Page 125 of 132 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,750 of 3944

Thread: Controversial Nine Inch Nails opinions

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    Well, in their defense, about 90 percent of the subject matter in this podcast is not fantasy, it's mostly quite realistic factual description of how nine inch nails started, how it progressed and how it endures to this day.
    Let's not kid ourselves, it's purely entertainment. Not much critical value.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    I love that video despite the fact it's got elements of the studio version dubbed over the December 1, 1999 performance.
    Perhaps. But to be fair, most (if not all of) AATCHB is overdubbed.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    Nope and i also think JLYI is overrated
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    Oh and i still can't stand Complication
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Why am I not surprised?
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Not sure how you can think it's great and also not see what's so special about it, but okay...
    I don't know why I still find this rather amusing, but I still do, and this is coming from somebody that is of the opinion that Just Like You Imagined and Complication are among some of the best moments on The Fragile, ever. I'm sure it's just how it was worded, along with the outcomes.

It wasn't until I saw this post that helped me understand it a bit more, as @Dryalex12 used to hate NIN. (I'm not picking on you, but it really helped me finally understand. I already accepted you not being a fan of those songs though, but that post just really made it all click for me. That also seems like an ultimate NIN confession post as well. If anything, you're still one of my favorite posters to follow, so I always try my best to see where you're coming from.)

I'm also absolutely not trying to say/imply that would be your end-all and be-all reasons to not like songs that I like either, but if I used to hate a band or just not like a band, I could see how that would actually increase my chances of not being into songs/albums/videos that the majority of the fan-base actually likes or even adores.

https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...978#post440978
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 12-09-2018 at 09:20 AM.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Just like you imagined and Complication owe much of the respect/disrespect to their placement directly after The fragile and Starfuckers inc. - the centerpieces to both sides of the record. I have zero doubt that people will deny that connection, but that's what this topic is for anyway...

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    This probably isn't controversial for fans but I wish Trent would release more videos, I just don't personally believe every video has to make some massive artistic statement. Some of my most memorable videos from my youth are Duran Duran ones or Ultravox' Loves great adventure. They weren't making some big political (or artistic) statement.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    @WorzelG - I totally see what mean there. Perhaps simplicity and/or minimalism are the words? As much as I love the visuals and special effects on Closer and The Perfect Drug, I'm also able to actually sit through the entirety of Gave Up (The non-Broken version.), March Of The Pigs (The version that ended up on Closure.), The Hand That Feeds and the first Came Back Haunted.

I suppose those videos can speak for themselves in regards to what you just said. Oh, and now that you just reminded me, if only Every Day Is Exactly The Same and Everything saw the light of day. If only. Anyway, I'm in complete agreement with you all the way on that.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Now here's somebody that totally loathes and abhors Bad Witch, Add Violence and Not The Actual Events, and goes as far as to say that Nine Inch Nails went downhill since With Teeth, all while defending Quantum550. I'll understand if you're also wondering if Mr Kray is also Quantum550, as do I.

I also thought I'd post this before 2018 ends, since this is still the year of the whole "Quantum550: suck my entire cock." incident, and it turns out that this video was actually uploaded on October 18, 2018. He also disabled the comments on his video, and it has more dislikes than likes so far. And yes, aside from "nowhere", I figured this type of video would at the very least belong here in terms of "archival purposes/reasons", since the very tone and words used in this video would stir controversy anyway while potentially derailing the Bad Witch thread and even the NIN Spotting 2018 thread.

Anyway, I obviously disagree, considering how I love With Teeth, Year Zero, Hesitation Marks and Add Violence, but I'm always interested in ETS's general reactions/responses/opinions to such things.

And assuming that Mr Kray is actually Quantum550, or just knows about ETS, I could see why he also disabled the comments. (I'm also not necessarily implying that's the absolute only reason for disabling the comments, but it's still very much possible.)

This also seems to be the only video Mr Kray uploaded on his YouTube channel so far. I almost forgot to mention that as well.

Last edited by Halo Infinity; 12-15-2018 at 09:05 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I can't be arsed to look at some dude's rant video when he shoots the damn thing in portrait mode.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    Now here's somebody that totally loathes and abhors Bad Witch, Add Violence and Not The Actual Events, and goes as far as to say that Nine Inch Nails went downhill since With Teeth, all while defending Quantum550. I'll understand if you're also wondering if Mr Kray is also Quantum550, as do I.

I also thought I'd post this before 2018 ends, since this is still the year of the whole "Quantum550: suck my entire cock." incident, and it turns out that this video was actually uploaded on October 18, 2018. He also disabled the comments on his video, and it has more dislikes than likes so far. And yes, aside from "nowhere", I figured this type of video would at the very least belong here in terms of "archival purposes/reasons", since the very tone and words used in this video would stir controversy anyway while potentially derailing the Bad Witch thread and even the NIN Spotting 2018 thread.

Anyway, I obviously disagree, considering how I love With Teeth, Year Zero, Hesitation Marks and Add Violence, but I'm always interested in ETS's general reactions/responses/opinions to such things.

And assuming that Mr Kray is actually Quantum550, or just knows about ETS, I could see why he also disabled the comments. (I'm also not necessarily implying that's the absolute only reason for disabling the comments, but it's still very much possible.)

