Page 22 of 69 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: How fucked was your day?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Most meat would actually make it worse. But yeah, in my case, I think it was cheese. I'm super bummed out.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Thanks everyone for all the warm thoughts. It's been tough, but I'm learning to deal with it all. Work has been more that understanding and I pretty much haven't been back since June 26th. I fly back home on the 21st for the NIN show in San Diego so it'll be good to spend a little more time with the fam.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Arrrrrggg.... I have to play a show tonight, and I can barely talk. My throat is so hoarse my speaking voice has dropped about an octave. Feeling generally sick is fine, but I'm not sure how I'm going to pull this off

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Arrrrrggg.... I have to play a show tonight, and I can barely talk. My throat is so hoarse my speaking voice has dropped about an octave. Feeling generally sick is fine, but I'm not sure how I'm going to pull this off
    weeeeaaaaak, dude!
    robert plant used to drink a bottle of tobasco sauce...lolz.

i recommend hot whiskey with honey and lemon, seriously. like mixed together and microwaved.
    i'm gonna make my dad look bad here for a second but it's the truth...i started doing that for my throat at 10 or 11 years old.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Many people can't drink alcohol

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    weeeeaaaaak, dude!
    robert plant used to drink a bottle of tobasco sauce...lolz.

i recommend hot whiskey with honey and lemon, seriously. like mixed together and microwaved.
    i'm gonna make my dad look bad here for a second but it's the truth...i started doing that for my throat at 10 or 11 years old.
    My family's version of this is gin with honey and lemon. My personal version is vodka with honey and lemon.

However none of those would work for Jinsai for, well, reasons.

@Jinsai: I would suggest dried marshmallow root. Add some to boiling water to make a sort of tea. You can always add honey and/or lemon for good measure. Good luck!

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    it no longer works for me because i am a raging alcoholic so i don't drink AT ALL.

I wonder, @Jinsai , what is the source of it? you might be screwed if it's sickness, you know?
    if it's the kind that comes from screaming at something, i bet you can fix it.

the fact that i'm sitting here rambling about this means i should REALLY get a job, right?

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    It's sickness... not from screaming. I have a stuffy head and my throat is just completely screwed. I'm going to go pick up some throat coat tea or something... still... blaaaaaaah. I just want to lie in bed today.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    good luck brother.

i have never been in that situation.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    well, it could have turned out worse. By the time we actually got on stage, there were literally only about 5 people in the club... so I spent most of the time just improvising electronic stuff and some of it turned out pretty nifty. Not our best show by a long shot, but it wasn't an embarrassment.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Killer, @Jinsai

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    It's sickness... not from screaming. I have a stuffy head and my throat is just completely screwed. I'm going to go pick up some throat coat tea or something... still... blaaaaaaah. I just want to lie in bed today.
    Got this one from my childhood BF's Russian Jew grandma: guggle muggle: warm milk, melt butter and honey in, drink. Yum.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Found out about an hour ago that my parent's home, and the page where I grew up, burned down last night. Thankfully my folks are safe. Kind of at a loads at the moment.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    Found out about an hour ago that my parent's home, and the page where I grew up, burned down last night. Thankfully my folks are safe. Kind of at a loads at the moment.
    I hope the wording here is just an iPhone autocorrect fail.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    At a loss, not loads. Yeah kinda surreal.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    This past week has been shite, felt unwell and run down so could not go to gym, didn't get second interview for job I went for so still stuck working miserable nights, and almost got taken in by an army internet dating scam!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    A close friend's son was diagnosed with cancer. The kid doesn't deserve this. He's one of the nicest people, not just young people, that I know.

He's going to be in the hospital for chemo and stuff for some stretches of time. Got him a PS4. We're all hanging out with him as much as we can and just shooting the shit, trying to keep his hopes up.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Had 3 different options of things to do tonight, each one of them has cancelled... Urgh.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So today me and my wife have separated after just over two years marriage and roughly 13 years on and off relationship. It's been a very sad day and made even harder because we have a baby on the way in a few weeks. We wanted to stay together for the baby but it's just better this way, we think. There are other complications too but for those who know me well enough I'm just going to ask if you can respect the privacy of all those involved and first and foremost be the kindest friends you can be to us. It's shit but in the long term it is going to be better for the both of us and the baby.

I have however shut down my Facebook account at this time to limit any mean spirited comments. Those closest to me, including my wife's parents are not angry and understand these things happen but there's always someone who feels the need to stir the pot... if anyone still wants to contact me please use my gmail at winnyboy@gmail.com

Thanks
    O
    Last edited by owinn; 08-31-2014 at 07:10 AM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Hugs to you, Owinn.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks, it was just as well I locked down my Facebook because I was told via messenger that I have no friends, a horrible family, that I am not welcome at my niece's home (I adore my niece), and that I am a complete scumbag. I've also completely fallen out with my parents after my dad called to tell me I wasn't welcome at their home either and that my mother cannot even speak my name. My dad, the guy who I had to drag into his own car for beating my mum and bringing his eastern european secretary home with him to fuck while we were all under the same roof. This has probably been the shittiest three days of my life.
    Last edited by owinn; 09-02-2014 at 07:16 PM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    That sucks, dude. Really sorry.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Just found out i'm gonna be a grandad today (i turned 40 a couple of months ago)

My grandad wore a grey beard and made terrible home made toffee. I wear a NIN shirt and make terrible music.

Times they are a changin'..
    Last edited by Reaps; 09-02-2014 at 08:32 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    company layoffs.... i survived, but still doesn't make it any easier seeing people cry and not know what to do next...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by owinn View Post
    Thanks, it was just as well I locked down my Facebook because I was told via messenger that I have no friends, a horrible family, that I am not welcome at my niece's home (I adore my niece), and that I am a complete scumbag. I've also completely fallen out with my parents after my dad called to tell me I wasn't welcome at their home either and that my mother cannot even speak my name. My dad, the guy who I had to drag into his own car for beating my mum and bringing his eastern european secretary home with him to fuck while we were all under the same roof. This has probably been the shittiest three days of my life.

WTF, you didn't dump her.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    WTF, you didn't dump her.
    I'll explain over drinks if you're free this week...

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Ugh, dude. I'm so, so sorry you're having such a bad time. You're a great person!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdglss View Post
    company layoffs.... i survived, but still doesn't make it any easier seeing people cry and not know what to do next...
    Survivor guilt is a bitch.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by owinn View Post
    Were I you, I'd copy them all into a nice email replete with everyone's quoted comments, politely tell them to get fucked, and bcc my lawyer. Then I'd have a long chat with my lawyer about child custody.

Then I'd probably regret the email (with the benefit of the lawyers' hindsight), but hay ho.

Regardless, it sounds like a lot of highly strung, emotionally impulsive people are on your back- and you're about to have a baby. I would definitely get in touch with that lawyer.
    Last edited by DF118; 09-03-2014 at 02:14 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DF118 View Post
    Were I you, I'd copy them all into a nice email replete with everyone's quoted comments, politely tell them to get fucked, and bcc my lawyer. Then I'd have a long chat with my lawyer about child custody.

Then I'd probably regret the email (with the benefit of the lawyers' hindsight), but hay ho.

Regardless, it sounds like a lot of highly strung, emotionally impulsive people are on your back- and you're about to have a baby. I would definitely get in touch with that lawyer.
    Thanks man, the advice is appreciated. To be honest I think I'm done airing my dirty laundry in public. At least my soon to be ex-wife and I can still talk in a civil manner about what is best for the baby between ourselves. We're both pretty sick and tired of our families losing their shit over what is OUR situation and not theirs.