Page 19 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: How fucked was your day?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Thanks, @Thaned . She messaged me yesterday. She got out of the hospital, she says she's getting better.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    I accidentally overheard my dad talking on the phone last night and discovered that he's cheating on my mom. I'm really not sure how to handle this or what I should do.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I don't understand what the fuck is wrong with all the holidays I have. At first I'm really glad to have one but after a few days I get into really bad mood and nothing interests me and I am totally bored and down all the time. All my friends are somewhere else, then if we plan something something goes wrong and after all we do nothing. It's been the same during all the holidays I've had during the time I've been on the place I'm working at the moment.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    I accidentally overheard my dad talking on the phone last night and discovered that he's cheating on my mom. I'm really not sure how to handle this or what I should do.
    Stay out of it. She might already know, he might do nothing etc etc.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    I'd confront him.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    So went on my first trip to Berlin to visit my friend/fb, he lives over there just outside Berlin and speaks fluent German. Anyway I get to Berlin early on Tuesday tired from flying and coming off a nightshift. We meet at the hotel and roam around the city for the rest of the day and Wednesday. He has to go back home on Thursday for an appointment in the afternoon and did say he would be back, but on Thursday morning changes his mind and says as it takes him 2 hours to get home and will take 2 hours to get back he will not come back as I have an early flight 10.30am on Friday!!. So he basically left me pissed, angry and vexed as hell to my own devices in Berlin where I don't speak the language, feeling vulnerable, low and depressed!. Not good when you have mild social anxiety!. I did manage to leave the hotel and explore a bit of the city by myself but was not happy at all!!. Really feel let down and my confidence has a big knock.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I just sat through an entire episode of Hollyoaks

why

no really, why

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Lost my Kindle somehow. Fuck.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Lost my Kindle somehow. Fuck.
    Did you stick it in your ass accidentally in place of teh dildo?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I saw my dad drunk and crippled by anxiety tonight, worrying about what will happen to my family if he should pass on (because he has constant worries about skin cancer). I will go to my grave making sure my family's taken care of. He has no worries to worry about. If I disappear for years, it's because I've dedicated my life to making sure my family's taken care of.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    I saw my dad drunk and crippled by anxiety tonight, worrying about what will happen to my family if he should pass on (because he has constant worries about skin cancer). I will go to my grave making sure my family's taken care of. He has no worries to worry about. If I disappear for years, it's because I've dedicated my life to making sure my family's taken care of.
    Have you told your Dad all that?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Have you told your Dad all that?
    Yes, I have

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Found out yesterday afternoon that my dad was rushed to the ER after his doc checked his heart echo cardiogram. Apparently, his abscess tooth had become infected, and now the infection is in his blood and has possibly compromised one of his valves. As of this morning, and talking with him on the phone, he thinks it will go one of 3 ways: 1 = heavy antibiotics at the hospital, recover at home. 2 = heavy antibiotics, stent installed and an intensive 6 week antibiotic treatment at the hospital. 3 = valve replacement + ??? associated recovery time.

Anyway, kind of tough to focus on my teaching responsibilities with all of this going on at home. Fuuuuuuuuuck.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    Found out yesterday afternoon that my dad was rushed to the ER after his doc checked his heart echo cardiogram. Apparently, his abscess tooth had become infected, and now the infection is in his blood and has possibly compromised one of his valves. As of this morning, and talking with him on the phone, he thinks it will go one of 3 ways: 1 = heavy antibiotics at the hospital, recover at home. 2 = heavy antibiotics, stent installed and an intensive 6 week antibiotic treatment at the hospital. 3 = valve replacement + ??? associated recovery time.

Anyway, kind of tough to focus on my teaching responsibilities with all of this going on at home. Fuuuuuuuuuck.
    My dad had one of his valves replaced 20 years ago. Crack the chest, whole 9 yards. he's still with us. Now, they cut a tiny hole in your chest and fish everything through. Easy peasy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My girlfriends gran passed away on Friday, she's absolutely devastated even though she thought she was prepared for this which is understandable as she was really close to her, she knows I'm there for her but I feel like she's pushing me away more than anythin else, just need to wait till she does come to me and tells me she needs me

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Sent a text to my friend freaking out because a dude was getting overly attached really quickly, accidentally sent it to the overly attached dude.

Now I feel like a really horrible person. Fml.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ophelia_ View Post
    Sent a text to my friend freaking out because a dude was getting overly attached really quickly, accidentally sent it to the overly attached dude.

Now I feel like a really horrible person. Fml.
    Oh dear. Did he reply?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Oh dear. Did he reply?
    Yeah... With "thanks". WAY TO MAKE ME FEEL LIKE THE WORST PERSON EVER.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    That's why I always applaud people who get on stage at karaoke!
    Well in that case.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...6025671&type=3

yes I was completely sober.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ophelia_ View Post
    Yeah... With "thanks". WAY TO MAKE ME FEEL LIKE THE WORST PERSON EVER.
    Look on the bright side. Now he knows.
    Last edited by Kyle; 05-07-2014 at 09:59 PM.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Well in that case.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...6025671&type=3

yes I was completely sober.
    Fuckin' lol.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Look on the bright side. Now he knows.
    This is the shining light at the end of the guilt-tunnel.

He's a really lovely dude, but we've only been chatting for a couple of weeks, and it's way too early for you to be telling our mutual friends about "us" and telling me that you can't wait for me to meet your son. I'm so not ready for replacement-mum duties. I've got way too much drinking to be done.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    My ex husband made me cry this morning. He insulted me by telling me that my art is boring because I don't use any paintbrushes. It pissed me off because he has no right to tell me that. Art has no definition and yet he is trying to define it. Also, he thinks he is the shit because he is taking art classes at the community college. Keep in mind that I have never taken an art class in my life yet I've shown in 4 exhibits and have sold a handful of my paintings. He made me mad because he has no idea what he is talking about. He ruined my whole day.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    My ex husband made me cry this morning. He insulted me by telling me that my art is boring because I don't use any paintbrushes. It pissed me off because he has no right to tell me that. Art has no definition and yet he is trying to define it. Also, he thinks he is the shit because he is taking art classes at the community college. Keep in mind that I have never taken an art class in my life yet I've shown in 4 exhibits and have sold a handful of my paintings. He made me mad because he has no idea what he is talking about. He ruined my whole day.
    "Fuck your sculptures, you aren't even chiseling marble!!"

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    I hardly check out this thread, so that's why I couldn't get to it sooner. I'm sorry to hear that, and him being proud of himself in that way is truly beyond me. I suppose I'd like to be here for you too. I can't imagine what it's like with an ex, but I certainly know how much it can hurt to be called boring. It even sounds like he did that for little to no reason at all, which is what not only makes it hurtful, but also very low to me. Anyway, I hope things work out for you, although you seem to be doing a lot better now.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I hardly check out this thread, so that's why I couldn't get to it sooner. I'm sorry to hear that, and him being proud of himself in that way is truly beyond me. I suppose I'd like to be here for you too. I can't imagine what it's like with an ex, but I certainly know how much it can hurt to be called boring. It even sounds like he did that for little to no reason at all, which is what not only makes it hurtful, but very low. Anyway, I hope things work out for you, although you seem to be doing a lot better now.
    Thanks. It's funny that you should mention this today because he came over to drop off our daughter at my house. I'm currently working on a painting now and I thought about showing him my progress. However, I didn't because A) I don't want to give him any more opportunities to insult me; and B) I don't need his approval for anything. In the end, I feel better about not showing him my painting. I feel that I'm a better artist than he is even though I have never taken an art class in my life.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    F͠a̷ll̸i̴n̵g҉ ás̡lee̢p͜ ͟dur̨ińg͏ ͡t͟h̀e ͏da̛y, ̵o͝nly t͡o͢ ͠w̨a̸k͏e ͟up ͠in̸ ͞th҉e͟ ͜m̴idd͠le o͞f th̴e n̢i͢g͞ht.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    Lost my job. Given a week's notice. Feelin crappy.
    sucks. best of luck and i hope your quickly bounce back

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownEyedStatistic View Post
    F͠a̷ll̸i̴n̵g҉ ás̡lee̢p͜ ͟dur̨ińg͏ ͡t͟h̀e ͏da̛y, ̵o͝nly t͡o͢ ͠w̨a̸k͏e ͟up ͠in̸ ͞th҉e͟ ͜m̴idd͠le o͞f th̴e n̢i͢g͞ht.
    Omg. I fell asleep at work and a couple of my coworkers took pictures of me asleep during my students' music class. Awesome.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Having a lovely time visiting Prague. then on the last evening, had my iPhone nicked from my hand bag while,riding the trolley.

Irritated.