Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1339

Thread: How fucked was your day?

Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Alright y'all. I've been reluctant to tell EVERYONE here, (although i've already told a handful of you,) but i decided that i might ought to, as i will probably want to discuss shit that's related to this at some point, and i will probably want to discuss it here, as ETS is where i do about 90% of my socializing.

On Tuesday i was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis. Furthermore, it's, currently, at least, HIGHLY aggressive.
    My hands have BEEN fucked up and hard to use, but they've been getting worse every day. Also, the shit has spread into my hips, knees, shoulders: you name it.

RA isn't JUST arthritis. It's an autoimmune disorder wherein the body attacks itself. It can also fuck off your heart, lungs, kidneys, bone marrow, blood vessels, nerve tissue and skin. It ALSO can cause lymphoma (blood cancers.)
    RA fucking KILLS tens of thousands of people per year.

I'm still kind of in shock/denial.
    i know it CERTAINLY could be worse: i could have been diagnosed with leukemia or HIV.
    and so like, this shit, there's no cure, and it CAN kill you, but it can ALSO eventually go into a kind of remission (with treatment.)

If you guys don't know, it's the disease that does THIS bullshit here:

[IMG][/IMG]

ANYWAY, so i guess that just sort of is what it is.

And the treatment for it: the way it works is it lowers your immune system, so, of course, THAT shit isn't very good for you either.
    I might be fucked no matter what.

But i'm trying to keep the positive vibes going and hope for the best.

PLEEEAASE don't think i'm like, asking for pity or whatever, or trying to get attention. I just, i know a bunch of you guys pretty well, and KIND of know a metric fuckton of you (inasmuch as you can "know" someone online,) and this is something major that is happening with me, and i just wanted to tell you cats about it.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Sorry you are going thru this. If watching crap reality shows has enlightened me of one thing, one of the woman on Shahs of Sunset has RA and is convinced that pot smoking has saved her life. Move to Cali stat.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Alright y'all. I've been reluctant to tell EVERYONE here, (although i've already told a handful of you,) but i decided that i might ought to, as i will probably want to discuss shit that's related to this at some point, and i will probably want to discuss it here, as ETS is where i do about 90% of my socializing.

On Tuesday i was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis. Furthermore, it's, currently, at least, HIGHLY aggressive.
    My hands have BEEN fucked up and hard to use, but they've been getting worse every day. Also, the shit has spread into my hips, knees, shoulders: you name it.

RA isn't JUST arthritis. It's an autoimmune disorder wherein the body attacks itself. It can also fuck off your heart, lungs, kidneys, bone marrow, blood vessels, nerve tissue and skin. It ALSO can cause lymphoma (blood cancers.)
    RA fucking KILLS tens of thousands of people per year.

I'm still kind of in shock/denial.
    i know it CERTAINLY could be worse: i could have been diagnosed with leukemia or HIV.
    and so like, this shit, there's no cure, and it CAN kill you, but it can ALSO eventually go into a kind of remission (with treatment.)

If you guys don't know, it's the disease that does THIS bullshit here:

[IMG][/IMG]

ANYWAY, so i guess that just sort of is what it is.

And the treatment for it: the way it works is it lowers your immune system, so, of course, THAT shit isn't very good for you either.
    I might be fucked no matter what.

But i'm trying to keep the positive vibes going and hope for the best.

PLEEEAASE don't think i'm like, asking for pity or whatever, or trying to get attention. I just, i know a bunch of you guys pretty well, and KIND of know a metric fuckton of you (inasmuch as you can "know" someone online,) and this is something major that is happening with me, and i just wanted to tell you cats about it.
    elevenism, i sent you a private message. hang in there! best, chuck

Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Sorry you are going thru this. If watching crap reality shows has enlightened me of one thing, one of the woman on Shahs of Sunset has RA and is convinced that pot smoking has saved her life. Move to Cali stat.
    lolol.
    You know, I'm already on painkillers and I don't want to lose them (I do get drug tested.) BUT, my pain Dr is kind of a rebel. I AM going to ask him if he could like, maybe, NOT drug test me anymore, so I can try these new grass products, for real.
    I've heard others say the same thing. I recently heard of a 65 year old woman who said nothing worked until she tried like high potency edibles.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    My car died while on the highway this morning. The battery light came on and everything shut down. Pretty scary. Luckily was able to pull over safely and call a tow. My mechanic says I need a new alternator. When I tell people this, they're all like "Uh oh...that's going to be expensive." We'll see the REAL damage later when I pick it up! Thanks, Santa!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    lolol.
    products, for real.
    I've heard others say the same thing. I recently heard of a 65 year old woman who said nothing worked until she tried like high potency edibles.
    This is why legalization has become more likely. Old folk are voters and want the weed.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

