Page 42 of 69 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 2042

Thread: How fucked was your day?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Probably more for a "getting older" thread but search says nada.

I work on bicycles in my garage. Usually when I'm cleaning gears or whatever I sit on the ground, kind of hunched over. I have a seat and a little table but for some reason I just gravitate towards sitting on the concrete. Anyway, last week I was sitting and I felt a twinge in my leg, kind of like when a tendon gets caught and goes *twang*, but I wasn't moving anything so I just thought that was weird. I stand up a little while later and my left cheek and the backside of my leg are numb. Whatevs, it's what happens when your leg goes to sleep so I didn't think anything of it.

Well, it's been numb ever since and it's a little freaky to have half my leg numb all the time. I've been using the seat ever since and when I play Lego with my son I sit on my knees instead because whatever nerve I pinched, I don't want to make it worse.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    a little over a month ago, i got my oil changed, and my mechanic patched holes in each of my back tires because there was a screw in each one.

a couple weeks ago, i went to get in my car to drive my friend and i to my parents' for band practice (we were playing a show the next night) and the back right tire was completely flat, because there was a (new) nail in it. thankfully, my mom is the best, came to pick us up (and drove us home later). i took the car in the next morning to a reputable auto place near my apartment and got it patched for only $15.

last wednesday, after i dropped my wife off at therapy, my low pressure sensor came on, because one of the two patches was leaking on the back right tire, which i found out by taking it in to the dealership that i was thankfully two blocks from at the time. they told me they couldn't repair the patch, and replacing just the one tire wouldn't be good as i was in need of four new tires & an alignment. they quoted me $740 for the tires and $190 for the alignment, money i absolutely don't have right now, so i asked them to just refill the tire. i picked my wife up from therapy, we drove to my parents' house, i put all my work shit into my mom's car, and then we came home. my mom brought in my car to our mechanic the next day, who replaced all four tires & got them aligned for only $545 total.

i got sick this weekend, and so only made it to riot fest on saturday despite having a three-day pass. i rallied a little bit last night and was going to drive down to pick my wife up so she wouldn't have to take the bus home, but my car wouldn't start because the battery was dead from not driving it since thursday night, so i had to have AAA come out and give me a jump. i needed to charge the battery so i drove partway down and my wife got off the bus by a wendy's. we got in the line for the drive-through so she could get some dinner, and waited for over five minutes while nothing happened, so i went inside and had to order her food from a touchscreen kiosk. it took over 10 minutes because everything there seemed to be going wrong. i got so stressed out that i started feeling sick again.

i woke up this morning with a 101° fever and had to call out of work.

it's been a rough couple of weeks.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Ah shit @eversonpoe . Hang in there. I hope you feel better.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    *hugs* everson! Nothing really at all compared to the sounds of how your week has been, but Saturday was pretty trying on my patience as well. My partner's brother flew up from Tennessee to take our extra car (sounds luxurious but it's not, it was basically a POS car that was only used to take the dogs places). He just moved there a few months ago, and his jeep died on him and left him stranded last week. We offered the car to him before he left even, but he declined. He finally broke down and took us up on our offer. Just as he was leaving our place to make the 10-hour drive back, we noticed the rear right tire was flat. So we had to get the dummy on that and get it in to the shop right away. Of course, all 4 of them needed to be replaced too. That ended up delaying him a few hours. On the bright side, it's probably best that all of that didn't happen when he was already en route back to Tennessee..

Monday is also here in full force, as I had to go off on adult children co-workers that were literally screaming at one another at 8AM. Sadly, that's nothing new but I can usually drown that out and ignore it. Today it actually caused me to get distracted and miss rolling a commercial break on time. I just don't know why workplace etiquette is so hard for people.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    my fiancé and I have been dealing with some crazy insane shit... so maybe this isn't the right place to say this, but we're out of the bullshit, and fuck yeah, and fuck all y'all motherfuckers. We're an unstoppable force or something.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    That sucks @Jinsai and @eversonpoe . Hope you’re both coming out the other side of what you’re going through.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    ...that odd moment when you discover that you may not have a digital or physical copy of the first album you put a ton of work into, and just wonder in some "touche" sort of way that they'll have a rip-able copy; something we can have.

nothing is real anymore.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-18-2018 at 03:38 AM.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    yesterday was monumentally fucked. still wrecked from last week at work, been doing double duty covering for a sthick friend (1 of the few at work, more on this later). so, get to work yesterday faced with another overload at work. got in an argument with an idiot manager. fortunately wasn't my manager, who backed me up. america, inc is so messed up. no one wants to be accountable for anything leaving their messes for the people who actually work to clean up. btw, i work as a ghost in the machine for 1 of the great corporate satans. think aerospace & the military industrial complex. 1 of the biggest. so i fight through the day getting close to the end when i get the news that my friend i had been covering for died sunday night. about my age. there's a message there somewhere. so i say fuck all, get up & leave without talking to anyone aside from IM to my manager that i had to leave. friend's death is hitting hard. to cap it off, my seahawks looked extremely shitty on monday night football. can't sleep, dreading today at work.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    a little over a month ago, i got my oil changed, and my mechanic patched holes in each of my back tires because there was a screw in each one.

a couple weeks ago, i went to get in my car to drive my friend and i to my parents' for band practice (we were playing a show the next night) and the back right tire was completely flat, because there was a (new) nail in it. thankfully, my mom is the best, came to pick us up (and drove us home later). i took the car in the next morning to a reputable auto place near my apartment and got it patched for only $15.

last wednesday, after i dropped my wife off at therapy, my low pressure sensor came on, because one of the two patches was leaking on the back right tire, which i found out by taking it in to the dealership that i was thankfully two blocks from at the time. they told me they couldn't repair the patch, and replacing just the one tire wouldn't be good as i was in need of four new tires & an alignment. they quoted me $740 for the tires and $190 for the alignment, money i absolutely don't have right now, so i asked them to just refill the tire. i picked my wife up from therapy, we drove to my parents' house, i put all my work shit into my mom's car, and then we came home. my mom brought in my car to our mechanic the next day, who replaced all four tires & got them aligned for only $545 total.

i got sick this weekend, and so only made it to riot fest on saturday despite having a three-day pass. i rallied a little bit last night and was going to drive down to pick my wife up so she wouldn't have to take the bus home, but my car wouldn't start because the battery was dead from not driving it since thursday night, so i had to have AAA come out and give me a jump. i needed to charge the battery so i drove partway down and my wife got off the bus by a wendy's. we got in the line for the drive-through so she could get some dinner, and waited for over five minutes while nothing happened, so i went inside and had to order her food from a touchscreen kiosk. it took over 10 minutes because everything there seemed to be going wrong. i got so stressed out that i started feeling sick again.

i woke up this morning with a 101° fever and had to call out of work.

it's been a rough couple of weeks.
    so, i still have a fever today, so i could only work a half day, and i had to spend $200 to get my car battery replaced. just keeps gettin' better.

@chuckrh so sorry to hear all that, dude. hope things get better.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Looking more and more like I have an ulcer. Hoping to get it confirmed one way or another soon. I’ve been good with my diet so I imagine it’s stress given the last year I’ve had.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Man. So this guy ran a red light and my wife broadsided his car about two weeks ago. We got the car into the shop last Friday and didn't think it was that big of a deal since the car didn't look too bad but today they give us the news: It's totaled. So his insurance said they can either give us a check for 8k or give us the car plus a check for 6.5k (8k minus salvage value of the car). Either way we're out a car. So now the question is do we sue the driver or just let the 8k be a down payment to another car. We have a witness who saw it all - which is why his insurance is paying - but do we just take the money? We have another vehicle but man.

Guess it's a good thing I have that job that's so close to home now.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Man. So this guy ran a red light and my wife broadsided his car about two weeks ago. We got the car into the shop last Friday and didn't think it was that big of a deal since the car didn't look too bad but today they give us the news: It's totaled. So his insurance said they can either give us a check for 8k or give us the car plus a check for 6.5k (8k minus salvage value of the car). Either way we're out a car. So now the question is do we sue the driver or just let the 8k be a down payment to another car. We have a witness who saw it all - which is why his insurance is paying - but do we just take the money? We have another vehicle but man.

Guess it's a good thing I have that job that's so close to home now.
    Wow, I experienced almost this exact same scenario just this summer, albeit with slightly different accident details. On mine, the guy got impatient while waiting in traffic and thought he could squeeze past me by going into the bike lane (??!) and he ended up hitting the front right side of my car. And just like you, my car honestly didn't look that bad, so I was absolutely shocked when the shop said they were totalling it. Apparently it was the airbag going off that brought the repair cost up so high, cause those cost a fortune to replace given that they often end up having to replace the entire steering wheel system with it. And just like you, my car was valued at 8K too. I myself just went ahead and took the money and bought a new car. I thought about doing the salvage thing, but I don't know, I just didn't want to deal with that shit. It really did suck though, because I only had maybe a year and a half left on my car loan. I was looking forward to having that paid off and hopefully going for many years without having a car loan payment, just taking real good care of my car and making last as long as I could. Now that got set back by several years with my new car, since I went with a slightly newer and more expensive car.

Couldn't you guys just take the 8K and buy a very similar car to the one you had? You might even be able to buy the same model and year for that price if you look around. If the insurance company is treating you right, the adjuster is supposed to be evaluating the car based on what that exact car (right down to the smallest features) is going for in your local market.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    We bought the car outright in 2010 and it was supposed to be one that we could drive the tires off of so we're kind of bummed. The two previous cars were used and they both had issues so that's why we bought this one - it was a great deal, new, and something we researched the heck out of.

We are doing the salvage thing and the insurance even paid for that so it's not a terrible deal. The car isn't in such bad shape that it's not fixable, it's just that the frame buckled in such a way that it's expensive to fix - they have to take the engine out. Lots of man hours, not so much on parts.

Just stressful because we were also starting to plan a trip back to England and saving money for that.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    looks like my wife is having a third miscarriage in six months... pretty tough

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post

I'm really sorry to hear this. I wouldn't know what that feels like but I am sending well wishes your way.

/ I need to get my own place since my brother won't move out at this point. Him and his kids have been living with me since he had a divorce. It's been over a year now. Now his girlfriend also stays here. It's too much.
    Last edited by ton; 10-03-2018 at 04:30 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    so, i've been having a rough couple weeks (not even considering all the shit i recently went through with my car), have been feeling emotionally miserable for days, and then finally felt better today when i completed my Control4 certification (in nearly record time, before anyone else in the class, with a 99.5%). while i was driving home, a pedestrian ran in front of the taxi in front of me, so he slammed on his brakes, as did i, but not quick enough.

so, my car is in the shop, i have no idea how badly it's damaged because i don't know shit about cars, but i know it was leaking engine coolant and what seemed like transmission fluid. my back feels even more fucked up than usual. i feel like i'm going to fall apart emotionally. no idea what to do.

oh, fuck, dude. i'm so sorry.
    Last edited by eversonpoe; 10-04-2018 at 06:37 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well my ex gf is going to be married
    And now I understand I always was the 2nd, she always was with him at the same time, she was with me...

I'm anger, really anger but I won't be broken
    This time, will be different....

The best revenge is to live on and prove yourself

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    hang in there. prayers for your family.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    So sorry, @aggroculture . Hugs to both of you.

Lost the most important being in my life 17 days ago. It's an effort to keep breathing.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    So sad :-( I hope it works out okay.

@Baphomette , my deepest sympathy to you.

Loss is hard, but they stay with us in spirit to make us stronger.
    Last edited by allegro; 10-08-2018 at 01:19 PM.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    I have come to the conclusion (not recently) that the universe often times needs to rebalance itself. Meaning, if things are going very badly, often times good things will start to happen and things will start to look up. But, simultaneously, if things are looking too good for too long, the universe will need to create balance once again and really FUCK SHIT UP.

This is how my job has been going. These past three weeks have been very hard for me, and it seems like each and every day, I am living Murphy's Law. Quite literally, whatever can go wrong, does go wrong. I dont understand how so many things can go wrong all at the same time. It literally feels unreal, and although I am not surprised, I have a hard time believing that this is all happening.

I dont have time, nor do I want to go into too much detail, but I really am having a hard time staying positive. I just dont know how. I feel like the world has beaten me down and every time I think its letting up, something else happens.

I could really use some reassurance that everything will even out, be alright, and correct itself, but I just dont see it happening.

How do you all stay positive in the face of a constant shit storm?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I feel like I've been studying the wrong stuff for the last 10 years. My parents pressured me into doing it and since I couldn't find a job that would let me study on the side and I was sick of having fights every single day, I went along with it. Today, it feels like I've wasted the most beautiful time of my life on something that didn't get me close to a job and being able to leave home.

Also, stay strong everyone. Good things will come, it's just the way it is.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maul View Post
    I feel like I've been studying the wrong stuff for the last 10 years. My parents pressured me into doing it and since I couldn't find a job that would let me study on the side and I was sick of having fights every single day, I went along with it. Today, it feels like I've wasted the most beautiful time of my life on something that didn't get me close to a job and being able to leave home.
    What did you study?

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post
    So sorry, @aggroculture. Hugs to both of you.

Lost the most important being in my life 17 days ago. It's an effort to keep breathing.
    I am very sorry for your loss. Sending hugs.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    How do you guys deal with anxiety?

I'm about to turn 30, and I've never really had anxiety until the last year or so. It's a little frightening. I had a really bad attack a few weeks ago (my worst by far – hopefully it doesn't happen like that again), and I'm having a mild one now. Sometimes I draw. Tonight, I've been writing and binge-watching TV. It kind of helps, but there's still the lingering feeling of self-loathing and wanting to die.

Big love to all y'all in this thread. Whoever needs to hear it: you're loved and you're needed, I promise.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    How do you guys deal with anxiety?

I'm about to turn 30, and I've never really had anxiety until the last year or so. It's a little frightening. I had a really bad attack a few weeks ago (my worst by far – hopefully it doesn't happen like that again), and I'm having a mild one now. Sometimes I draw. Tonight, I've been writing and binge-watching TV. It kind of helps, but there's still the lingering feeling of self-loathing and wanting to die.

Big love to all y'all in this thread. Whoever needs to hear it: you're loved and you're needed, I promise.
    Panic attacks are the fucking worst. First and foremost: if you don't have one already, get a prescription for Xanax. Literally just HAVING that bottle is often a huge help in coming down from a panic attack for me, and I often end up not even taking a pill. It just calms me down knowing that I have them ready if needed. And if you've got even a remotely decent health plan, it's pretty cheap (30 .25mg pills are a few bucks for me and generally lasts over a year).

Otherwise...sometimes it's a change of environment that helps. If I'm outside, I try to get inside. If I'm inside, I try to get outside. Wherever I am though, I try to make it someplace that feels familiar, and thus, comforting. Tie it all together with some herbal tea and deep breathing, and my heart rate is usually back to normal before too long.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    I could really use some positive reinforcement. I am having a really hard time at work. It started about two months ago where quite literally everything that can go wrong has gone wrong.

I keep thinking that its almost over, that things will get better, but they continue on the path they are on and nothing is changing. I keep telling myself to just wait out this rough time, that things will eventually get better but they dont seem to be and I dont know what to do.

I continue to try to come up with explanations on why I am having such a hard time, or rather, why my luck has been so poor lately but I just dont know. Maybe its a test. I just know that I cant continue to have things keep going the way they are.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    @Deadpool , I'm with @theimage13 . Xanax is what works for me.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Panic attacks are a fun new adventure in my 30s. I *think* because the antidepressant that I have been on the last few years, which has been a literal lifesaver for me, has the side effect of increased anxiety. Fucking sucks, man. But I'll take panic attacks over wanting to die all the time, I think. I don't care for Xanax and all those downers, because then I just feel horrible for a couple of days. But I know that it is helpful for a lot of folks.

I just cry a lot.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

How fucked was your day?

For anxiety, I’ve been working on yoga and meditation and I think after almost 2 years of doing it, it’s finally helping. I haven’t had a full panic attack in about a year and a half. I almost had one a few weeks ago but I was able to stop it with breathing. I just count and breathe. Breath in 1 2345678 hold 1234 breathe out 123456. This has worked for he multiple times.

I do not think I’m cured and I do not think this is a solution for everyone but it is certainly helping me at the moment. I do vinyasa yoga 5 times a week and try to meditate every morning. I have all the same problems I had before yoga but now they seem less overwhelming and more manageable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk