Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
My parents. Always around the corner with their drama to make sure I never get *too* happy.

I really can't handle this bullshit anymore.
Apparently the drinking and abuse has started again, and now there's a studio flat in Kent involved. Welp, they wouldn't listen when I was a six year old with a packed suitcase, they ignored me when I started telling people, and they wouldn't listen to the police when she was almost killed, so I'm not getting involved anymore.

As far as I'm concerned, they are two humans I know and can be nice to for brief periods of time in exchange for money, meals out and household repairs. I had two parents growing up; a pensioner who is now dead and an Australian pop star I will be seeing on Tuesday. Lots of people have a dead parent and another they rarely see. I own my own flat, I have a successful freelance business, I have decent friends all over the world - some of whom know EVERYTHING about me and don't judge. I have a firm hold on the two long-term health conditions I was born with, and have been, seen, and done more than a lot of people my age. I've come further than many people my age, and honestly, been through less than some people my age.

To quote one of my doctors, it's just not my responsibility. Just like I told my Dad I didn't give a fuck about his cancer, so will I tell both of them that I've stopped giving a shit about this. I am free. The cycle ends here.

(But I'm going to keep coming in here to bitch about everything that's going to happen anyway, alright?)