*hugs* I don't want to give any false hope or anything like that, but keep your head held high. I'm not sure if it was a change of environment or a regime of medication or childbirth or tides of the moon or what, but I have a friend from college that had RA, and ended up having to quit playing violin because of it. She moved out to Berkeley, CA from Michigan about 15 years ago, and within the past few years it did go into remission and today she seems to be clear of it. She's back to getting herself accustomed to playing violin again and will actually be joining a community symphony next year.

I saw firsthand the pain and discomfort she was in while dealing with that, so I know it's 100% not fun. I don't think weed is responsible for her turnaround; we figured she might have actually had an allergy to it after some harrowing experiences in college heh. I'm sure the brutal winters here didn't help, though. But yeah, just definitely try to keep a positive outlook. There's gonna be good days and bad days, but you'll get through it. Just be sure to tell yourself that once in a while

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    So I woke up with the house on fire today.

We're fine, our floor and flat is fine, but the electricity is all fried up. No central heating, the floor below is destroyed, not even sure if can ever return to our homes, ever, council couldn't get us any place sorted, shelters are full, so we're on an ad-hoc vacation in a hotel this week. That one fucking Christmas my mom's visiting, too - she took it much better than I expected.

2018 can fuck off.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    lolol.
    You know, I'm already on painkillers and I don't want to lose them (I do get drug tested.) BUT, my pain Dr is kind of a rebel. I AM going to ask him if he could like, maybe, NOT drug test me anymore, so I can try these new grass products, for real.
    I'm another in the "cannabis is a lifesaver" camp. 10ish years ago I acquired a profound movement disorder (shaking videos here) and then discovered the acute chronic pain I had been suffering from adolescence as well ("why does my leg hurt all the time? oh... the inoperable osteochondroma on my tibia... fuck") and the whole depression thing that goes with it (the word is comorbidity) and inhaling copious amounts of cannabis have given me some semblance of an okay life (what's 4g / day, right?). I don't mind edibles but I have to eat so much to get pain relief and it does pretty much nothing for the shaking. I like to make tea from sticks n stems (just nice and simple, put them into a tea bag or strainer and boil it... none of this butter or mortar and mashing it up nonsense) , it's nice. Takes the edge off.

Anyways, good luck on your path.

Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Microwave Jellyfish View Post
    So I woke up with the house on fire today.

We're fine, our floor and flat is fine, but the electricity is all fried up. No central heating, the floor below is destroyed, not even sure if can ever return to our homes, ever, council couldn't get us any place sorted, shelters are full, so we're on an ad-hoc vacation in a hotel this week. That one fucking Christmas my mom's visiting, too - she took it much better than I expected.

2018 can fuck off.
    oh, Jesus Christ dude. I'm sorry.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So some two months later, I finally got an appointment in with an allergist and determined through an extensive skin test that yes I'm allergic to pretty much everything but grass lol. I already feel incredibly better after being on some eyedrops, pills, and a nasal spray for just about 4 days now. Still need to determine if weekly injections are something worth pursuing, or if my insurance even covers that. Gonna be on these meds for a while and go back in next month for a re-evaluation.

Also, what's more fucked up is that apparently I have a polyp in my left nostril and a deviated septum and this is all complete news to me so I'm wondering a) how long this has been the case, b) why the fuck this wasn't discovered sooner and c) if surgery is going to be in my near future.

Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Finding out two days ago I have Guillain-Barre Syndrome.

Treatment hopefully begins today but fuck. To be 28 and blind sided by random paralysis and weakness is scary. I should recover.

Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Finding out two days ago I have Guillain-Barre Syndrome.

