Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Thread: The Netflix Thread

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    I guess I'm just too impatient for DARK... while I liked it the music really freaks me out and makes me feel uneasy and even as a native speaker I have a hard time to keep track of all things. I actually tried to do some research online with how everything is connected, but that made me even more confused. I will defintiely wait till the third and final circle is finished and then give it another try in one go.

Another major bonus point for that series is that it's not your typical German a- or b-list actors. Lots of new faces which makes the whole thing way more enjoyable for me.
    hehe the music is my favorite part, but i already loved Ben Frost. i understand what you mean, though. my dad couldn't watch Annihilation because of the music, it made him way too uneasy. my mom had to finish it without him.

one of the things that might help is making your own chart of what's going on. do a family tree and an event timeline once you start figuring things out. i'm able to do stuff like that in my head, thankfully, and don't need paper, but it definitely helped me keep track of things to visualize a set of notes.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I've been catching up on Disenchantment. It was a real slow starter for me, but lately I've been really enjoying it. I'm glad that there's supposed to be a third season. Not sure how long they'll really be able to run this one, but I think 20 episodes wasn't going to cut it.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I get the general conceit of the show, but are we supposed to not like some of the townspeople in Schitt's Creek? Because Bob sometimes seems less of a bumbling idiot than an actual idiot. Specifically the episodes in the first half of S2 in the garage.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I get the general conceit of the show, but are we supposed to not like some of the townspeople in Schitt's Creek? Because Bob sometimes seems less of a bumbling idiot than an actual idiot. Specifically the episodes in the first half of S2 in the garage.
    i find bob and his completely ridiculous lack of understanding to be hilarious and charming, but that's just me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I can see that certainly because it was like that right up until the point where he just seemed to straight ignore everything Johnny said about how he wasn't an employee and then the bagel shop episode. I mean the episode where he's supposed to be taking minutes but can't type was great, especially as a person who has to take minutes from time to time.

to be fair to the show I'm more than a little depressed and am taking a lot of things at face value instead of nuances.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Didn't know whether to post this in Anime or Netflix, but i'll go here for now. Evangelion (which has now been exclusive on Netflix for a year) has had some MASSIVE news. When it came to Netflix there was a massive resurgence thanks to the fact the DVD''s have been out of print for a decade...and that's about to change. Anime Limited, a UK based anime licence company, announced yesterday (on my birthday!) that they have acquired the rights to the BLU-RAY of the show and the 2 movies that are on Netflix, due out next year. This'll be the first BLU-RAY of these in the west EVER, and whilst it's UK only most DVD/consoles are region free now, so we finally have the chance to own it again...before they eventually disappear from Netflix some day. No word yet on whether it'll be the Netflix dub or the original dub.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Didn't know whether to post this in Anime or Netflix, but i'll go here for now. Evangelion (which has now been exclusive on Netflix for a year) has had some MASSIVE news. When it came to Netflix there was a massive resurgence thanks to the fact the DVD''s have been out of print for a decade...and that's about to change. Anime Limited, a UK based anime licence company, announced yesterday (on my birthday!) that they have acquired the rights to the BLU-RAY of the show and the 2 movies that are on Netflix, due out next year. This'll be the first BLU-RAY of these in the west EVER, and whilst it's UK only most DVD/consoles are region free now, so we finally have the chance to own it again...before they eventually disappear from Netflix some day. No word yet on whether it'll be the Netflix dub or the original dub.
    How about the Japanese voice tracks? Do we know if they'll be on it?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    How about the Japanese voice tracks? Do we know if they'll be on it?
    There's no word as of yet, i'd imagine they are sorting out the details of the language tracks and what versions/what will be included extra. Having said that it is an Ultimate Edition, and just going by their other Ultimate Editions i'd be amazed if it didn't include both...also expect it to be pricey (between £120-200 depend on what comes with it) Also some of their other UE's have had multiple English tracks, like Escaflowne, that had Japanese and the old 90's track and the newer re-dub, so chances are we might get everything!

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...n-2021/.160100
    Last edited by Haysey_Draws; 05-31-2020 at 04:19 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

is on Netflix now. Didn't even know a season was put out last year. It's the only one available on Netflix at the moment. Catching up.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Caught up on Snowpiercer. Is it as well-directed and acted as the original movie? No. Does it match the movie's dark humor, grandeur and brutality? No. But it's still entertaining. I'm still bummed that the plot revolves around a murder mystery, as it feels like one long police-procedural episode. I wish they will go towards a different direction on Season 2. The series feels a bit cheap, despite the nice production design; maybe it's the abundance of close-ups. And, yes, it's full of plot holes, but, then again, so was the movie. I like the dirty cinematography and aesthetic. John Grillo (who was one of the DOPs on Westworld) shot this; looks like another rare example of a series shot on film. There's a scene in episode 3 with lots of darkness and flashing lights where you can still make out tons of detail. Also, as a clipping. fan, I'm so glad to see Daveed Diggs get more acting gigs (hey, that rhymes). He's great as the lead, and his performance is perhaps the only thing that comes close to the movie's wit and grit.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Counting the days to Dark season 3

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Caught up on Snowpiercer.
    It has Sting’s daughter in it! (Mickey Sumner)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Counting the days to Dark season 3
    sarah needed a break after we finished season 1 and immediately watched the first episode of season 2. finally watched episode 2 last night and i couldn't get her to watch another one right away. she's turning into my dad haha

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Just started Black Sunday (I think that's what it's called, the zombie show). Two episodes in and I'm enjoying it. I normally hate zombie shit and I loathe TWD, but this is working so far. Love the way it's filmed and edited.

Honestly just watching this to bide my time until DARK.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Watched the first 2 episodes of the new Unsolved Mysteries and it's really good.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    Watched the first 2 episodes of the new Unsolved Mysteries and it's really good.
    i miss the narration, though. his voice was always so soothing.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i miss the narration, though. his voice was always so soothing.
    True, but I like that he still appears in the intro, also like how they just tweaked the theme song. We finished the episodes last night, some very crazy stories.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    True, but I like that he still appears in the intro, also like how they just tweaked the theme song. We finished the episodes last night, some very crazy stories.
    Have you checked out Haunted on Netflix?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Have you checked out Haunted on Netflix?
    I have not. Apparently I had it in my list but never watched it. I take it it's worth it?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    did i black out? i don't remember seeing him in the intro at all. unless he's just not in the first episode? that's all we've watched so far. speaking of which, my wife listens to the Crime Junkie podcast and they covered the same case. apparently the episode of UM left out some important details...

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    did i black out? i don't remember seeing him in the intro at all. unless he's just not in the first episode? that's all we've watched so far. speaking of which, my wife listens to the Crime Junkie podcast and they covered the same case. apparently the episode of UM left out some important details...
    He shows up as a (Force) ghost in the intro sequence.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Ha. He appears right before "Unsolved Mysteries" pops up on the screen. It looks like it's a pic from back when the show originally aired, it's only onscreen for a second or two.

What kind of stuff did the first episode leave out if you don't mind elaborating? That shit was crazy the way it was told in the show.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Ha. He appears right before "Unsolved Mysteries" pops up on the screen. It looks like it's a pic from back when the show originally aired, it's only onscreen for a second or two.

What kind of stuff did the first episode leave out if you don't mind elaborating? That shit was crazy the way it was told in the show.
    my wife seems to remember from the podcast episode that, not only was the roof's security camera not working, but all of the cameras, including the ones in the nightclub that was on the top floor (which they didn't mention) seem to have time missing. when they went to review the footage, there was a jump that the security folks couldn't explain. which really seems to me like a cover-up, combined with the gag order from the firm for which he worked. shit's crazy.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    LOVED the Walter Mercado documentary that went up during the week.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    We watched The Old Guard last night and it was pretty good!

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    We watched The Old Guard last night and it was pretty good!

I just did the same! It's got its plot holes, but I enjoyed it from start to finish!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I read the graphic novel in anticipation. It's amazingly similar to a book I read about six years ago but I like the premise. I wish the book was less about them and their secret - especially for a first story - and was more about what they do and how they do it. Especially since the second book, which I just started and have only gotten one story in, is basically the same damn thing.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I read the graphic novel in anticipation. It's amazingly similar to a book I read about six years ago but I like the premise. I wish the book was less about them and their secret - especially for a first story - and was more about what they do and how they do it. Especially since the second book, which I just started and have only gotten one story in, is basically the same damn thing.
    Greg Rucka wrote the comics and then also wrote the screenplay, so he kept alot of things intact from his source material.

Nice to see his stuff translate to more $ucce$$ on the big screen now after his first attempt in Whiteout was a debacle. He deserves it.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Yeah, his interview with Marc Benardin and Kevin Smith on Fatman Beyond is pretty good. He's got some great ideas.

Having read some of his Star Wars stuff, he does not have good ideas there. Unless I am somehow strategically missing the good ones?