Page 10 of 69 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast

Thread: How fucked was your day?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I hope so too...I want to go to AmeriCorps damnit! Not be paralyzed in bed!!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I suffered from back problems off-and-on starting when I was a pre-teen. Needlessly. I should have been more insistent about doctors investigating the source, but I just lived with it for decades. Turned out I had a long-term herniation plus a congenital defect that left my spinal sac constricted. (And, just to offer an alternative narrative to Fixer's, surgery for me was a blessing. I felt the difference when I came out of anesthesia, and they had me up and walking that night -- and this was not laproscopic.)

I guess I'm saying that if this is reoccurring, make sure your doctors are thorough. Also, make sure your physical therapists know that your pain is increasing. (It could mean that you have an entirely different problem than what they're trying to treat.)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Yikes, that sounds awful. I saw my physiotherapist this morning and she was all for another meeting with my doctor, probably for an MRI and even a shot of somethingorother, cortizone? Some steroid, to relieve the nerve pain. The pain I felt/still feel in my back however, she explained, was/is a muscle spasm. I apparently overcompensated while doing my household chores and ended up tensing up way too many muscles in my back. She did a really interesting gentle pressure technique to help the muscles relax, kind of like acupressure massage except just wherever the muscle was tense. First time experiencing muscle spasms, and they are a bitch.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halloween View Post
    Yikes, that sounds awful. I saw my physiotherapist this morning and she was all for another meeting with my doctor, probably for an MRI and even a shot of somethingorother, cortizone? Some steroid, to relieve the nerve pain. The pain I felt/still feel in my back however, she explained, was/is a muscle spasm. I apparently overcompensated while doing my household chores and ended up tensing up way too many muscles in my back. She did a really interesting gentle pressure technique to help the muscles relax, kind of like acupressure massage except just wherever the muscle was tense. First time experiencing muscle spasms, and they are a bitch.
    Sorry to hear, yes those suck real bad. I suffered this on the job years ago when I worked a manufacturing job in a clean room. Back then I had a real prick of a boss who kept asking me "are you sure? are you sure?" when I told him I needed to see a doctor. That was a few months of my life that felt like an eternity of soreness and agony. I hope your treatment works well for you.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    My cat, Clementine, comfortably sitting on my winter jacket that was waiting to be washed.

My beloved Clementine died about 90 minutes ago. From what the vet told me, it was a thrombus that killed her. She died in my arms, relatively peacefully considering. She was 12 1/2 and diabetic; I was giving her insulin shots twice a day.

Je t'aime tellement, ma belle|

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I'm so sorry, sweetie. :::bighug:::

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    @marodi , I'm so sorry to hear that. *hugs*

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    @marodi Awwww pussy cat. So sorry for your loss.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I'm so sorry, Marodi.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

How fucked was your day?

RIP, Clementine. :-( Hugs to you, Marodi. I'm glad you got to hold her while she transitioned to the other side. Until you meet again.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I hate seeing people lose their friends. Someone in my town died today in a car accident, and they were only 21. While I didn't know them, I can't help but feel bad.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    My cat, Clementine, comfortably sitting on my winter jacket that was waiting to be washed.

My beloved Clementine died about 90 minutes ago. From what the vet told me, it was a thrombus that killed her. She died in my arms, relatively peacefully considering. She was 12 1/2 and diabetic; I was giving her insulin shots twice a day.

Je t'aime tellement, ma belle|
    Aww, that sucks. Sorry to hear.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Thank you so much everyone. You're all helping me feel a bit better about her passing. I'm mostly all right, except when I suddenly start crying in the middle of doing something... The place feels so empty now.

@allegro: I was glad for that favor too. It would have been 100 times more terrible if I had came home to find her already dead.
    Last edited by marodi; 11-28-2012 at 03:43 PM. Reason: oh wait, it worked!

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    my mother has been sick for almost two weeks now, and she isn't getting any better. I've been saying we should take her to the hospital, but everyone else in the family wants to take her to see the local incompetent MD. We already took her to this guy, and he didn't figure out what was wrong. She should be in a hospital.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Pull rank, take her to a hospital.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    unfortunately I cannot pull rank. My dad is opposed to this as well, and he's not listening to what I'm saying.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

How fucked was your day?

I did something to my lower back at the gym. A low, mild pain. mostly, I can't bare any weight or lift my legs like a normal person. I'm hoping a few more days of rest is all it needs.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    At least she's getting medical attention. I hope she pulls through, Jinsai. <3

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

How fucked was your day?

^^ Yes, I hope so, too.

I'm also SO proud of you, Jinsai. Hang in there.
    Last edited by allegro; 12-17-2012 at 08:32 AM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Think about yourself and your mom right now, and focus on what's best for both of you, man.
    Last edited by Fixer808; 03-31-2013 at 02:46 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

How fucked was your day?

Girlfriends gran got an operation to remove her gallbladder yesterday, turns out she had a tumor on it that was causing the problems, all that was removed but some of it had spread to the bile duct that couldn't be removed, needless to say everybody's devastated as no-one saw this coming, now waitin on results from that to come back to find out how bad it really is

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    so I just got checked out of a center for for alcohol detox/rehab, and in that sense I was feeling much healthier and altogether more clear headed than I've been in years. I was feeling more like an older version of myself that I think I'd forgotten about, and I missed this headset and perspective.

However, while I was in the hospital, I had been calling up my family to ask how my mother was doing, because she's been sick for a while now, and they told me she was doing much better and was up and about. I come to find out that they were just telling me that because they didn't want me to freak out or check myself out early... she's in the hospital and hasn't been doing very well at all, and they're still not certain what's wrong, but they'll be doing some tests and a biopsy tomorrow. I'm on some level aware that if I hadn't just gone through all this and had found a new determination to not touch alcohol, I would probably be reacting to this in a completely different and unfortunate way. At least she's in a hospital now, and they're taking care of her.
    Albeit a bad way to go about it, they were looking out for your best interest. Glad to hear you're feeling better.
    Last edited by the duder; 03-31-2013 at 01:19 PM.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    stuff
    I don't know what to say, except to offer my support in some small way to you and your mom. Congratulations for finding some peace and putting yourself on track, and I hope things get better from here on out.

On another note... wow, I'm finding the holidays to be much tougher than usual this year. Horrendous bouts of depression/anxiety, particularly being a sensitive/empathetic guy with so many hurt/angry people in close proximity right now. Usually I'm able to tune it out a little, but right now I can't help but feel rotten — even though I'm so thankful for what I have and who I get the privilege of being with on Christmas. I think it's time for more therapy in the new year and a little distance from my current situation.
    Last edited by botley; 04-03-2013 at 05:31 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Been feeling moody since Friday, now feel esp shit as looks like I been left out of a thing that would have been amazing tomorrow and have no idea why. Crying.

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    so at about 4am christmas morning, my buddy's girl is shitfaced drunk, and her MPD kicks in, and comes at me with a steak knife, putting a sweet 10 stitch gash in my arm, and she puts me through the living room window, landing head first on the cement patio leaving me rather concussed.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Fat Matt View Post
    so at about 4am christmas morning, my buddy's girl is shitfaced drunk, and her MPD kicks in, and comes at me with a steak knife, putting a sweet 10 stitch gash in my arm, and she puts me through the living room window, landing head first on the cement patio leaving me rather concussed.
    Holy shit, that's insane man! What did you (or someone) do to provoke her to run after you with a steak knife? What a Christmas story to be told!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Your buddy is dating girl Steven Seagal?

Detroit-ish Area Bacon Taste: Deliciously Maple
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Holy shit, that's insane man! What did you (or someone) do to provoke her to run after you with a steak knife? What a Christmas story to be told!
    Jack Daniels provoked her.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    Your buddy is dating girl Steven Seagal?
    MARRIED TO.....

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    so... now that she's supposedly sobered up, what does she (or your friend) have to say about the fact that she stabbed you and threw you through a window?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    What you should totally do is: get drunk, stab her, throw her out of a window, then ask her how she likes it.