Treatment hopefully begins today but fuck. To be 28 and blind sided by random paralysis and weakness is scary. I should recover.
    that's terrifying but at least statistically you're in good shape. good luck, dude! <3

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Car stalled out twice this morning while driving to work, scared the shit out of me. Mechanic says I should start looking into a new car. :-(

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Well I got into quite an argument about the Gillette commercial on Facebook. I probably asked for it given my two cents of a status, the genie can't be put back in that bottle. I don't usually get into heated discussions like that but booooy oh boy. I had to pull the plug on it, I could feel it was getting bad and going nowhere. Turned off notifications, said my adios and bounced. They can talk to the wind for all I care.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Well I got into quite an argument about the Gillette commercial on Facebook. I probably asked for it given my two cents of a status, the genie can't be put back in that bottle. I don't usually get into heated discussions like that but booooy oh boy. I had to pull the plug on it, I could feel it was getting bad and going nowhere. Turned off notifications, said my adios and bounced. They can talk to the wind for all I care.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
    Damn dude. It got worse after I bounced?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Damn dude. It got worse after I bounced?
    Yeah my patience and energy was really starting to wear thin and i needed to nip that in the bud before i would have said something i would have regretted later on. I mean it was civil for the most part but just going nowhere and towards the tail end it was not going to a place i was feeling comfortable with.

i sleep now.

Mentioned
    778 Post(s)
    Eeeeek it’s -13 F in Chicago, actual temperature.

Edit: Eeeek, now it’s 7:31 a.m. and it’s -23 F.

The area is taking as many precautions as possible, Amtrak and Metra electric has suspended service for Wednesday and Thursday; all schools and colleges and public facilities and tourist attractions are closed Wednesday and Thursday in the Chicago and Kenosha area.

My thoughts are with the homeless and elderly and the animals out there.

Be safe, Chicago and Kenosha people. Frostbite can happen in less than FIVE minutes in this stuff. This is some freaky shit.
    Last edited by Cat Mom; 01-30-2019 at 07:35 AM.

Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post
    Eeeeek it’s -13 F in Chicago, actual temperature.

Edit: Eeeek, now it’s 7:31 a.m. and it’s -23 F.

The area is taking as many precautions as possible, Amtrak and Metra electric has suspended service for Wednesday and Thursday; all schools and colleges and public facilities and tourist attractions are closed Wednesday and Thursday in the Chicago and Kenosha area.

My thoughts are with the homeless and elderly and the animals out there.

Be safe, Chicago and Kenosha people. Frostbite can happen in less than FIVE minutes in this stuff. This is some freaky shit.
    my work insisted on being open today and said that anyone who couldn't make it in would have to use a vacation day...until this morning when only 2 people (out of 15) made it in, and they decided to just give everyone a paid day off without eating into our vacation days. no fucking way i'm going outside today.

i feel terrible for anyone without shelter, i literally don't know how they're going to survive.

also, godspeed to anyone who has to walk a dog

Mentioned
    778 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    my work insisted on being open today and said that anyone who couldn't make it in would have to use a vacation day...until this morning when only 2 people (out of 15) made it in, and they decided to just give everyone a paid day off without eating into our vacation days. no fucking way i'm going outside today.

i feel terrible for anyone without shelter, i literally don't know how they're going to survive.

also, godspeed to anyone who has to walk a dog
    So glad your company changed its mind, I wish they ALL did that around here for just one lousy day. We aren’t used to THIS shit!

Sixty below wind chill, omg.

My house was making CRAZY noises all night and freaking me out; I Googled it, and I guess when it gets this cold, these weird noises are normal.

The ground is making noises in some areas, too, called “Frost Quakes”

https://twitter.com/MorganKolkmeyer/...94419118690305

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    So there we were last night, in the midst of this polar vortex nightmare where it's like 50 degrees below zero or some hellish shit, when all of a sudden the fucking power goes out in our house. And stays out. For HOURS.

Unfuckingbelievable. I swear I'm cursed.

Mentioned
    778 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    So there we were last night, in the midst of this polar vortex nightmare where it's like 50 degrees below zero or some hellish shit, when all of a sudden the fucking power goes out in our house. And stays out. For HOURS.

Unfuckingbelievable. I swear I'm cursed.
    Omg that’s a nightmare. Are you all OKAY!?!?

Here we go again with this shit. -17 and on its way down to -24.

The house is making crazy noises, again.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    That sucks!

The wind feels like tiny ninja throwing stars.

I’ve been at work for an hour now and my feet are still ice cold.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post
    Omg thatís a nightmare. Are you all OKAY!?!?

