Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread: The Netflix Thread

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Check this out @ItsChrisRoss
    Girl says she watches the office constantly, and that this song is vaguely about her addiction to it, and, it has samples from the show

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    "Stranger Things returns July 4 to a warm reception from critics for its new season. The first reviews out propelled the season 3 to Certified Fresh status within the day on Sunday, in one of the fastest designations in Rotten Tomatoes’ history."
    https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com...first-reviews/

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    First shots of Henry Cavill from the video game adaptation of 'The Witcher'.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    First shots of Henry Cavill from the video game adaptation of 'The Witcher'.
    I just can't get behind Cavill for the look of Geralt. Cavill is very typically handsome, for lack of a better word. Very "clean", so to speak. Geralt (in the games at least) has a more seedy, rugged look and much more angular features. Anyway, maybe it'll just take some getting used to. As long as he can sell the role.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Check this out @ItsChrisRoss
    Girl says she watches the office constantly, and that this song is vaguely about her addiction to it, and, it has samples from the show
    Finally got around to listening to this after a long weekend haha. I hear the samples but had to look up lyrics, and the one that stood out to me was this one:

"I'm really, really sorry
    I think I was just relieved to see that Michael Scarn got his confidence back
    Yeah, Michael, that movie is amazing
    It's like, one of the best movies I've ever seen in my life

haha who knew! There is an interview where Rainn Wilson interviews her because he hears she is the biggest office fan ever, and he repeatedly calls her William Eilish. Its pretty funny.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    Finally got around to listening to this after a long weekend haha. I hear the samples but had to look up lyrics, and the one that stood out to me was this one:

"I'm really, really sorry
    I think I was just relieved to see that Michael Scarn got his confidence back
    Yeah, Michael, that movie is amazing
    It's like, one of the best movies I've ever seen in my life

haha who knew! There is an interview where Rainn Wilson interviews her because he hears she is the biggest office fan ever, and he repeatedly calls her William Eilish. Its pretty funny.
    boys don't cry, william.

Ha, yeah, that's actually how I discovered Billie eilish

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    wow, When They See Us is incredible...

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    on episode 5. very good so far, IMHO. PS: i'm a luddite & can't get. picture to show. talking about "Stranger Things 3"

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    On episode 3 with Stranger Things and while I seem to be enjoying it, it doesn't really feel like Stranger Things to me. Is it the budget? Did they change something that I can only grasp subconciously? I don't know, but I'm excited where this is going...

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    @dlb There’s a lot more color in season 3. It’s more light hearted and fun as well.

I ran through it yesterday and I loved it mostly. It’s a lot better than season 2. Robin is fucking cool. I wanted to set Lucas’ little sister on fire (which I think is intended for that character). Will’s trajectory has always hit me hard (a sick kid that has to keep dealing with the after effects, being awkward, etc). Max is great. Mike is still kind of a dick but he’s a teenager. I don’t quite understand why they’re still calling Jane “El.” Cary Elwes has a fun little role. It’s really good although I didn’t fully grasp the ending I am interested in where they go with it.

Spoiler: I do not believe Hopper is dead. I think some version of him will emerge from The Upside Down next season.
    Last edited by Swykk; 07-05-2019 at 07:16 AM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I’m two episodes in and I’m not really feeling it. Hopefully that changes as I progress.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    ST3 Spoiler: Dustin and Suzie singing The Neverending Story theme song is now one of my favorite moments of television ever. Both my girlfriend and I were laughing and crying at the same time.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Stranger Things has absolutely shit itself. I dont get how anyone can still really like it.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Two episodes left and there is a lot to like, but yeah... while it somehow flows better than season 2 and is more interesting it's way too playfull at times. What about those James Bond-like Russians? Is that supposed to be funny? The whole thing has become way too unreal for me... kudos though for the Terminator references and zombie-flick aesthetics. Hopper is the most memorable character for me right now, but even he is a bit too over-the-top at times. I miss the mystery element this time around, the dark and brooding atmosphere. I get the feeling that the higher budget didn't really help at all.

And while I don't want to give her shit, I find Millie Bobby Brown to be one of the most annoying actresses out there right now. I really can't stand her in interviews and her naive portrayal in this season really bugs me. Sorry... guess it has to do with her age and level of fame, so I will shut up, but still... she throws me off big time.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Finished with season 3. I really enjoyed it, but I also kind of think it should just bow out there. I mean....

Spoiler: Hopper is dead, Eleven has lost her powers (temporarily, I'm sure), families are moving apart...aside from the fact that the gate is still cracked open, they all but put a giant "The End" sign on this at the end of the last episode. But the Duffer Brothers are on record as saying it's been written as a four season thing, and Netflix is already talking about maaaaaaybe a season five.

