imbedded in my brainmeats now) and if you are a fan of the series, it does well. It was the same sort of broken the series does. I could even see them doing another one (given the nature of the series, plot resolutions aren't exactly a thing to be worried about).

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    https://www.theverge.com/2022/1/14/2...ll-plans-hd-4k

Honestly, Netflix just isn't worth it. If anything they should have lowered their prices. HBO Max is worth $15. Netflix is trying to charge $0.50 more for their analogous plan. Netflix is about half as good and I hope people leave in droves out of principle. They won't but they should.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burnmotherfucker! View Post
    https://www.theverge.com/2022/1/14/2...ll-plans-hd-4k

Honestly, Netflix just isn't worth it. If anything they should have lowered their prices. HBO Max is worth $15. Netflix is trying to charge $0.50 more for their analogous plan. Netflix is about half as good and I hope people leave in droves out of principle. They won't but they should.
    Agreeded, I hardly use Netflix anymore, lots of tv shows and movies made for their service and that's it.

HBO Max and Disney Plus actually have catalog titles I want to watch (and good new series too).

I might have to cancel, for the second time.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Agreeded, I hardly use Netflix anymore, lots of tv shows and movies made for their service and that's it.

HBO Max and Disney Plus actually have catalog titles I want to watch (and good new series too).

I might have to cancel, for the second time.
    This past year I've just been subscribing to a single streaming service a month. I don't have all that much time to watch stuff anyways and with the massive amount of streaming services out there staying subscribed just doesn't make sense. I subbed to Netflix for one month out of the whole year to watch a couple things and I spent the rest of the month regretting it because they have almost nothing at all I want to watch. Disney isn't my thing either but when I tried their service at least it was only a few bucks and they do have an enormous amount of content. Not to mention if you have kids I'm sure its a must have.

It's actually kinda crazy to me that the most expensive service I paid for (HBO MAX) is the only one that always makes me feel like I'm getting my money's worth out of it. I got a HULU deal for like $2 a month to watch It's Always Sunny and other than that it's even worse than Netflix, though the ads color my opinion as I can't stand ads.

I don't have anything against Netflix, they used to be the best but I can't really see myself subbing to them very much in the future. If things continue on this course with all the different services I think we are at the end of the golden age of streaming. It'll all just fragment and be cable 2.0 in the end. Contrast that with the music industry. Spotify is great for a music fan.

The only hope is that eventually many of these services fail and there are only a few left standing.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Oh. My. God.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    A few episodes in, and this feels promising. Spooky and promising. I hope that it keeps up what it is doing well, and sticks the landing. God forbid it ends with something incredibly stupid like aliens.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Oh. My. God.

Looks great. Not a fan of that Devil redesign, though. He's halfway between normal and final form, and he's scrawny. Everyone else looks almost dead-on.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Watched this...

...and while I had heard of this via conman via a podcast years ago, watching this with the new info was wild.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mfte View Post
    A few episodes in, and this feels promising. Spooky and promising. I hope that it keeps up what it is doing well, and sticks the landing. God forbid it ends with something incredibly stupid like aliens.

I got a bit of Rosemary's Baby/Prince of Darkness vibes from it at times. Genuine creepy moments.

Overall though, it lost me midway through the series. I made it through. I rate it a 6 out of 10.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    I got a bit of Rosemary's Baby/Prince of Darkness vibes from it at times. Genuine creepy moments.

Overall though, it lost me midway through the series. I made it through. I rate it a 6 out of 10.
    Damn, that's rough to.hear.

I've seen three stunning episodes, and was hoping.it kept.up.the same quality.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Damn, that's rough to.hear.

I've seen three stunning episodes, and was hoping.it kept.up.the same quality.
    My parents enjoyed it more than me, so you may enjoy it more than me too! I think I'm a bit jaded at this point with horror.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I don't know if it's a spoiler or not to watch the trailer but the whole reason I want to watch the movie now is in the trailer. I can't say anything about it that isn't exactly that to make you want to watch it. Well, I guess I can say "hey kids, do you like horror? monsters? violence? then have I got the film for you."

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post

That's a fair rating. I thought it was pretty solid until the last 1 or 2 episodes. It didn't stick the landing but many shows often don't. I really enjoyed the scene at the séance. It felt like total David Lynch.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

I'll watch this...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post

This sounds like a hilarious concept. Guests include Annie Murphy, Conan O'Brien, Kumail Nanjiani, Ken Jeong, Marshawn Lynch, and Sharon Stone.
    I had a long response written to this, it was kind of brilliant, but then I hit a formatting button and it all disappeared. sigh. The gist of it was that it was more fun to watch the people make Will laugh than the actual plot of the show/series was. And this actually hurt the non-comedians (and Ken) because Conan and Kumail were both taking shots at Will so much. There was one moment where it was just Will holding onto the bridge of his nose for like five seconds trying to get composed and that was funnier than whatever it was that Kumail was doing.

Also the line where Will says he's going to pretend to be a Pakistani uncle and Kumail says, sure, ok, but don't be racist. And the other guy's just like, "oh, right, let's see this" and they say 'don't be racist' three or four times...oh man. Just, like, don't be Apu! and then Will just puts on an English accent instead and kind of kills it anyway. Great bit.

Watched this. If you have any idea who Charlie Brooker is outside of his Black Mirror show you will know going in that this is a wild ride of satire. If you don't, well.

I honestly don't know how she's able to roll through the various lines that Charlie's had her say over the past decade. From Weekly Wipe to Cunk on Britain to Death to 2020/2021 and the upcoming Cunk on Earth, she's just a brilliant straight face. No idea how she does it. I was watching a short interview with her and she was acting normal and I couldn't handle it, she was laughing and emoting and it was just a lot. lol

Just another clip from Death to 2020 so you can see what they're shooting at.

so many comments about how "I didn't know this was a parody"
    Last edited by allegate; 02-09-2022 at 03:44 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Just finished She-Ra and the Princesses of Power, and I HATE that it’s over. I could live in this world for another 5 seasons, and am team Catradora until the day I die.

This show has bought so much joy to me.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Finally watched this... it is silly. Looking forward to a S2.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)