This also seems to be the only video Mr Kray uploaded on his YouTube channel so far. I almost forgot to mention that as well.

Im all for having a differing opinion, but this dude is a piece of human garbage.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Anyone over the age of 13 calling someone a cunt or a motherfucker - because they collaborated with one of their favorite artists and changed their sound in a way they don't like - is kind of sad.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I hate conservatives. I hate Christians. I hate Muslims. I hate SJWs. I hate Israel. In the words of the once great Trent Reznor, don't think you're having all the fun; you know me I hate everyone. Don't like what I have to say? Then make like your mother's hand on my cock and beat it (If you tell me you're "PC" I'm going to assume that means pretentious cocksucker)
    Subscribed.

Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    I'm sure I've said it before but I'm saying it again

Fragile Deviation does not deserve its own halo, breaking up the trilogy and separating it from its parent album

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post

Fragile Deviation does not deserve its own halo, breaking up the trilogy and separating it from its parent album
    This is my opinion, too. Something like Halo 14D would have made much more sense. Or, if there are many planned for release, perhaps it might have started a new numbering system (Halo/Seed/Deviations).

Too late now.

Edit: Also, the guy in the video above can suck my entire cock.
    Last edited by katara; 12-17-2018 at 04:48 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    14D would have made more sense than making it Halo 30. The PHM remaster was 2R, and TDS Anniversary was 8DE. I agree with making Deviations a new numbering system, since it was literally called Deviations 1. I know TR probably planned more Deviations releases (be they other albums or a Fragile: Deviations 2 with vocals), but I really would have preferred he left off the 1 from the title if it wasn't going to be a new numbering system. And because I have a feeling the "Deviations 2" is never going to come to fruition just like so many other abandoned ideas.

Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    14D would have made more sense than making it Halo 30. The PHM remaster was 2R, and TDS Anniversary was 8DE. I agree with making Deviations a new numbering system, since it was literally called Deviations 1. I know TR probably planned more Deviations releases (be they other albums or a Fragile: Deviations 2 with vocals), but I really would have preferred he left off the 1 from the title if it wasn't going to be a new numbering system. And because I have a feeling the "Deviations 2" is never going to come to fruition just like so many other abandoned ideas.
    Everyone I talk to about it wants YZ to be 2, but I feel 2 is more likely to be TDS. I think it will come though

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    14DeezNuts

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Microwave Jellyfish View Post
    Subscribed.
    It's like a 13-year-old on x-box live. I'm cringing into a puddle on the floor.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

And given TR’s attention to detail I’m at a loss as to why he did that too.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I think it’s clear - Deviations is not the original. It’s a new take on it based on where TR was at recently in life, kind of excavating the past. It is it’s own composition for its own time and this deserves its own Halo.

Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    I think it’s clear - Deviations is not the original. It’s a new take on it based on where TR was at recently in life, kind of excavating the past. It is it’s own composition for its own time and this deserves its own Halo.
    So where's Still's Halo number

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    So where's Still's Halo number
    It had one. 17. It's CD2. You wouldn't call the second disc of The Fragile a separate Halo either, no?

Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    It had one. 17. It's CD2. You wouldn't call the second disc of The Fragile a separate Halo either, no?
    Disc 2 wasn't released 2 years later

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Disc 2 wasn't released 2 years later
    What? Still was released in 2002 simultaneously with AATCHB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oooooooof, that video up there rustles my Jimmies in lots of different ways.
    First of all, the so-called "review" doesn't point out anything particularly wrong with the album. He just says "it sucks because I say so". People might be curious on why he thinks the album sucks but he gives no reason. Isn't that the whole point of a review?
    Second of all, he barely talks about the album and moreso the fanbase and the current state of NIN (if him calling Atticus a cunt wasn't a big giveaway).
    Lastly, yeh, portrait angle with the black borders. It's distracting me from his beautiful face.
    Overall this review is crippling awful, and would be a good resource to show people how to not to do a review. He's not wrong for having a negative view on Bad Witch, but the way he expresses it is insulting on so many levels.

Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    Dead Souls is boring as fuck.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Just curious about what era you got into NIN. Was is later? I remember The Crow coming out and this being one of the first songs by NIN I ever heard. More recently I got into Koy Division over the past couple years and I appreciate it all the more. But hey, everyone’s entitled to their view, especially on this thread.

Mentioned
    371 Post(s)
    Koy Division

(this is an actual band and i am cracking up about it)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Controversial Nine Inch Nails opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Back when people had answering machines, that song would play when you called me and I didn’t answer.

“They keep calling me” har har

I love dead souls especially at the end when he gets all scream-y. But I also loved the soundtrack and the movie.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    I like/love NIN’s version of Dead Souls. Joy Division? Not so much. That one song NIN just covered is pretty lame IMO.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    In terms of music I find the trilogy of EP’s to be some of their best releases since The Fragile. Hover, in terms of an overall cohesive release I think it is probably the most disappointed I have been by them. I don’t feel like it works as a single “album” when listening together. It feels like they changed direction with each release and it just doesn’t make sense as a whole. It makes it difficult to enjoy because when I listen to it I am to preoccupied with trying to find the themes that really tie everything together. I wish they hadn’t mentioned that they were meant to work as a single release/concept and hadn’t peppered in those Easter eggs (extra lyrics, references to old material, etc.). Individually I think they work much better on their own.