Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1065

Thread: The Netflix Thread

  1. #1051
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    1,319
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I have a theory that there is a prank going on, where you have to convince your friends that Money Heist is a good show. There is no other explanation to why its so popular. This is some of the dumbest shit I've ever seen, and I loved Prison Break, so I am no stranger to origamis and dumb cops. But this is something else. Blind snipers, most stereotypical dumb female lead, dumbest male lead, character building through random chats about childhood, and a whole lotta empty threats. Seriously, if you want to watch a show about meaningless threats, watch this one. Usually, if you see a mexican standoff, you're like "oooooohhhh shiiiiiiiiiiiit". In this show? If it didn't happen at least twice then it's a miracle.

    I'm nearly finished with season 2, but holy shit, it is beyond me how can people think this is a good show. It's very funny, it's entertaining, but the same way Sharknado is. The best description I read about this is that it's a high budget telenovella. Strip away the budget and all you have are a couple of people who are constantly arguing with eachother and switching personalities three times during an episode.

    Here's my guide to the series: if you ever find yourself wondering if someone will die or at least come through with their threats, then the answer is no.

  2. #1052
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,146
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Prison Break was bad. It's was like Dexter - it started off really good, then it's ending was totally terrible.

    I liked Money Heist, but it was definitely drawn out too long.

  3. #1053
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    5,008
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Prison Break was, by definition, a one season show. You break out, you're done. MAYBE season two is about getting revenge on the people who wrongly put your brother there, but that's it. You certainly don't break back in!

    Please note I did not watch the show, I just went to wikipedia to refresh my memory of what I gleaned from the commercials while it was airing. Also it went for five seasons? that is way too many seasons.

    I have heard a lot of people - famous people - talk about Money Heist. Is it like a weird Ring thing where if you convince someone else to watch it you don't die in seven days?

  4. #1054
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    5,008
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)


    I was slightly interested in this after the first trailer so I read the comics. They were alright, though the second volume ended with "see you in 2019!" and...well. Anyway, after reading the books and prequels I am significantly less interested in the series but I figured hey let's see this powers video. I read a few comments because almost immediately I'm like "who's Petra?" and the comments all talk about Elena and her super coke and sure enough when she comes on at 1:12 it's like wow ok she's excited about something.

    I'm going to wait and see what reviews say because so far it looks like Netflix spent a lot of money on something and they don't have the rights to the two things that Millar did that were accidentally good.
    Two of Millarworld’s best-known comics, “Kick-Ass” and “Kingsman,” are not part of the deal, whose terms Netflix did not disclose.
    I read once, but can't find again, that one term was that he can't write sequels to either of those stories since they don't have rights to them. that's effed up.

  5. #1055
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    3,990
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    If you're angry about Netflix not renewing Mystery Science Theater 3000, well, here is your chance to stick it to them. Hurry up, because you have less than 30 hours left to help make season 13 a reality on Kickstarter! If they can raise $5.5 million dollars, they will make a brand new 12 episode season. MST3K fans must hurry and back this! They're currently at just over $5.1 million with around 29 hours to go. It's so frigging close! We got then up to a 9 episode season, but help get them all the way. Even Joel will return to host a show if they can make their goal. The Kickstarter ends on Friday, May 7th, 2021 at 11:00PM EDT.

    If you don't care about physical items, and just want to be able to stream & download the new season, there is an $85 all digital tier. Plus there are lots cool add ons. For instance, I paid an extra $15 for 18 random classic episodes as bonus downloads. Pledge as low as $5 just to help and show support. There are some awesome high tier options as well. Check them out.

    But the clock is ticking...

    Let's Make More MST3K & Build The Gizmoplex!

    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../makemoremst3k
    Last edited by neorev; 05-06-2021 at 04:26 PM.

  6. #1056
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    10,381
    Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    @neorev i pledged on day 1. was originally gonna do the $75 + the $70 add-on for the blu-ray box set but i upped my main pledge to $100 today (even though i shouldn't have). I AM SO EXCITED. and i love that they're doing episodes with jonah AND emily and that joel is even gonna do one. don't love the gizmoplex model/subscription service thing in theory but i guess we'll see how it turns out!

