Page 159 of 160 FirstFirst ... 59 109 149 157 158 159 160 LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,770 of 4778

Thread: Controversial Nine Inch Nails opinions

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quite the opposite for me, I have to skip track 3 and stop at 4. I really cannot stand "Bowie" Reznor.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    I was trying to think of least favorite tracks and then I realized I was just naming off the entire YZ record lol

The remix album is pretty sweet though.
    I love every little bit about YZ, besides Survivalism. I wish they'd stop playing it live too, easily the least interesting song on the album. Play My Violent Heart or Vessel!! And the remix album is maybe my least favourite halo of them all, barring 1 and 11. The Me, I'm Not remix is a disgrace to this planet and whoever made it should be pelted with tomatoes. Combine that with an extremely overpriced record (a whole blank side and you didnt do anything with it? For shame..), and the whole deal leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    ...don't get me started on Kinda I Want To and That's What I Get.
    Kinda I Want To is the best song on PHM

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prick View Post
    Kinda I Want To is the best song on PHM
    https://www.youtube.com/shorts/UD1-oVJlU4M

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwarzerAbt View Post
    Bad Witch is a good EP if you start it on Track 3. The first two songs really don't fit the mood of the record.

Also, Shit Mirror is much better live!
    Agree. I like Shit Mirror/Ahead Of Ourselves and both are even better live, but Bad Witch really shines from Track 3 until the end.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    whoever made it should be pelted with tomatoes.
    It's pretty much a Olof Dreijer (under his Oni Ayhun moniker) song with NIN vocals on top somewhere in the middle. Dreijer's stuff is very progressive, organic, electronic kinda techno stuff. Very Coil-y. I think it's fantastic. I can see why TR dug it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    "Icehouse" is the best cover TR has ever done. "Fashion" comes 2nd. "Eyes without a Face" comes 3rd.

(I'm so obsessed with Icehouse these days, song is stuck in my head for atleast a week, it's maddening how I wake up and its in my head. ☆ THE DEVIL LIVES INSIDE THE ICEHOUSE ☆).
    Last edited by shagg_187; 10-21-2022 at 12:32 PM.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    It's pretty much a Olof Dreijer (under his Oni Ayhun moniker) song with NIN vocals on top somewhere in the middle. Dreijer's stuff is very progressive, organic, electronic kinda techno stuff. Very Coil-y. I think it's fantastic. I can see why TR dug it.
    Remix albums are always a mixed, slightly tacky bag. Honestly the only remix album I really like is Further Down The Spiral, because it feels cohesive.
    With that said, I'm totally on board for remixes like that one, because at least it does away with the most problematic part of any remix : being the song, but worse.

Let's be honest here, remixes are rarely a revelation or even an interesting reinvention. Change a bleep for a bloop, pump the BPMs up or slow it all the hell down, dump half the instrumentals and replace them with your latest plugin...
    At best they're a sort of guilty pleasure for me, like the Ruiner of Heresy remixes ; they're the lowbrow, gym rat versions of perfect tracks. I love them, for all the wrong reasons.

And then sometimes a guy just takes a sledgehammer to the whole thing and makes it something completely different. I respect that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I would pay 100 euro to see nine inch nails live in berlin this year, but only with a new album out. i wouldn't pay for another greatest hits-tour. i kinda got bored of the same again and again. "doesn't it make you feel better?" no.
    i would like to see "over and out" and "burning bright" live though. my wish would be an entire new album plus some deep cuts.
    Last edited by notsoprettynow; 01-06-2023 at 07:08 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    another controversial opinion: TR shouldn't remix Peter Gabriel again. He should stay away from BDS-Stuff.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    another controversial opinion: "Hesitation Marks" is awesome, nearly a masterpiece. I want to see "I would for you" live some day.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by notsoprettynow View Post
    another controversial opinion: TR shouldn't remix Peter Gabriel again. He should stay away from BDS-Stuff.
    Two different opinions and I disagree with both.
    another controversial opinion: "Hesitation Marks" is awesome, nearly a masterpiece. I want to see "I would for you" live some day.

