Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32

Thread: The Netflix Thread

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    I guess I'm just too impatient for DARK... while I liked it the music really freaks me out and makes me feel uneasy and even as a native speaker I have a hard time to keep track of all things. I actually tried to do some research online with how everything is connected, but that made me even more confused. I will defintiely wait till the third and final circle is finished and then give it another try in one go.

Another major bonus point for that series is that it's not your typical German a- or b-list actors. Lots of new faces which makes the whole thing way more enjoyable for me.

Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    I guess I'm just too impatient for DARK... while I liked it the music really freaks me out and makes me feel uneasy and even as a native speaker I have a hard time to keep track of all things. I actually tried to do some research online with how everything is connected, but that made me even more confused. I will defintiely wait till the third and final circle is finished and then give it another try in one go.

Another major bonus point for that series is that it's not your typical German a- or b-list actors. Lots of new faces which makes the whole thing way more enjoyable for me.
    hehe the music is my favorite part, but i already loved Ben Frost. i understand what you mean, though. my dad couldn't watch Annihilation because of the music, it made him way too uneasy. my mom had to finish it without him.

one of the things that might help is making your own chart of what's going on. do a family tree and an event timeline once you start figuring things out. i'm able to do stuff like that in my head, thankfully, and don't need paper, but it definitely helped me keep track of things to visualize a set of notes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Netflix "Into the Night"

It is a six episodes long Netflix show based on a story by Polish writer Jacek Dukaj "The Death of an Axolotl". If you have read the story you may want to hear a warning that so far the show has almost nothing in common with it but there are indications of the next seasons incoming.
    What is the premise? Something has gone very wrong with the polarization of the sun and the sunrise kills every human being in an instant. We follow a group of characters who are on a plane and they run...into the night. I don't want to spoil anymore. I have seen mixed feelings about it online but I really enjoyed it. I think it is an interesting concept, great music and just very enjoyable watch.

-----------------------------------------
    I work for Datastical

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    I've been catching up on Disenchantment. It was a real slow starter for me, but lately I've been really enjoying it. I'm glad that there's supposed to be a third season. Not sure how long they'll really be able to run this one, but I think 20 episodes wasn't going to cut it.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I get the general conceit of the show, but are we supposed to not like some of the townspeople in Schitt's Creek? Because Bob sometimes seems less of a bumbling idiot than an actual idiot. Specifically the episodes in the first half of S2 in the garage.

Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I get the general conceit of the show, but are we supposed to not like some of the townspeople in Schitt's Creek? Because Bob sometimes seems less of a bumbling idiot than an actual idiot. Specifically the episodes in the first half of S2 in the garage.
    i find bob and his completely ridiculous lack of understanding to be hilarious and charming, but that's just me \_(ツ)_/

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I can see that certainly because it was like that right up until the point where he just seemed to straight ignore everything Johnny said about how he wasn't an employee and then the bagel shop episode. I mean the episode where he's supposed to be taking minutes but can't type was great, especially as a person who has to take minutes from time to time.

to be fair to the show I'm more than a little depressed and am taking a lot of things at face value instead of nuances.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)