Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1320

Thread: The Netflix Thread

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Prison Break was, by definition, a one season show. You break out, you're done. MAYBE season two is about getting revenge on the people who wrongly put your brother there, but that's it. You certainly don't break back in!

Please note I did not watch the show, I just went to wikipedia to refresh my memory of what I gleaned from the commercials while it was airing. Also it went for five seasons? that is way too many seasons.

I have heard a lot of people - famous people - talk about Money Heist. Is it like a weird Ring thing where if you convince someone else to watch it you don't die in seven days?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I was slightly interested in this after the first trailer so I read the comics. They were alright, though the second volume ended with "see you in 2019!" and...well. Anyway, after reading the books and prequels I am significantly less interested in the series but I figured hey let's see this powers video. I read a few comments because almost immediately I'm like "who's Petra?" and the comments all talk about Elena and her super coke and sure enough when she comes on at 1:12 it's like wow ok she's excited about something.

I'm going to wait and see what reviews say because so far it looks like Netflix spent a lot of money on something and they don't have the rights to the two things that Millar did that were accidentally good.
    Two of Millarworld’s best-known comics, “Kick-Ass” and “Kingsman,” are not part of the deal, whose terms Netflix did not disclose.
    I read once, but can't find again, that one term was that he can't write sequels to either of those stories since they don't have rights to them. that's effed up.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    If you're angry about Netflix not renewing Mystery Science Theater 3000, well, here is your chance to stick it to them. Hurry up, because you have less than 30 hours left to help make season 13 a reality on Kickstarter! If they can raise $5.5 million dollars, they will make a brand new 12 episode season. MST3K fans must hurry and back this! They're currently at just over $5.1 million with around 29 hours to go. It's so frigging close! We got then up to a 9 episode season, but help get them all the way. Even Joel will return to host a show if they can make their goal. The Kickstarter ends on Friday, May 7th, 2021 at 11:00PM EDT.

If you don't care about physical items, and just want to be able to stream & download the new season, there is an $85 all digital tier. Plus there are lots cool add ons. For instance, I paid an extra $15 for 18 random classic episodes as bonus downloads. Pledge as low as $5 just to help and show support. There are some awesome high tier options as well. Check them out.

But the clock is ticking...

Let's Make More MST3K & Build The Gizmoplex!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../makemoremst3k
    Last edited by neorev; 05-06-2021 at 04:26 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    @neorev i pledged on day 1. was originally gonna do the $75 + the $70 add-on for the blu-ray box set but i upped my main pledge to $100 today (even though i shouldn't have). I AM SO EXCITED. and i love that they're doing episodes with jonah AND emily and that joel is even gonna do one. don't love the gizmoplex model/subscription service thing in theory but i guess we'll see how it turns out!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    @neorev i pledged on day 1. was originally gonna do the $75 + the $70 add-on for the blu-ray box set but i upped my main pledge to $100 today (even though i shouldn't have). I AM SO EXCITED. and i love that they're doing episodes with jonah AND emily and that joel is even gonna do one. don't love the gizmoplex model/subscription service thing in theory but i guess we'll see how it turns out!
    Nice!
    Currently at $5,360,082 with 23 hours to go!!!

Joel will host 2 episodes at $5.5 million too. I loved Jonah and the new Netflix cast. Glad to see them back.
    Last edited by neorev; 05-06-2021 at 10:02 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Nice!
    Currently at $5,360,082 with 23 hours to go!!!

Joel will host 2 episodes at $5.5 million too. I loved Jonah and the new Netflix cast. Glad to see them back.
    did you see the live tour when joel & jonah riffed together? the stop here was absolutely incredible, especially during The Brain. really wish they had filmed those and released them.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    did you see the live tour when joel & jonah riffed together? the stop here was absolutely incredible, especially during The Brain. really wish they had filmed those and released them.
    Sadly, no. I wish I went to that!

Currently at $5,420,708 with 21 hours to go. Oh, we doing this! Man, I think we may have a chance to hit the $5.8 mill mark and get that special secret bonus at this rate.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

wow. holy shit. I did not know about this particular aspect of Millar and now I'm even less inclined to watch this show or anything else from him. wowowow.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Watched MST3K: The Return Of The Final Countdown live telethon and #MakeMoreMST3K burned the barn down!!! All stretch goals reached. They beat their main goal of $5.5 million by over $1 million. Now we're getting 13 episodes instead of 12, which includes a 3D Halloween special episode and now a holiday special episode! All backers are getting free 3D glasses for the Halloween episode. 36,579 backers pledged $6,518,832!!!! The final totals keep going up as Kickstarter catches up.

"It's a barn burner!"
    Last edited by neorev; 05-07-2021 at 10:14 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

wow. holy shit. I did not know about this particular aspect of Millar and now I'm even less inclined to watch this show or anything else from him. wowowow.
    tweet didn't show up (just put the numbers after "status/" in the coding, not the whole URL). also it's from a private account so i can't even see it haha.

Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Watched MST3K: The Return Of The Final Countdown live telethon and #MakeMoreMST3K burned the barn down!!! All stretch goals reached. They beat their main goal of $5.5 million by over $1 million. Now we're getting 13 episodes instead of 12, which includes a 3D Halloween special episode and now a holiday special episode! All backers are getting free 3D glasses for the Halloween episode. 36,579 backers pledged $6,518,832!!!! The final totals keep going up as Kickstarter catches up.

"It's a barn burner!"
    i'm sad i wasn't able to watch it last night (but i was hanging out with a new friend for over 7 hours so it was worth missing). so glad they hit such a freakin' high mark. i can't wait for more mst3k!!!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I mean I guess he got a lot of shit posting this on the #jupiterslegacy thread on twitter?

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Prison Break was bad. It's was like Dexter - it started off really good, then it's ending was totally terrible.
    Yeah, but Dexter was fucking great. So you got several incredible seasons, and then a few hours where they didn't quite know how to end it.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I mean I guess he got a lot of shit posting this on the #jupiterslegacy thread on twitter?
    so we're clear, this Millar: he made a pedo comic, and now he's saying like, what's ultimately sort of antisemitic right wing conspiracy shit on Twitter?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Army Of The Dead Pixels

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I can't wait to show this to my history-buff son.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    there are so many toys featured in that trailer, it's pretty awesome.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    there are so many toys featured in that trailer, it's pretty awesome.
    As I mentioned to my beloved while we were watching it... "...well, if you ever wanted to sell some toys, this will do it.", "Especially for nostalgia." she added.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I already bought one of these and would buy more if they're this good looking:

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

wtaf.

edit:

Last edited by allegate; 06-25-2021 at 01:40 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    wow that trailer has style to spare. cannot wait to see if the film can maintain that energy.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Anyone check out Manifest? Just watched the first 3 episodes last night

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Well damn... Hopefully this isn't Stadia all over again with whatever they do with this announcement. I have so many questions lol...

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    That sounds interesting.... does that mean we may have to purchase a new controller?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Well damn... Hopefully this isn't Stadia all over again with whatever they do with this announcement. I have so many questions lol...

Pretty sure this is going to be more stuff in the same vein as Black Mirror: Bandersnatch, Minecraft: Story Mode, You vs. Wild, etc.

Interactive, choose-your-own adventure stuff. Y'all remember Philips CD-i?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Pretty sure this is going to be more stuff in the same vein as Black Mirror: Bandersnatch, Minecraft: Story Mode, You vs. Wild, etc.

Interactive, choose-your-own adventure stuff. Y'all remember Philips CD-i?
    Agreed. I still have my CD-i .

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

...yet

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Just watched the first episode of “Masters of the Universe: Revelation” … I liked it and definitely will finish watching it.

I still maintain that it would be a great way to sell toys based on the animation style of the vehicles. It makes me smile.