Agree with this one!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    another controversial opinion: TR shouldn't remix Peter Gabriel again.
    Damn. That Peter Gabriel remix is one of the best remixes he's ever done in my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I love every little bit about YZ, besides Survivalism. I wish they'd stop playing it live too, easily the least interesting song on the album. Play My Violent Heart or Vessel!! And the remix album is maybe my least favourite halo of them all, barring 1 and 11. The Me, I'm Not remix is a disgrace to this planet and whoever made it should be pelted with tomatoes. Combine that with an extremely overpriced record (a whole blank side and you didnt do anything with it? For shame..), and the whole deal leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Yeah Survivalism was a banger to me when I first started listening to NIN, but it hasn't aged well compared to most of the other singles/hits.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I find Survivalism so repetitious & therefore...tedious. I think it would have benefitted from breaking out of it's main structure & switching tempos or something at some point.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    I find Survivalism so repetitious & therefore...tedious. I think it would have benefitted from breaking out of it's main structure & switching tempos or something at some point.
    I sort of agree, and the way Ilan changed the drum part on the second verse to a more upbeat version since '09 was definitely an improvement.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    I find YZ to be soulless, and the more time passes the less I like it. I love the sound, I love the experimentation, but it just never goes right... Something to do with Reznor's delivery I think, I'm not sure, but as much as I loved the new sound when it released, it's the one album I regularly try to revisit and never really dig. With Teeth had the opposite trajectory, funny enough...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sanctified and something I can never have ruin the flow of phm. maybe just once and purest feeling should of been in the tracklist.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zur En Arrh View Post
    purest feeling should of been in the tracklist.
    I gotta wonder how this would have sounded "PHMified"

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zur En Arrh View Post
    Sanctified and something I can never have ruin the flow of phm. maybe just once and purest feeling should of been in the tracklist.
    Not sure how those two tracks ruin the flow of the album, but Purest Feeling wouldn't.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I don't think Starfuckers is that bad.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    It's not, the lyrics are a bit (a tad) Bro Rock, but I'll blast it regularly. It should have remained a B-Side, though, it sticks out on The Fragile, it's part of a completely different album made in 1997 where The Perfect Drug is the other single.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I think Atticus and Claudia should drop a new 12 Rounds album, while Trent and Mariqueen drop a new How To Destroy Angels, before releasing a new NIN album.
    Last edited by nihilmatters; 04-03-2023 at 01:33 PM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    it’s not that bad, it’s a nine inch nails song but if i had to pick, i’d leave it at the bottom of great nin songs.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    the best NIN release is the Deviations version of The Fragile, and it's really weird that there's no digital version, even if it's fun to crack out the vinyl. It's not just "fragile karaoke," this is the most underrated thing Reznor has ever made. I like it better than the original album.

this thing: https://www.nin.wiki/The_Fragile:_Deviations_1

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I like it better than the original album.
    Sir, either you jest, or have lost what poor amount of mind the lord had granted you. I advise you to go 30 days in the desert and find it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    the best NIN release is the Deviations version of The Fragile, and it's really weird that there's no digital version, even if it's fun to crack out the vinyl. It's not just "fragile karaoke," this is the most underrated thing Reznor has ever made. I like it better than the original album.

There's no digital version? Why did my purchase come with a 3.2GB download of 24/96 FLACs and a PDF?

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

I feel that way about Ghosts

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yeah never fond of Survivalism.
    Have to say, if fits the them of the record though. Always thought it sounded like some kind Election chant.
    But not something id actually like or want to listen to.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avarik View Post
    There's no digital version? Why did my purchase come with a 3.2GB download of 24/96 FLACs and a PDF?
    Mine didn't seem to, and I asked my friend who had it as well and he didn't get a download code either.
    And @Khrz, sorry, I like the Deviations version better.

I do know how the internet works though... I can torrent it. I don't need to rip the vinyl. Just weird that it isn't for sale digitally.