Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: UK Tour 2014?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

UK Tour 2014?

Apologies if this is in the wrong place...

Are we expecting the dates to be announced in the next few weeks? Normally is the case once the festival shows are out of the ways and with all the publicity recently and the record out next week it would make sense.

Hoping to Apollo type venues - not sure if they are big enough for arenas - didn't enjoy the 02 show in 2009, particularly. Not bad, by any stretch, but so much better at Brixton/Manc apollo...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Dates will come as soon as they're finalised. Prob a few weeks into the tension tour.

And I'll think we'll get arenas again if we've been promised the full visuals

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I thought he was being cagey about that kind of thing in the interview. But yeah, I'd say expect dates to be announced in November.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    yupppp and i am following this tour around as much as i can. certainly the london dates(hopefully more than one) and a manchester date

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'd guess dates will be announced closer to January than November, but what do I know?

Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    O2 again I reckon, though I'd rather Brixton or Hammersmith

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    ya brixton is the ideal venue
    i saw sigur ros there few months back and had quite a big production on that stage so who knows.
    i expect wembley or o2. just hope for multiple dates.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I doubt it will be as long as November....there is a bit of buz around NIN at the minute, and I think the promoter will want to capitalize on that.

Tickets seem to go on sale pretty early these days - off to see Peter Gabriel in October and those came out in October 2012...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Wouldn't have imagined they would be big enough for an arena tour, but then I'm surprised that QOTSA are playing one, so what do I know?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Given the greatest hits sets at festivals & the very accessible dancey new album, I reckon he's going for big arena spectacular. 2009 showed he can sell out a UK arena. Would love to be proved wrong & see them at Brixton though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    2009 showed he can sell out a UK arena... with Jane's Addiction on the same bill

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Hoping for a couple of London dates - though I'd be surprised if they sold out 2 nights out the O2, so maybe somehwere like Wembley is more likely. Shame, can't stand the place. Would prefer Brixton, but can't really see them doing another 4 night run a la Performance. Was hoping to catch them a couple of times in London and a Brum.

Ideally though, Folkestone Leas Cliff Hall...! If Ozzy can still play there.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    he could do a few nights in brixton . sigur ros did like three and sold out each one. nails would do that easily

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    If there's a Scottish date (which I pray to god there will be) I'd expect it to be the hydro, would be big enough for the sort of stage show they've put on so far and also seems to be the new venue everyone's goin to be playing at

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I hope they tour in January or Feb instead i cant wait 7-8 months to April! Gonna try go to as many shows as possible, i would prefer 4-Brixton/Hammersmith shows rather than a massive O2 arena show. I loved the 2007 tour.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    to scotty79
    trent always goes to scotland i think they will go to the hydro it makes sence but the barrowlands shows were awesome

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Scotland plz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The 2009 dates sold in bigger venues in the Uk because of the spin of it being a "Farewell" tour. He's always seemed to prefer multiple nights at Brixton Academy sized venues than fill one larger place anyway. Still, would be nice just for once to actually have a full North American arena production come over, we never got the full Fragile, SD, WT or LITS productions, just very stripped down ones.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Fingers crossed for Brixton Academy. O2 Arena is okay, but I'm not into the size. Still, a NIN show in a huge venue is better than no NIN show at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i still don't know what i would prefer seeing them multiple nights at brixton or a full tension stage show which will probably only be 1 night

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't care, they just need to come to places other than just Birmingham, Manchester, Glasgow and London this time. Maybe Sheffield, Liverpool or Newcastle could be added.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UnjollyIrishman View Post
    I don't care, they just need to come to places other than just Birmingham, Manchester, Glasgow and London this time. Maybe Sheffield, Liverpool or Newcastle could be added.
    It's possible but I would prepare to travel to see them just incase

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

UK Tour 2014?

I hope they come to Edinburgh again. Glasgow gets all the good music... Blah.

Also,I hope they announce the dates SOON... Before I drop an obscene amount of money going to the States to see a few more shows!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by antpatty View Post
    i still don't know what i would prefer seeing them multiple nights at brixton or a full tension stage show which will probably only be 1 night
    Much as would love to see them on multiple nights, I'd love to see something akin to the LITS production over here.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

UK Tour 2014?

A return to Newcastle would be great (his first English tour venue was NCL, fact fans) but if it's an arena tour... The arena in NCL sucks. The smaller academy venue would be ideal.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UnjollyIrishman View Post
    Because you're unable to sit on the Transpennine Express for 90 minutes?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

UK Tour 2014?

Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    Because you're unable to sit on the Transpennine Express for 90 minutes?
    For many, including me, it's two train fares and a hotel per gig.

Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    You have to remember they need to be sure to sell tickets. They can't be playing in some farm in Shropshire for 12 people, playing smaller areas means less turnout, and playing large arenas in the big cities means people will come from far to see them. Ideally, yes, we'd all have an intimate club show in our hometown. But realistically, people are gonna have to travel.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

UK Tour 2014?

Obviously. NCL is more than 100 miles from Manchester or Edinburgh, the two nearest venues. The academy I suggested is equivalent to Manchester's and Glasgow's academy venues which NIN regularly play. I appreciate that perhaps there isn't enough of an audience in the ~100 mile radius around ncl to justify a stop, and fans big enough to be on ets will travel anyway. It's more of a frustration because its a pattern that repeats with loads of acts, and I wouldn't commit to spending >250 per gig for many other groups. I suspect the issue isn't demand, but that our venues are shite at negotiating with promoters.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

UK Tour 2014?

Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Obviously. NCL is more than 100 miles from Manchester or Edinburgh, the two nearest venues. The academy I suggested is equivalent to Manchester's and Glasgow's academy venues which NIN regularly play. I appreciate that perhaps there isn't enough of an audience in the ~100 mile radius around ncl to justify a stop, and fans big enough to be on ets will travel anyway. It's more of a frustration because its a pattern that repeats with loads of acts, and I wouldn't commit to spending >250 per gig for many other groups. I suspect the issue isn't demand, but that our venues are shite at negotiating with promoters.
    250 PER GIG?!?! Eh... No!