  7. #1057
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    3,990
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    @neorev i pledged on day 1. was originally gonna do the $75 + the $70 add-on for the blu-ray box set but i upped my main pledge to $100 today (even though i shouldn't have). I AM SO EXCITED. and i love that they're doing episodes with jonah AND emily and that joel is even gonna do one. don't love the gizmoplex model/subscription service thing in theory but i guess we'll see how it turns out!
    Nice!
    Currently at $5,360,082 with 23 hours to go!!!

    Joel will host 2 episodes at $5.5 million too. I loved Jonah and the new Netflix cast. Glad to see them back.
    Last edited by neorev; 05-06-2021 at 10:02 PM.

  8. #1058
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    10,381
    Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Nice!
    Currently at $5,360,082 with 23 hours to go!!!

    Joel will host 2 episodes at $5.5 million too. I loved Jonah and the new Netflix cast. Glad to see them back.
    did you see the live tour when joel & jonah riffed together? the stop here was absolutely incredible, especially during The Brain. really wish they had filmed those and released them.

  9. #1059
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    3,990
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    did you see the live tour when joel & jonah riffed together? the stop here was absolutely incredible, especially during The Brain. really wish they had filmed those and released them.
    Sadly, no. I wish I went to that!

    Currently at $5,420,708 with 21 hours to go. Oh, we doing this! Man, I think we may have a chance to hit the $5.8 mill mark and get that special secret bonus at this rate.

  10. #1060
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    5,008
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)


    wow. holy shit. I did not know about this particular aspect of Millar and now I'm even less inclined to watch this show or anything else from him. wowowow.

  11. #1061
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    3,990
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Watched MST3K: The Return Of The Final Countdown live telethon and #MakeMoreMST3K burned the barn down!!! All stretch goals reached. They beat their main goal of $5.5 million by over $1 million. Now we're getting 13 episodes instead of 12, which includes a 3D Halloween special episode and now a holiday special episode! All backers are getting free 3D glasses for the Halloween episode. 36,579 backers pledged $6,518,832!!!! The final totals keep going up as Kickstarter catches up.

    "It's a barn burner!"
    Last edited by neorev; 05-07-2021 at 10:14 PM.

  12. #1062
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    10,381
    Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post


    wow. holy shit. I did not know about this particular aspect of Millar and now I'm even less inclined to watch this show or anything else from him. wowowow.
    tweet didn't show up (just put the numbers after "status/" in the coding, not the whole URL). also it's from a private account so i can't even see it haha.

    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Watched MST3K: The Return Of The Final Countdown live telethon and #MakeMoreMST3K burned the barn down!!! All stretch goals reached. They beat their main goal of $5.5 million by over $1 million. Now we're getting 13 episodes instead of 12, which includes a 3D Halloween special episode and now a holiday special episode! All backers are getting free 3D glasses for the Halloween episode. 36,579 backers pledged $6,518,832!!!! The final totals keep going up as Kickstarter catches up.

    "It's a barn burner!"
    i'm sad i wasn't able to watch it last night (but i was hanging out with a new friend for over 7 hours so it was worth missing). so glad they hit such a freakin' high mark. i can't wait for more mst3k!!!

  13. #1063
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    5,008
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    I mean I guess he got a lot of shit posting this on the #jupiterslegacy thread on twitter?


  14. #1064
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Posts
    7,206
    Mentioned
    512 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Prison Break was bad. It's was like Dexter - it started off really good, then it's ending was totally terrible.
    .
    Yeah, but Dexter was fucking great. So you got several incredible seasons, and then a few hours where they didn't quite know how to end it.

  15. #1065
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Posts
    7,206
    Mentioned
    512 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I mean I guess he got a lot of shit posting this on the #jupiterslegacy thread on twitter?
    so we're clear, this Millar: he made a pedo comic, and now he's saying like, what's ultimately sort of antisemitic right wing conspiracy shit on Twitter?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions