Page 50 of 69 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 2042

Thread: How fucked was your day?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Biked into work (always a bit of a shit-show during rush hour, and it was raining too). Opened my email. Read that the city has issued a lockdown that closes down my workplace again for at least another three weeks. Cried at my desk. Now about to bike home.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    @eversonpoe @Magnetic

I meant to thank you both for the commiserations. Now that I'm back here, I do so.

And regretfully it has happened again.

Our big shaggy black cat Nims....had feline herpesvirus his entire life, as the years passed his nasal passages became more and more blocked and runny, his eyes cloudy. He took a bad turn early this month, was okay after some antibiotics, but suddenly contracted pneumonia. Vet told us there was no guarantee even with hospitalization he'd recover. Was struggling even in his oxygen box. Even if he did pull through, his future would have been unpleasant. We made the call to let him go this evening...he was with us nine years.

I've been up all night. Can''t sleep. took a bus rude out to get some crap-ass food in the form of a breakfast sandwich and a mocha.

I'm finding the Watchmen soundtrack is really, really great for when you feel shitty and vaguely angry but don't want music that pulls you down and makes you feel shittier.
    ugh honey i am so sorry. wish i could give you a hug <3

Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Biked into work (always a bit of a shit-show during rush hour, and it was raining too). Opened my email. Read that the city has issued a lockdown that closes down my workplace again for at least another three weeks. Cried at my desk. Now about to bike home.
    would also love to give you a hug <3

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Shit. @Shadaloo and @botley , wish you guys the best.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    I didn't know where else to put this...

My mother was released from the hospital this past Wednesday after 26 days. She had to undergo debridement every 2 days (the wiki has graphic pictures, so I didn't link it), because the infection/damage was so bad. In fact, my mom ended up getting Pseudomonas Aeruginosa. The culturing/testing revealed that the infection was from the dog's mouth/nails, not from the hospital. CDC had to be called in and special medicine was used to treat the infection (as in, $1000 per dose special). She as finally able to get her first skin graph on Monday.

Now, home healthcare. The dog bites seem to be rather simple to dress; the harvest area is a whole other demon. Insurance outright denied all medical claims the first time; my parent's have homeowner's insurance, etc. etc., I'm hoping they just got swept up in that 12% that gets an "automatic" denial. We're well over $1 million dollars so far, and my stepfather doesn't want to sue their next door neighbor. He's not feeling very pragmatic at this point.

Just happy to have her home. I'll be cutting back on my seasonal job in order to take care of my mom during the day so that my stepfather can return to work. It's a few hours several times a week, and it's great for his head.
    Last edited by Jon; 10-17-2020 at 10:53 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    holy shit, @Jon i hope she heals up and feels better soon. and i hope that insurance stuff works out.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    @Jon , tell your stepdad that suing the neighbor isn’t really suing the neighbor; it’s suing their homeowner’s insurance, and it’s probably going to happen, anyway, because your parents’ homeowners’ insurance will subrogate and go after your neighbors.

Did the police do anything about the dog?

Are your parents elderly? Can they get Medicaid to kick in?

What a nightmare. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

Our medical system is SO FUCKED UP.
    Last edited by allegro; 10-19-2020 at 08:08 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    just sending good vibes to all...

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    @Jon, tell your stepdad that suing the neighbor isn’t really suing the neighbor; it’s suing their homeowner’s insurance, and it’s probably going to happen, anyway, because your parents’ homeowners’ insurance will subrogate and go after your neighbors.

Did the police do anything about the dog?

Are your parents elderly? Can they get Medicaid to kick in?

What a nightmare. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

Our medical system is SO FUCKED UP.
    That's a great way to think about it, thank you.

The dog was taken by Tazewell County Animal Control and quarantined (mandatory) for 10 days due to not being up-to-date on his shots. The dog had two prior warnings, and I guess I haven't mentioned, the dog also attacked the homeowner's daughter (hand) when she tried to get the dog off of my mom. We found that out about 2 weeks in, after she (the daughter) was discharged from the hospital. (Drift sorry...) The dog was euthanized after 10 days. RIP Cash.

