Thread: The Netflix Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Sturgill Simpson's newest album, Sound & Fury, dropped last Friday, along with a Netflix anime film of the same name. Pretty good, both the album and the film. BTW, there's a post-credits sequence.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Findus View Post
    Sturgill Simpson's newest album, Sound & Fury, dropped last Friday, along with a Netflix anime film of the same name. Pretty good, both the album and the film. BTW, there's a post-credits sequence.
    Watched this last night. Wow. I love the album but the visuals are a treat. So many threads (no pun intended) that I saw and that was just on the first go-through, can't wait to watch it again.

Not sure why it got the MA rating, but I'm not looking at it from a puritanical perspective.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Watched this last night. Wow. I love the album but the visuals are a treat. So many threads (no pun intended) that I saw and that was just on the first go-through, can't wait to watch it again.

Not sure why it got the MA rating, but I'm not looking at it from a puritanical perspective.
    Here's Sturgill talking about the formation of the film. This is just a small clip from a 2.5 hour Joe Rogan episode (#1356) with Sturgill and his band. He's been a guest quite a few times on the show.
    I've already watched the film a couple of times, and will watch again soon. That album was recorded in 2017, but the film took some time to produce and release..... so, hopefully another new album is close to being released..... unless he wants to animate that one as well, which I would not be opposed to.

Oh.... I started Daybreak last night. So far, so good.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Findus View Post
    Here's Sturgill talking about the formation of the film. This is just a small clip from a 2.5 hour Joe Rogan episode (#1356) with Sturgill and his band. He's been a guest quite a few times on the show.
    I've already watched the film a couple of times, and will watch again soon. That album was recorded in 2017, but the film took some time to produce and release..... so, hopefully another new album is close to being released..... unless he wants to animate that one as well, which I would not be opposed to.

Oh.... I started Daybreak last night. So far, so good.
    I got second row tickets for Sturgill on a presale. I have a feeling this is going to be an epic show. Wouldn't be surprised if he did the whole new record. I like this guy. Glad he didn't get sucked up into the Nashville machine.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

The lyrics alone were probably enough. Throw in some anime tiddies, sword decapitations, head-vaporizing gunshots, general war imagery, and smoking. Spooky, evil stuff.