Here we go again with this shit. -17 and on its way down to -24.

The house is making crazy noises, again.
    Yeah, we're fine. One of my roommates left to stay at her bf's place where there was power, but the rest of us stayed here. It got pretty damn cold inside, like low 50s. The property manager called and said if it got much colder we were gonna have to shut off the water to keep the pipes from bursting. All in all, the power was off from about 6 pm to 3 am.

To be honest it was more scary than anything else. I feel so sorry for the people out there. I heard someone froze to death at a bus stop nearby. What an incredibly sad and horrible way to go.

Nothing bad happened to us, but it was a fairly concerning situation. I just couldn't believe it when Xcel energy called with some computerized voice saying "it is estimated that the power will be restored by...3...A...M....thank you for your understanding." Just about had a heart attack when I heard that, lol.

I saw you folks down in Chicago are getting it just as bad as us. Hope you are all staying safe and warm!

Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    work had me scheduled at a house under construction (with no heat) literally right next to the lake in evanston, so i called out. can't believe they did that.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Spent the last 24 hours with the fucking worst food poisoning I've ever experienced. I've never experienced the whole shitting and throwing up at the exact same time but boy let me tell you.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    Yeah, we're fine. One of my roommates left to stay at her bf's place where there was power, but the rest of us stayed here. It got pretty damn cold inside, like low 50s. The property manager called and said if it got much colder we were gonna have to shut off the water to keep the pipes from bursting. All in all, the power was off from about 6 pm to 3 am.

To be honest it was more scary than anything else. I feel so sorry for the people out there. I heard someone froze to death at a bus stop nearby. What an incredibly sad and horrible way to go.

Nothing bad happened to us, but it was a fairly concerning situation. I just couldn't believe it when Xcel energy called with some computerized voice saying "it is estimated that the power will be restored by...3...A...M....thank you for your understanding." Just about had a heart attack when I heard that, lol.

I saw you folks down in Chicago are getting it just as bad as us. Hope you are all staying safe and warm!
    Glad the powers back! Energy company's can be pretty shitty sometimes! I once lived with a couple of friends in a 3 bedroom semi-detached, they'd just left for a holiday in turkey for 2 weeks when large sections of the southeast London grid went out, 100's of homes lost power and this went on for a week! Luckily it was summer and mild, but the worst part was there's legislation saying energy companies must give full refunds if the power is out for over 8 hours, so our energy company set up a rotation where every home had power for 30mins every 7 hours...just to avoid having to give ANY money back for a problem that turned out to be their fault!

Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    slipped and fell on some ice on my way out to my car this morning
    passed out briefly while warming up the car and then puked
    worried i have a concussion but can't tell because i was already woozy and had a headache when i woke up this morning
    obviously didn't go to work

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Without going too much into detail, my job is trying to drastically fuck over myself and 15 other employees on my team with this "forced" training to a this department that none of us asked for. This dept. has been around for a while now, and up until now it was voluntary to join them. People that wanted to go would apply and go to their new role.

The problem with this is, the training is 5 weeks M-F 8am-4pm and I can't do these shifts. I have been permanently changed to an "Evening and Weekend" part time schedule for health reasons. I suffer from Depression and Anxiety and not to mention extreme insomnia. I usually can't fall asleep before 4am no matter how hard I try. Even if my body is drop dead tired, I still lay there with my eyes wide open. Because of this, I was changed to a more stable schedule where I work part time evening shifts, so my sleeping pattern is now 4am-12pm and I need these hours for health reasons. I've been on this schedule for 3 years now.
    My manager refuses to do anything or compromise. There are many other people on my team who cannot do the training for various other reasons. Some are on this part time evening schedule because they have kids at home they need to look after until their spouse gets home, others need to look after parents and others, like me, have to work evenings for health reasons.

They gave us 2 weeks notice. We need to do this for all of March and first week of April. I'm going to get so sick from this. It's already brought out my depression and anxiety 10-fold. One girl was balling her eyes out in the team meeting today. Management showed no compassion. They don't care. Heartless. Disgusting.

The thing is, our role isn't being discontinued or anything, there are still a good 200 people on other teams doing my role that will continue to do my role. It isn't being phased out. I asked to change teams, and once again, they refuse to comply. It's bullshit.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 02-19-2019 at 02:37 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Do you have HR?