Page 20 of 45 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: The Netflix Thread

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    The Ballad of Buster Scruggs was fantastic! I didn't have such high hopes as I thought Hail, Caesar! was one of the worst movies I've ever paid money to see in a theater. But I guess that was not a sign of things to come and the Coen Brothers are back on track.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Did I catch a reference to a riff from the This Island Earth MST3K movie in The Gauntlet episode for The Day Time Ended? Anyone else catch that?
    If you did, you're either really reaching or I'm just not observant. The only thing I could call even close was that both movies made a waffle joke when shit was getting all scienced and blown up.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    If you did, you're either really reaching or I'm just not observant. The only thing I could call even close was that both movies made a waffle joke when shit was getting all scienced and blown up.
    It's when the grandfather peaks into the airplane toward the end when he is zapped into some others world/dimension. The guys say something very similar in the exact voice as when the guy looks into the airplane that arrives in the fog in This Island Earth.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Interesting. Thx. I will give it a whirl.
    You really should buddy. I'm pretty sure you'll like it. It's nothing like the original. Much darker setup.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Interesting. Thx. I will give it a whirl.
    My girl and I started watching. The Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina is nothing like the original show. That was like a shitty Full House sitcom. This is much darker and more serious, but also with a dark sense of humor. Three episodes in and we are enjoying it.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Watched Sabrina over Halloween as it was just exactly what I needed to get into the mood. Love the look of the show yet I dislike some casting choices and here and there I think I'm not the focus groups. Some story strands are very much aimed at teens, yet it kept me entertained throughout and I liked some of the more severe horror elements. The teaser for season 02 looks also promising!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Yeah The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina is on my list. Looking to probably watch it during the holiday season when I have a small bit of time off of work.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Yeah The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina is on my list. Looking to probably watch it during the holiday season when I have a small bit of time off of work.
    Season 2 starts in April so that gives you some time to watch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I loved the hell out Sabrina. They didn't fuck around with this show much at all and it could be impressively dark at times.

But where the hell's my shit-talking black cat? I get that's just basically implied by being a cat in the same room as a human but was that not part of the comics or something?

Also, surprised and damn glad it's coming back so soon. Stoked to see where this all goes.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i can not stand the filter or whatever it is they put on the entirety of sabrina. it makes me feel woozy, especially every time there's a tracking shot. plus, i feel like they didn't balance the humor/horror well. they either needed to go further toward horror or lighten up a little bit so the comedy doesn't feel forced. i only made it through the first episode and don't think i'll be continuing. which is a bummer because i really like a lot of the actors on the show.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I'll def have to check Sabrina out soon as there's likely going to be a crossover with Riverdale which i have been keeping up with, the current season is certainly dark and culty.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    I'll def have to check Sabrina out soon as there's likely going to be a crossover with Riverdale which i have been keeping up with, the current season is certainly dark and culty.
    i love riverdale. i haven't watched any of the current season since i like to wait until it goes on netflix and i can binge it haha

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Just read an article saying SyFys 'Happy' is on Netflix today. Cant wait to get home from work to watch Christopher Meloni go crazy.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Been binging on "Hip Hop Evolution" (both seasons); enjoying it. Always nice to learn new things.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I started it today due to snow outside and this was posted a week ago for Part 2, which hits April 5th.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Springsteen on Broadway is pretty wonderful. Very funny in spots, very dramatic in others. The performance of Born in the USA as a heavy blues....chills

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Finished season 3 of Travelers. There'd better be another season, it's so damn good.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Netflix's Sabrina must be doing pretty damn good because we're getting Part 2 quite fast after Part 1,and now it seems Netflix is backing 16 more episodes split across Parts 3 and 4...

https://www.nme.com/news/tv/netflix-...d-four-2422691

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Netflix's Sabrina must be doing pretty damn good because we're getting Part 2 quite fast after Part 1,and now it seems Netflix is backing 16 more episodes split across Parts 3 and 4...

https://www.nme.com/news/tv/netflix-...d-four-2422691
    still don't understand how that weird filter doesn't bother more people. :: shrug ::

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    still don't understand how that weird filter doesn't bother more people. :: shrug ::
    I assume you mean the blurred focus sometimes? I don't care for it.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    She-Ra is lit

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    The Haunting of Hill House is AWESOME.

That is all.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The first ever ‘Black Mirror’ movie is coming this year
    https://www.nme.com/news/film/black-...etflix-2423496

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Gave the doc "Struggle: The Life and Lost Art of Szukalski" a viewing and it was really interesting. I highly recommend it to anyone who is into documentaries and surreal art.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I assume you mean the blurred focus sometimes? I don't care for it.
    I feel like it disappeared after the second episode? I'm on episode 4 and I haven't noticed it since 2 or 3.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    I feel like it disappeared after the second episode? I'm on episode 4 and I haven't noticed it since 2 or 3.
    good to know. i still wasn't LOVING the show, though. idunno, something about it felt off? the tone seemed unbalanced. like they either need to go further into horror or do better with the humor. maybe i'll give it another shot if it doesn't make me motion sick haha.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    good to know. i still wasn't LOVING the show, though. idunno, something about it felt off? the tone seemed unbalanced. like they either need to go further into horror or do better with the humor. maybe i'll give it another shot if it doesn't make me motion sick haha.
    My guess would be if the pilot or first few episodes still had a CW feel for it and they decided to 180 it since they were able to jump on Netflix and raise the rating around what they could get away with. I dunno. I'm sucked into it, but I'm also a sucker for Berlanti shows too.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    So, I stayed up until 1 this morning to watch Bandersnatch as soon as it dropped and holy CRAP is it awesome. The story had its flaws but the experience more than made up for it. I did not expect it to be that much fun.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Finally had a chance to watch Bird Box and I really loved it!