Page 127 of 160 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 137 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,810 of 4778

Thread: Controversial Nine Inch Nails opinions

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by acrid avid jam shred View Post
    Memorabilia is amazing! That noisy beat is so damn cool, it's one of my favourites for sure.
    You're not wrong, but have you heard the original? It's identical

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    You're not wrong, but have you heard the original? It's identical
    It's identical in song structure, but it sounds completely different. Completely different beats, different synths, no funky bass line, different vocal delivery.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Thanks to cheeto face for preventing me from possibly ever enjoying "The Fragile" again with the line about building a wall.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    Memorabilia is not only the worst NIN cover song, but it might be the worst NIN song period.
    Zoo Station is worse.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Zoo Station is worse.
    I can hum Zoo Station, though.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    I can hum Zoo Station, though.
    Good point!

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Not sure if it counts since it was never technically recorded and released, but my vote probably goes to that Joy Division song (Digital?) that was covered during the last tour. I don’t think it’s much of a bad cover, just that the song itself is terrible.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Not sure if it counts since it was never technically recorded and released, but my vote probably goes to that Joy Division song (Digital?) that was covered during the last tour. I don’t think it’s much of a bad cover, just that the song itself is terrible.
    Aw man. I disagree with all the last comments but I guess that’s the whole purpose of this thread. Zoo Station, Digital, Memorabilia are all great to me. But maybe it has to do with what other music you listen to. I actually like Joy Division and U2.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I think every cover NIN's done in studio is good.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Zoo Station is worse.
    I honestly think the Zoo Station cover was for U2 rather than the world at large. Zooropa was U2 experimenting and rather than industrial it up, TR dialled it back and U2’d it up. I think it was a mark of respect for Bono

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I've got to throw my two cents in here: NIN's Memorabilia is one of my favorite songs by ANYONE, and one of the sexiest songs of all time, imho.

And Zoo Station- I somehow managed to not hear that one until fairly recently, and I was really impressed. And, like @WorzelG , i, too, think it was meant to be a nod to U2.

Also, here's a controversial opinion, while I'm at it: I would absolutely LOVE an NIN album full of 80s covers that are extremely similar to the originals. I'd like to hear Trent sing a track by Depeche Mode, Tears For Fears, Let's Dance era Bowie, A-Ha, Billy Idol and the like.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I'd like to hear Trent sing a track by... Billy Idol and the like.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Of course, @fillow , but I want it done now, and in the studio, and MORE of it. The fact that he covered that song back then makes me wonder how many other songs of the era he sang when finding his sound, you know?

Imagine him doing that one, for instance, but with nice production, singing more like he does now.
    Last edited by elevenism; 02-25-2019 at 08:15 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    There MUST be a video of a full show of The Urge if they filmed this much, wouldn’t they have tapes so people could see what they were like before hiring them? I would donate to release such a thing

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Im not gonna lie, I love me some Billy Idol and Eyes Without a Face is one of my favorite tracks.

Shock To the System is another. Go Trent, man of good taste. I would love to hear him cover some DM.

Your Silent Face would be a good one too, and we know TR loves his Joy Division covers so it makes sense.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    There MUST be a video of a full show of The Urge if they filmed this much, wouldn’t they have tapes so people could see what they were like before hiring them? I would donate to release such a thing

"i just picked two words that rhymed and then put them together: i picked "the" and "urge"; the urge"

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Imagine him doing that one, for instance, but with nice production, singing more like he does now.
    Ironically, TR's vocal style on Bad Witch is more similar to that Eyes Without A Face performance than anything else in the Nine Inch Nails portfolio.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Maybe Just Once should've been on PHM instead of Kinda I Want To. Could've been a single contender, maybe.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post

"i just picked two words that rhymed and then put them together: i picked "the" and "urge"; the urge"
    Is that what they named themselves after then? This is like cartoon Spinal Tap

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Maybe Just Once should've been on PHM instead of Kinda I Want To. Could've been a single contender, maybe.
    PHM should have MJO, PF and KIWT

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    That EXIT sign deserved it.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    @MrLobster - Because he's the exit, right? On the other hand, the beer didn't deserve it though.

Last edited by Halo Infinity; 03-01-2019 at 11:31 PM.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Dude, that was MY beer.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Is that what they named themselves after then? This is like cartoon Spinal Tap
    it basically is cartoon spinal tap, but more ridiculous. the plot of the episode is that rigby sees this and decides to change his name to "trash boat" but immediately regrets it. then The Urge travels back in time from the future where he is disgraced and attempts to kill rigby for stealing his thunder by changing his name to something cooler than "the urge"

regular show is my favorite

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    The DVD/VHS versions of "And All That Could Have Been: Live" are superior to the CD version.

Maybe it's the Dolby (digital stereo or 5.1), maybe it's something else... but yeah. That's where I stand.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    The DVD/VHS versions of "And All That Could Have Been: Live" are superior to the CD version.

Maybe it's the Dolby (digital stereo or 5.1), maybe it's something else... but yeah. That's where I stand.
    Oh I agree - the CD version has that weird thing too where some things sound watery especially cymbals. My only complaint with the DVD audio is that it doesn't include The Day The World Went Away as a part of the main set.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    The Octopus bootleg of Woodstock 94 isn't that bad. Yeah, we can tell there were performance issues but as an overall capture of NIN live in that era, I think it holds up.

Also, if anyone happens to have that "Live To Air" vinyl pressing and are willing to sell it, if the price is reasonable I'll take it off your hands. ... Same with "Pretty Hate Machine Sessions"
    Last edited by MrLobster; 03-06-2019 at 01:28 PM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Are there NIN songs you guys DON'T like?
    I don't mean ones your just tired of.

I REALLY don't like THTF. I guess I kind of convinced myself I liked it when it came out?
    But, no.
    I actively dislike that shit. :/

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    I don't mean ones your just tired of.

I REALLY don't like THTF. I guess I kind of convinced myself I liked it when it came out?
    But, no.
    I actively dislike that shit. :/
    I preferred it when it appeared mid-set during the WT tour. Becoming a staple show closer made it become really tiresome for me.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Not really. There may be songs that I don't listen to all that much (*cough* half of Pretty Hate Machine *cough*), but I can still find stuff I like about them. I mean, there's so much crap out there, so any Nine Inch Nails song is going to look like a diamond by comparison.