Page 66 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,980 of 2042

Thread: How fucked was your day?

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    @allegro, I swear when I think of the American health system I picture this:

1:20 mark

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Does an upper scope check out your pancreas too?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I turned 43 yesterday, not sure how much more fucked up it could get.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninedead View Post
    I turned 43 yesterday, not sure how much more fucked up it could get.
    Worse? You'll die and won't turn 44.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Does an upper scope check out your pancreas too?
    No, that's a CT scan. Hope your pancreas is okay, dude.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Ultrasound is scheduled for Monday.

It’s been a rough 5 weeks.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Ultrasound is scheduled for Monday.

It’s been a rough 5 weeks.
    Ugh. Ultrasound at least is non-invasive. I hope you feel better, soon. And that it's nothing serious.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    We went to a wedding yesterday (yeah, on a Thursday, smh) and everything was going fine for the most part until the end. Towards the end of the night, I'm sitting at our table talking to one of our friends and the priest who officiated the wedding (and is also the groom's father) randomly came up to me and asked me to dance. At first I was like "What?" and he asked again, "Do you want to dance?" I had never felt so awkward and felt like I couldn't say no to priest, he's still wearing his collar and everything, so I gave in and said ok. We walk to the dance floor (and thank god it was a fast song, not a slow song) and we start dancing with space in-between us - and the whole time he's just looking me up and down. Up and down. Up and down. As soon as the song was over, I said thank you and immediately ran back to my table.
    I have never felt so uncomfortable.
    And I didn't understand - why ME? There were plenty of younger, blonde, SINGLE women at the wedding. I had never met this man before, but just felt obliged because he was a priest. I went home crying.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    That's so fucking creepy... And the way you describe it, makes me think that guy knows exactly what he's doing. I'm so sorry you had to go through this.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Wait … the priest was the groom’s father? A Catholic priest has a kid?

Maybe he’s a Protestant minister and is wearing a clerical collar?

If something like this ever happens again: You can always say “no” to anyone religious.

Just say, “no thank you, it’s against my religion.”

The guy sounds like a creep, though. Yuck. Sorry that happened.
    Last edited by allegro; 08-12-2022 at 11:48 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    ugh, so sorry you had to go through that.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    We went to a wedding yesterday (yeah, on a Thursday, smh)
    Just wanted to make sure you understood that my "like" was more of a "fuck that bullshit" sorta thing than anything... wish I could give you a hug is what that "like" meant.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Thanks everyone.

Now I tested positive for Covid from this stupid wedding. Ugh!

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    sometimes days just aren't great. Today I'm gonna keep working on my new album, which, as of today, I want to rename... I don't even know what to call it... but I hope it causes car accidents and everyone who dies deserves it, and I hope strippers dance on poles to it, and it makes the world just a little bit brighter.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I mentioned earlier how I just went to the hospital, and "yay!" I'm not dealing with anything unfixable apparently... but man... I don't think I had quite processed how horrifying that ambulance ride was until just about now. Flipping in and out of consciousness, my muscles were barely working... thinking I was dying... this very empathetic guy talking to me to keep me calm while I was having maybe the worst panic attack of my life...

That experience actually really sucked... and though I'm feeling physically a lot better, I still feel like I need to keep calm and breathe and... man, I dunno. The universe is being a little cruel to me lately.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I mentioned earlier how I just went to the hospital, and "yay!" I'm not dealing with anything unfixable apparently... but man... I don't think I had quite processed how horrifying that ambulance ride was until just about now. Flipping in and out of consciousness, my muscles were barely working... thinking I was dying... this very empathetic guy talking to me to keep me calm while I was having maybe the worst panic attack of my life...

That experience actually really sucked... and though I'm feeling physically a lot better, I still feel like I need to keep calm and breathe and... man, I dunno. The universe is being a little cruel to me lately.
    Know what you mean. A little over a year ago I woke up one day feeling really bad & it kept getting worse. I finally gave in & called 911. Fire department showed up pretty fast & called an ambulance. We got about 3 blocks from my house & the ambulance guys didn't like what they were seeing on the readouts & stopped. Called the fire department to get a Medic 1 unit. Transferred me in the middle of the street. Got the full on sirens & lights treatment. Turned out I had a freak heart attack caused by some mystery (at the time) internal bleeding. I was in the hospital for 5 days. I can cross that ride off the bucket list, don't care to repeat it. One good thing about COVID is I had a private room, haha.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I'd be shitting my pants. I freak out when I don't know what's going on.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    well, today has been off to an interesting start. Woke up completely covered in blood, my face looked like Nicolas Cage from Mandy, or Carrie walking out of the prom. Like some intense horror shit, with my bed sheets and pillows splattered with blood. After getting in the shower and bleeding into the drain for about 30 minutes or so, I realized I had a deep gash in my head, that someone I'd gotten in my sleep. No pain there, but what a way to wake up.

Hopefully I won't need stitches. I hate stitches.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    well, today has been off to an interesting start. Woke up completely covered in blood, my face looked like Nicolas Cage from Mandy, or Carrie walking out of the prom. Like some intense horror shit, with my bed sheets and pillows splattered with blood. After getting in the shower and bleeding into the drain for about 30 minutes or so, I realized I had a deep gash in my head, that someone I'd gotten in my sleep. No pain there, but what a way to wake up.

What the fuck. Holy shit, man. Jeez. Hope you're okay.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

What in the world? How the fuck did that happen?

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I think what happened was, there's this headboard in my bed, and I must have thrashed in my sleep or something and gashed it against this broken bit of it. Was just so fucked up... guess I should be glad it wasn't an inch or two lower or I would have lost an eye. And it's healed up it seems, looks a little gnarly but oh well, maybe I'll get a scar. Just was... wow... when I went to check myself out in the mirror I fucking screamed in horror when I saw what I looked like. Everything soaked in blood, like blood in my eyes... it was insane.... and then just in the shower waiting for it to stop bleeding was crazy, it felt like it would never stop

And this blood wasn't just on my face, my entire chest was covered in blood. I don't get how I could sleep through that

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I think what happened was, there's this headboard in my bed, and I must have thrashed in my sleep or something and gashed it against this broken bit of it. Was just so fucked up... guess I should be glad it wasn't an inch or two lower or I would have lost an eye. And it's healed up it seems, looks a little gnarly but oh well, maybe I'll get a scar. Just was... wow... when I went to check myself out in the mirror I fucking screamed in horror when I saw what I looked like. Everything soaked in blood, like blood in my eyes... it was insane.... and then just in the shower waiting for it to stop bleeding was crazy, it felt like it would never stop

And this blood wasn't just on my face, my entire chest was covered in blood. I don't get how I could sleep through that
    Head wounds bleed a shit ton, even when they're just superficial. I experienced that at a Dillinger Escape Plan show once when Ben Weinman tomahawked me with his guitar.

Perhaps you should cover up that sharp, broken part of your headboard!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

It’s too late, now, but for future reference (I was certified by the Red Cross in First Aid, twice):

Never add running water to a bleeding wound. It just increases bleeding; it doesn’t stop it.

Add PRESSURE to a bleeding wound. Use something clean, like a washcloth or gauze, and apply steady, constant, direct pressure, for at least 15 minutes. If there’s something like glass stuck IN the wound, apply pressure AROUND it until you can get yourself to an emergency facility.

As was mentioned, head wounds are often superficial but they can bleed a LOT. My Mom became adept at applying “butterfly” bandages to head wounds when we were kids during emergency situations, because we were maniac daredevils. My brother cracked his head open while we were trapped in one of the worst snow storms in Midwest history. I have a scar on my chin from doing hockey stops on figure skates; bled like CRAZY but I refused to get stitches; Mom’s butterfly bandages worked just fine. My brother almost severed 4 of his fingers carving a pumpkin when my Mom went downstairs to get the laundry: THAT required stitches!!!

I assume it’s no longer bleeding, but you’ll want to keep an eye on it for infection.

Edit: Re stitches: If it’s no longer bleeding, and as long as it doesn’t start bleeding AGAIN, you don’t need stitches. If it starts bleeding again, apply direct pressure (see above). If that doesn’t work, or if the gash is so deep that it’s gone deeper than superficial skin? You need stitches. Because it won’t stay together. Or, if it gets infected and pus comes out.

Oh and never use peroxide for anything except cleaning the blood out of your bedding.
    Last edited by allegro; 09-29-2022 at 12:49 AM.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    a friend has told me that apparently dousing your bloody laundry in milk pulls the stains out. Meh, I'll try it

I mean, I've had head stitches before, when I was a kid. I was filling my dog's water bowl, which was under this railing, and suddenly a black widow spider crawled out and I whacked my head upwards away from it, cracking my skull. Totally sucked, and that needed stitches.

And yeah, I was just on the way to get some butterfly bandages... I mean, this wound doesn't look as bad as it actually is... if it pulls apart it's gonna suck really bad, and I can already feel that the scab is not keeping it together
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-28-2022 at 07:31 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    a friend has told me that apparently dousing your bloody laundry in milk pulls the stains out. Meh, I'll try it

I mean, I've had head stitches before, when I was a kid. I was filling my dog's water bowl, which was under this railing, and suddenly a black widow spider crawled out and I whacked my head upwards away from it, cracking me my skull. Totally sucked, and that needed stitches.

And yeah, I was just on the way to get some butterfly bandages... I mean, this wound doesn't look as bad as it actually is... if it pulls apart it's gonna suck really bad, and I can already feel that the scab is not keeping it together
    Don’t be afraid to get stitches. They inject it with pain killer. My Mom had to get 10 stitches in her chin when she tripped and did a swan dive in the parking lot at Bed Bath & Beyond and she didn’t even flinch, and she’s THE biggest baby on the planet.

Peroxide those sheets for blood, it’s what hospitals use.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Damn, dude. Like, damn. Rest up and take care of yourself. Heal up!

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post
    Damn, dude. Like, damn. Rest up and take care of yourself. Heal up!
    Yeah, lol, I just went to the grocery store and the checkout clerk was like "how are you doing tonight sir.... holy shit what happened to your face?!"
    It wasn't hurting earlier but now it is. Going to be hard to sleep tonight, but hey, at least I wont mutilate myself in my sleep then

But seriously wtf... it's been like months of bullshit. There's a lot of personal stuff I don't really wanna share on a public forum, but it just feels like this is like "haha,, and now your face is fucked up"

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Kick back, have a nice cup of tea or two, hang out and be groovy.

Hanging out and being groovy is a crucial part of life.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    it's just so fucked up... if I close my eyes too hard it hurts, if i make any expression with my face that involves my forehead, it sucks, but my leg is messed up too, so walking hurts, and then my leg will suddenly fuck me up and I'll squint in response and then that will suck... so I've just been lying in bed and even that sucks. And earlier the head wound didn't hurt but now it totally does. On top of all these Kratom withdrawals this totally totally sucks.

I've found myself stretching my forehead apart so that I won't crease my brow or anything. This fucking suuuuuuuuuucks

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Yeah, lol, I just went to the grocery store and the checkout clerk was like "how are you doing tonight sir.... holy shit what happened to your face?!"
    Okay I laughed way harder at this than I should have, sorry.

Dude! If you’re scaring grocery clerks, it’s a sure sign you require medical attention.