Page 47 of 69 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 2042

Thread: How fucked was your day?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    i had a chemo session on tuesday. this particular cocktail, the after effects get worse as you go along. the first phase is ending. i call it the breaking bad phase. they od me on steroids & i'm up for a few days. now entering system purge. i feel like death....
    I have a friend going through that, it's not been any fun watching her. But the prognosis is good and I hope yours is as well.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I found out that I'm being fucked over by the company I have worked for the last seven years. I'm losing out on £3675 ($4,740) of redundancy pay because those assholes found a loophole.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    I found out that I'm being fucked over by the company I have worked for the last seven years. I'm losing out on £3675 ($4,740) of redundancy pay because those assholes found a loophole.
    it never fails to surprise me how eager people are to screw over the employees "below" them who actually make their company functional. i'm so sorry.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Thanks. It really bites because I'm moving back to the states with no job lined up. Redundancy pay is UK law, so I thought I had this to help me float.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Been having back problems for years. Finally reached its peak. Only really an issue when I work (line cook).

So, finally, a doctor decided to take an xray. Turns out I have mild scoliosis after many years of thinking I didn't.

Not really angry about it. But I'm guessing I need to reevaluate my daily now life. Particularly, the weightlifting part.

Im looking for a new job though. No point staying somewhere that causes so much pain (literally and figuratively).

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Been having back problems for years. Finally reached its peak. Only really an issue when I work (line cook).

So, finally, a doctor decided to take an xray. Turns out I have mild scoliosis after many years of thinking I didn't.

Not really angry about it. But I'm guessing I need to reevaluate my daily now life. Particularly, the weightlifting part.

Im looking for a new job though. No point staying somewhere that causes so much pain (literally and figuratively).
    no fun. hope all goes well for you!

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I am in the middle of day 4 of a pointless fight with my fiancee. It's about nothing. Nothing. It's just a lot of crying and drama and bullshit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    it was nice. the fans were nice. i'm rooting for both teams. you cant take anything away from shaq and kobe, you just can't.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    It's just a lot of crying
    Hint: Then it’s not really about “nothing.” Validate validate validate.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    I had the worst (work related only; no bullshit politics involved) day at work today. To put it simply—I’m drowning in work responsibilities that I was not behind on (actually I was AHEAD) before today and now I’m not sure how I’m going to climb out of this mess.

Fuck.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    we put so much effort into Halloween... it's my favorite holiday, and some friends from out of town, some other friends over that I hadn't seen in a long time... we set up all this meticulous lighting and props and jump scares... and then the power went out... so we hooked up a generator... and it fried my PS4.

I've finally got everything working again I think... two days later... and tonight I'm having Halloween for me, my fiancee, and my buddy who's visiting. If the fucking power goes out again tonight...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I've been reading Black Klansman and was reading it during lunch today at work. I finished eating and started walking back to my office when a black guy came up the stairs, looked towards me - and down at my book - and then kept on going. I didn't even notice until I was past him what happened, but I laughed about it. I debated going back and talking to him but I hate bad impressions even worse than bad opening conversation gambits so I went back and said hi. Talked for a bit about the book and the movie, had a few good laughs at the world and how fucked up it is right now, and then I left. It's still kind of funny but now I think I'll carry it around with something on top of it until I'm finished.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    My wife who has five years of experience working at a vet clinic, two bachelors degrees, and is halfway through a masters degree did not even get an interview into Texas A&M's vet school. It's so dumb. Like I understand that they really value academics and GPA, but because of that, they are screwing non-traditional students like my wife. A&M have spent the better part of the last five years doing everything they can to prevent Texas Tech from opening another vet school, though it seems that they're finally getting one but not for a couple years. If A&M didn't block Tech, there would have already been another vet school in texas. Oh well. Hopefully she gets into Colorado State once she's done with her masters there.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Just off the phone to my mother, my granddad (pretty much the person who raised me and my sisters) is in hospital again with a suspected fungal lung infection, of which they are saying if the anti-biotics don't work (and they aren't hopeful) this might be it...so i'm expecting things for the next few weeks to potentially be fucking awful...banger of a start to the year.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Wow, that's tough Haysey. So sorry to hear that. Hoping for the best for you and your family.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Just off the phone to my mother, my granddad (pretty much the person who raised me and my sisters) is in hospital again with a suspected fungal lung infection, of which they are saying if the anti-biotics don't work (and they aren't hopeful) this might be it...so i'm expecting things for the next few weeks to potentially be fucking awful...banger of a start to the year.
    I will pray for a good ending to this situation. Honestly, this year began so-so .. I myself constantly monitor Elgin News to keep abreast of the situation in our city. Modern mobility is a bad joke with us, right? You never know when your city will turn into World War Z. Our pastor will talk about it on Sunday.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

hang in there, haysey.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    not a great day. leaving soon for a day at hospital for heart tests. on top of that, sick from chemo side effects. the worst part is having to drive to downtown seattle during rush hour with no coffee involved! i jest on that last part but its still not optimal.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Woke up to find that one of my colleagues passed in his sleep Friday night. Had no diagnosed health issues, no history of mental illness at all. Loved his job. Loved his family. No indication at all as to what happened. Wasn't "old" by any stretch.

