Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33

Thread: The Netflix Thread

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I read the graphic novel in anticipation. It's amazingly similar to a book I read about six years ago but I like the premise. I wish the book was less about them and their secret - especially for a first story - and was more about what they do and how they do it. Especially since the second book, which I just started and have only gotten one story in, is basically the same damn thing.
    Greg Rucka wrote the comics and then also wrote the screenplay, so he kept alot of things intact from his source material.

Nice to see his stuff translate to more $ucce$$ on the big screen now after his first attempt in Whiteout was a debacle. He deserves it.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Yeah, his interview with Marc Benardin and Kevin Smith on Fatman Beyond is pretty good. He's got some great ideas.

Having read some of his Star Wars stuff, he does not have good ideas there. Unless I am somehow strategically missing the good ones?

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Watched it last night. Having read the book first the changes they made confused me. But it was still a really good movie. There were some editing choices made that were weird, like one where it was pretty clear the random thug and Charlize were standing off-frame waiting for the camera pan to do their move because it was begun in such a stilted manner. But that's just the pedant in me coming out.

Once it was over I read the second book and all goodwill is gone. He wrote it during/after the filming of the movie that he wrote and there are changes that incorporate the movie version of the story and also totally ignore it. Not going into details/spoilers but I'm let down by where the story went and how it ended to set up the third book.

It's like Highlander to Highlander 2 if only for A) the practically immortal characters and B) how dumb the sequel is.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Just watched the first episode of that new Transformers series... I like the style of it.