So here's the thing: Season 1 was pure magic for me. I loved the aesthetics of it. I loved the suspense. I loved how it was just "here's a big scary monster to look at" right out of the gate. The season was just so....creepy. And it was so new. Seasons 2 and 3 were both good, but they both felt much more direct and much more "we're just adding more of the same" - which took away from what made the first season so appealing to me. So at this point, while I certainly wouldn't turn my nose up at more episodes, I feel like I would be satisfied with calling it where it lies.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    thought the season was pretty bad.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I just finished episode 4. I liked the prior season but also felt season 1 was sufficient enough without needing more seasons or episodes. The mystery and darkness is gone.

Trekking along season 3 more...

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Wife and I are 5 episodes in and honestly it’s not bad but it’s so much like the other seasons it’s nothing new to me anymore. I think Mikes character kind of sucks now, and they all look a little old to be dressing how they are (save for the girls). I like Steve’s character and Billy is entertaining to watch. Wish they would have brought something new to this season, a new location, a new threat, a new premise? I’m not hating it but I’m disappointed with how much like the first two seasons it is. And why can’t Jane/Eleven still not talk in full sentences?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Season picked up after episode 4, but I feel I am just constantly watching the same thing over and over again. How many times will these characters run into a house with one gun and everyone back to back in a circle? I still adore the nostalgic feel the show brings and it doesn't have to lean on that; that mall was very well done, along with the special effects.

Max's character well.... Had absolutely no character this season, along with Will having literally like 4 different lines the entire season. Robin was a breath of fresh air for me, along with Steve.. And I honestly kept forgetting that Jonathan and Nancy were even in the show at times. It feels as if these characters learned absolutely nothing from what they went through the first 2 seasons and that is frustrating. I seem to be in that extremely small minority that actually loved the sister episode in season 2 since it really expanded the universe and could have in an interesting way instead of getting the tropey, Russian villains (Which I understand it isn't supposed to be taken that seriously since every movie back then had Russians as the enemy).

I will admit I cried like a baby when El read Hoppers heart to heart.. Wasn't ready for that one.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 07-07-2019 at 03:19 PM.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    i thought season 3 was fine. better than most of what is on tv. & the monster was disgusting!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I loved the sister episode in season 2, it was my favorite part of the series so far. It reminded me of mid 80's X-Men with punk rock Storm, or something like the New Mutants from the 80's. I was hoping it would expand the universe and play a major role in season 3. Wasn't even mentioned. If there's no sister in season 4, it'd be a major fail.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I feel like part of what it's trying to hit is the 80s summer movie vibe, with the pool and bright colors and such.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i really liked the season as a whole. i think there was a lot of character development, i think it was crafted & paced well, and holy shit i want to go to that mall!

Spoiler: i think that the people who got "dusted" by the reactor actually got transported through the upside-down. i think the "american" in the cell at the end (who we don't see) is hopper. but i also think that the show should end, and we should all forget that post-credits scene. oh, and people with "B" names have really bad luck on the show. barb, bob, billy...

p.s. there's a TON of great merch from hot topic right now, including hopper's magnum hawaiian button-up (in-store only right now) & dustin's camp know where backpack!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I felt they tried a bit too hard with humor this season, and that there was too much of it. I cringed (actually, shut it off) when they sang Neverending Story.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i really liked the season as a whole. i think there was a lot of character development, i think it was crafted & paced well, and holy shit i want to go to that mall!

Spoiler: i think that the people who got "dusted" by the reactor actually got transported through the upside-down. i think the "american" in the cell at the end (who we don't see) is hopper. but i also think that the show should end, and we should all forget that post-credits scene. oh, and people with "B" names have really bad luck on the show. barb, bob, billy...

p.s. there's a TON of great merch from hot topic right now, including hopper's magnum hawaiian button-up (in-store only right now) & dustin's camp know where backpack!
    oh, ALSO! Spoiler: murray is such a fucking fun character, alexi was a beautiful sweet baby who didn't deserve to die, and i would watch the joyce & hopper cop show forever.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Had a lot of fun with the third season. Really glad they never acknowledged that weird ass superhero episode in season 2. I would love to see one last final season I think. Doesn't need to be drawn out any longer than that, but there's enough loose ends to warrant a fourth season in a couple years when everyone is even older.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Stranger Things has absolutely shit itself. I dont get how anyone can still really like it.
    I hear ya.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    did anyone fancy a coke whilst watching?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    One of the best scenes this season for sure.

What I like about shows like this in particular is that I'm not familiar with a lot of things that seem to be common Amercian culture. Never knew about New Coke, never had a corn dog in my life and I'm not familiar with how the US celebrates the 4th of July (I know what it is though...) and some other things are just not common to me like the concept of a mall itself. Malls in Europe are way smaller and don't lend themselves to hanging around there . So I always like these glimpses in shows like this.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I loved this season, much better than season 2. The mind flayer was fucking terrifying. I do hope season 4 will be the last though, kids are going to start aging out of their roles and it's in real danger of getting repetitive.