My mother is 67, my stepfather is 60. She filed for Medicaid a few years back because she had lymphoma. What is the point of them having/keeping 2 private insurance plans? Isn't this exactly the sort of thing you buy insurance for? The state is the only one that's come through so far, but it's been primarily home healthcare stuff. She got a plain-jane walker and of course all the bandaging, gauze, etc. The home healthcare nurse is also through Medicaid. The wife and I bought her a rollator, and have been getting bids for railings throughout their house (the dog also broke her fibula). My stepbrother and stepsister are looking at making the front of the house "handicap-friendly". My parents moved into a ranch about 5 years ago, but there's still 2 steps to contend with.

There's so much extra stuff that the insurance ends up just being piss icing on a shit cake. Pardon me.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I had something to post in here, but it's trivial, really.

@Jon Sending positive thoughts your way, sir. I know it sounds cliche, but keep your head up.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    My dog (12yo wiener) passed away yesterday in my arms and I'm a fucking mess. Good trip on the rainbow bridge to this best boy.

Last edited by fillow; 10-27-2020 at 09:40 AM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I'm so sorry for your loss :-( :-(

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

We had to put down our eldest cat today, he developed a liver infection and the meds didn't help enough...

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    My dog (12yo wiener) passed away yesterday in my arms and I'm a fucking mess. Good trip on the rainbow bridge to this best boy.

Big hugs to you. Appropriate for now:

So here I stand
    Guilty before you
    Head bowed in shame
    Tearful and lonely
    Can you forgive me in time?

So here we are
    The bridge over rainbows
    Our time must end here
    You'll cross without me
    But you will see me again

I bless the day you wrapped us all in kindness
    I bless the day your gentle soul came home
    I bless the day you walked into my life and
    I bless the day you stole my heart away

This is goodbye
    For now, my friend
    We'll meet again

This is goodbye
    But not the end
    We'll meet again

So here I stand
    Tortured and helpless
    Lost in my heartbreak
    Your journey's over
    Mine's filled with memories of you

I bless the day you wrapped us all in kindness
    I bless the day your gentle soul came home
    I bless the day you walked into my life and
    I bless the day you stole my heart away

If I call you
    Will you hear me?
    I will love you always

If I see you
    Will you run to me?
    I will love you always

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    So sorry to hear about Mr. Poptart :-( :-(

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I'm so sorry for your loss, @fillow and @MrLobster .

Losing a beloved pet hurts so much, I know from experience. Both of you gave your furry friends their best life, I'm sure.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So sorry @MrLobster and @fillow , so hard to say goodbye to our furry family. Having a cry reading your posts.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    I'm so sorry for your loss, @fillow and @MrLobster.

Losing a beloved pet hurts so much, I know from experience. Both of you gave your furry friends their best life, I'm sure.
    Agreed and same. My condolences. They are family.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Following the new of my Great Uncle dying on Saturday, the family whatsapp group has just informed me a close family friend (and close friend you my dementia riddled nan) just died of covid, and my nan's not taking it well...seriously fuck this year!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Following the new of my Great Uncle dying on Saturday, the family whatsapp group has just informed me a close family friend (and close friend you my dementia riddled nan) just died of covid, and my nan's not taking it well...seriously fuck this year!
    haysey, i am so sorry. i feel like this year has just been repeatedly punching you in the face. wish i could give you a big ol' hug.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Ugh, I’m so sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    @eversonoe and @eachpassingphase thank you.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    There's so much extra stuff that the insurance ends up just being piss icing on a shit cake. Pardon me.
    Not really sure if anyone cares, but update:

The homeowners did not tell their insurer that they had a pitbull, voiding their insurance. This, in turn, has caused my parent's insurance to cancel their claim. That leaves suing them for, what, personal assets? We're at around $620,000 of medical bills at the moment.

----------------

My oldest has found out she has 4 cysts on her ovaries (3 left, 1 right). More tests next week. This year has been fucking unbelievable.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

The homeowners did not tell their insurer that they had a pitbull, voiding their insurance. This, in turn, has caused my parent's insurance to cancel their claim. That leaves suing them for, what, personal assets? We're at around $620,000 of medical bills at the moment.

----------------

My oldest has found out she has 4 cysts on her ovaries (3 left, 1 right). More tests next week. This year has been fucking unbelievable.
    IANAL. But I know without a doubt that you absolutely need a good lawyer right now. If there is already a lawyer involved, get a new one! Seriously. Whatever it takes.

The insurance company will ALWAYS reject a claim because it's their job to be profitable. This does not mean they will never pay the claim. It simply means more motivation is required. A decent lawyer can provide that motivation.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Just tested positive for Covid.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

----------------

Your daughter could have PCOS.

Maybe talk with an attorney about Chapter 13 Bankruptcy. It’s REALLY common these days. Don't worry about how it affects your "credit." Mega bills that you can't pay are worse for your credit.

Re insurance: I was a paralegal in that discipline for nearly 15 years, including litigation. An insurance policy is only worth what it's worth, so you can only sue up to the maximum policy limits, and no court will award you more than that. An insurance policy is like a contract. If the insurance policy is canceled, you can't sue the insurer for a canceled policy. You can sue the neighbors, personally, and lien their assets, but you'd have to foreclose their assets to collect on them, their most likely asset being their home, but that would likely be a colossal failure during Covid (or any other time, frankly; there are laws that prevent this; if they have a mortgage, the mortgage is first in line in a lien, not you). You can sue your OWN homeowner's insurance but, again, only up to the policy limits. Then they'll cancel your insurance and it will be really hard to get any homeowner's insurance from any other company, because insurance companies are assholes like that.

What you CAN do is just NOT PAY the medical bills. That's what most people do; they just don't pay the bills. The bills go into collections, the collection agencies begin calling you, but that's about it. They can't get blood out of a rock. If you file for Chapter 13, the medical bills will either be totally wiped out or written down to a tiny fraction of the original cost, and your parents' assets (home) aren't touched.
    Last edited by allegro; 11-07-2020 at 12:24 PM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Jesus Chuffing Christ! So we've lost a family member and 2 family friends in the last 2 weeks, and now my youngest niece (6 months) has been rushed to hospital as she has reacted badly to the chicken pox her sisters caught at school (apparently it's spreading like wildfire) but as we're in lockdown none of us can go and see her...when it rains it pours!

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    That sucks @Haysey I hope she feels better. I remember when I had chicken pox in the first grade, it wasn't fun.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    On my way driving home from work last night, I came to a complete stop to wait for the oncoming traffic to pass so I could pull into my driveway. Then BAM, someone fucking hits me from behind. I get out of the car, and realize it's not just the one car behind me - but another car behind them that hit them that made this chain reaction. My husband came out running out, and the cops and everybody else came. What a fucking night. Everyone was ok. The person that created the accident was an 80 year old woman *smh* Only my shoulders are sore for now, thank goodness. Staying home from work today, fuck that. Last thing I want to do is drive right now.

And! The cops messed up the accident report, they list 3 cars involved - but only wrote the lady name's and the car behind me twice - like I wasn't involved at all. So now I gotta call the police department and have them fix it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Fuck @ickyvicky that's a rough night. Totally understand not wanting to drive today.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    On my way driving home from work last night, I came to a complete stop to wait for the oncoming traffic to pass so I could pull into my driveway. Then BAM, someone fucking hits me from behind. I get out of the car, and realize it's not just the one car behind me - but another car behind them that hit them that made this chain reaction. My husband came out running out, and the cops and everybody else came. What a fucking night. Everyone was ok. The person that created the accident was an 80 year old woman *smh* Only my shoulders are sore for now, thank goodness. Staying home from work today, fuck that. Last thing I want to do is drive right now.

And! The cops messed up the accident report, they list 3 cars involved - but only wrote the lady name's and the car behind me twice - like I wasn't involved at all. So now I gotta call the police department and have them fix it.
    I was involved in one like that. Good luck with the insurances because person 1 didn't have any and person 2 wasn't at fault so our insurance was like "oh well" so we had to get a lawyer involved.

Honestly you'd think we'd have a different insurance company by now considering how many times they've done that but we've had them so long that every other company says they can't beat it.