Obviously my day isn't really fucked compared to his family's, but fuck, this hurts. It's one thing to lose someone after a slow decline or at least some sort of diagnosis. The suddenness of this is just really messing with me.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Woke up to find that one of my colleagues passed in his sleep Friday night. Had no diagnosed health issues, no history of mental illness at all. Loved his job. Loved his family. No indication at all as to what happened. Wasn't "old" by any stretch.

Obviously my day isn't really fucked compared to his family's, but fuck, this hurts. It's one thing to lose someone after a slow decline or at least some sort of diagnosis. The suddenness of this is just really messing with me.

sorry for your loss

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quick update. My grandad has responded well to the anti-biotics and was able to have a blood transfusion (what he originally went in for) and has been told he can be discharged today, which is a MASSIVE relief. The catch is the doctor had a word with him and my mum, and explained his body will not allow him to have many more transfusions, so we should enjoy everyday we have together as next time he might not be coming out.

Thanks again for all the well wishes, i really appropriate them

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I'm finally getting an MRI to hopefully give me some answers to the sciatica issues I've been dealing with for like a year now; coincidentally my grandma's getting a PET scan today due to some concerning spots in her lungs. Meh. My heart really goes out to anyone dealing with chronic pain. Mine's mostly mild with occasional moderately terrible days and even that's been enough to make me lose my mind due to it just being a thing that's constantly there.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Brexit.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Our youngest threw us a curve ball on Monday. I dropped her off at school, and about two miles down the road I immediately got a call to come back. She had a seizure, fell out of her wheelchair and hit her head on the tile (apparently she sneakily unbuckled herself from her chair at one point) then continued to seize for quite a while until I got back to the school. Paramedics came and took us to the local ER, who then transferred us to St Louis Children's hospital where the whole family has remained since.

She's okay, no fractures or anything from the fall. It's normal for her to have seizures, but they've been getting more frequent and it's unusual for her to have them go this long. She didn't break anything, thankfully. But man, it's MISERABLE to be stuck in a shared hospital room with a pissed-off kid while she gets her seizure meds changed and we do the whole MRI/CT/EEG dance for the tenth time this year.

We should be able to leave by Sunday, assuming the medication transition goes okay. I know I'm friends with some of ya'll on social media, we haven't said anything on there about this because we have some family members who make everything that happens with Katherine ten times more stressful than it needs to be.

So i'll just gripe about expensive, nasty hospital food and stress out over our kid here instead. :P

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    That sounds so stressful and horrible. I'm sorry.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    Our youngest threw us a curve ball on Monday. I dropped her off at school, and about two miles down the road I immediately got a call to come back. She had a seizure, fell out of her wheelchair and hit her head on the tile (apparently she sneakily unbuckled herself from her chair at one point) then continued to seize for quite a while until I got back to the school. Paramedics came and took us to the local ER, who then transferred us to St Louis Children's hospital where the whole family has remained since.

She's okay, no fractures or anything from the fall. It's normal for her to have seizures, but they've been getting more frequent and it's unusual for her to have them go this long. She didn't break anything, thankfully. But man, it's MISERABLE to be stuck in a shared hospital room with a pissed-off kid while she gets her seizure meds changed and we do the whole MRI/CT/EEG dance for the tenth time this year.

We should be able to leave by Sunday, assuming the medication transition goes okay. I know I'm friends with some of ya'll on social media, we haven't said anything on there about this because we have some family members who make everything that happens with Katherine ten times more stressful than it needs to be.

So i'll just gripe about expensive, nasty hospital food and stress out over our kid here instead. :P
    I hope the docs are able to do something for you & your family. Take care.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    I hope the docs are able to do something for you & your family. Take care.
    Thank you. We are home now and she seems to be taking well to the new meds.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Some of you might have noticed i wasn't around much the last week, that's due to my grandad having had to go back into hospital again...and unfortunately this time he didn't make it out. At 11:15 this morning he passed away with all of his family at his bedside, it was all pretty horrific honestly. He went from being able to hold a conversation with me about football on monday, to just becoming skin and bone, unable to even move or acknowledge we were even there by this morning. We had all realized this was most likely the end, but it's still really fucking difficult to process!
    To make the situation just that little more fucked, he ended up dying in not only the same hospital, but same ward as my aunt less then 6 months ago (which my uncle was still devastated about) and will be the same hospital my little sister will be going to for her last scan on her 3rd kid...so we're all going to be back there when she drops this week.

This is going to take some time to process honestly...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Some of you might have noticed i wasn't around much the last week, that's due to my grandad having had to go back into hospital again...and unfortunately this time he didn't make it out. At 11:15 this morning he passed away with all of his family at his bedside, it was all pretty horrific honestly. He went from being able to hold a conversation with me about football on monday, to just becoming skin and bone, unable to even move or acknowledge we were even there by this morning. We had all realized this was most likely the end, but it's still really fucking difficult to process!
    To make the situation just that little more fucked, he ended up dying in not only the same hospital, but same ward as my aunt less then 6 months ago (which my uncle was still devastated about) and will be the same hospital my little sister will be going to for her last scan on her 3rd kid...so we're all going to be back there when she drops this week.

This is going to take some time to process honestly...
    big hugs, friend. hope your family is able to heal and celebrate his life. <3