Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47
Results 1,381 to 1,393 of 1393

Thread: How fucked was your day?

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    i had a chemo session on tuesday. this particular cocktail, the after effects get worse as you go along. the first phase is ending. i call it the breaking bad phase. they od me on steroids & i'm up for a few days. now entering system purge. i feel like death....
    I have a friend going through that, it's not been any fun watching her. But the prognosis is good and I hope yours is as well.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I found out that I'm being fucked over by the company I have worked for the last seven years. I'm losing out on £3675 ($4,740) of redundancy pay because those assholes found a loophole.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    I found out that I'm being fucked over by the company I have worked for the last seven years. I'm losing out on £3675 ($4,740) of redundancy pay because those assholes found a loophole.
    it never fails to surprise me how eager people are to screw over the employees "below" them who actually make their company functional. i'm so sorry.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks. It really bites because I'm moving back to the states with no job lined up. Redundancy pay is UK law, so I thought I had this to help me float.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Been having back problems for years. Finally reached its peak. Only really an issue when I work (line cook).

So, finally, a doctor decided to take an xray. Turns out I have mild scoliosis after many years of thinking I didn't.

Not really angry about it. But I'm guessing I need to reevaluate my daily now life. Particularly, the weightlifting part.

Im looking for a new job though. No point staying somewhere that causes so much pain (literally and figuratively).

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Been having back problems for years. Finally reached its peak. Only really an issue when I work (line cook).

So, finally, a doctor decided to take an xray. Turns out I have mild scoliosis after many years of thinking I didn't.

Not really angry about it. But I'm guessing I need to reevaluate my daily now life. Particularly, the weightlifting part.

Im looking for a new job though. No point staying somewhere that causes so much pain (literally and figuratively).
    no fun. hope all goes well for you!

Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    I am in the middle of day 4 of a pointless fight with my fiancee. It's about nothing. Nothing. It's just a lot of crying and drama and bullshit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    it was nice. the fans were nice. i'm rooting for both teams. you cant take anything away from shaq and kobe, you just can't.

Mentioned
    784 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    It's just a lot of crying
    Hint: Then it’s not really about “nothing.” Validate validate validate.

Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    I had the worst (work related only; no bullshit politics involved) day at work today. To put it simply—I’m drowning in work responsibilities that I was not behind on (actually I was AHEAD) before today and now I’m not sure how I’m going to climb out of this mess.

Fuck.

Mentioned
    388 Post(s)
    we put so much effort into Halloween... it's my favorite holiday, and some friends from out of town, some other friends over that I hadn't seen in a long time... we set up all this meticulous lighting and props and jump scares... and then the power went out... so we hooked up a generator... and it fried my PS4.

I've finally got everything working again I think... two days later... and tonight I'm having Halloween for me, my fiancee, and my buddy who's visiting. If the fucking power goes out again tonight...

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    I've been reading Black Klansman and was reading it during lunch today at work. I finished eating and started walking back to my office when a black guy came up the stairs, looked towards me - and down at my book - and then kept on going. I didn't even notice until I was past him what happened, but I laughed about it. I debated going back and talking to him but I hate bad impressions even worse than bad opening conversation gambits so I went back and said hi. Talked for a bit about the book and the movie, had a few good laughs at the world and how fucked up it is right now, and then I left. It's still kind of funny but now I think I'll carry it around with something on top of it until I'm finished.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    My wife who has five years of experience working at a vet clinic, two bachelors degrees, and is halfway through a masters degree did not even get an interview into Texas A&M's vet school. It's so dumb. Like I understand that they really value academics and GPA, but because of that, they are screwing non-traditional students like my wife. A&M have spent the better part of the last five years doing everything they can to prevent Texas Tech from opening another vet school, though it seems that they're finally getting one but not for a couple years. If A&M didn't block Tech, there would have already been another vet school in texas. Oh well. Hopefully she gets into Colorado State once she's done with her masters there.