Page 88 of 160 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 138 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,640 of 4778

Thread: Controversial Nine Inch Nails opinions

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i don't like sunspots. i don't find it sexy, like most people do. i find it kind of tedious. it's definitely my least-favorite song on With Teeth. and the vacuum cleaner solo is much better suited to the live version of sanctified that showed up in 2013.
    I agree with you on many things but I will fight you

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    For me what makes Sunspots is that it almost gets you into a lull and you start to feel like you know everywhere it's going to go, only for that incredible climax with Trent's yelling and the blender synth kicking into overdrive, it's incredible -- it goes from this quiet and simmering flirtation with addiction to this roaring and all-consuming thing and I think it's a fantastic signal into the third act of the album.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I agree with you on many things but I will fight you
    as long as it's a sexy fight, i'm in

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlGirl View Post
    "Happiness In Slavery" is a terrible, terrible song.
    what the fuck

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I listen to Before the Flood more than Not the Actual Events. I think that was the better release last year.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I didn't care for Pino at all. I would much rather of had Les Claypool in that spot for bass guru.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papagolash View Post
    I didn't care for Pino at all. I would much rather of had Les Claypool in that spot for bass guru.
    I understand where you're coming from with this statement but Les' bass tone would not sit in well at all with the sound of NIN. It would have to be Les not sounding like Les for it to work.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The Twin Peaks episode got me thinking that I'd take Joey Castillo over Ilan Rubin on drums. Just to change things up. New drummer = new fresh drum fills, and I wasn't a big fan of Ilan's fills ever since he joined.
    Last edited by fillow; 06-26-2017 at 03:36 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    My controversial opinion based on the Twin Peaks performance: Atticus is purposely writing absurdly simple basslines knowing he'll have to play them live.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbeyond View Post
    I understand where you're coming from with this statement but Les' bass tone would not sit in well at all with the sound of NIN. It would have to be Les not sounding like Les for it to work.
    Agree about Les and I didn't like Pino either, but if TR was looking for a fat, dirty bass sound...Rush is over and Geddy Lee is still active and wanting to play!! Wishful thinking, I know, but his bass playing blows Pino out of the water AND he moves around!! Bonus!!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimatebdp View Post
    Agree about Les and I didn't like Pino either, but if TR was looking for a fat, dirty bass sound...Rush is over and Geddy Lee is still active and wanting to play!! Wishful thinking, I know, but his bass playing blows Pino out of the water AND he moves around!! Bonus!!
    the problem is that, while trent allowed for pino's style to come through while he was in NIN, i doubt many other bass players who have such defined styles would be able to pull it off as the bass player in NIN. i think trent is best off having a solid player who can play the songs the way they were written, with passion and intensity. and that player is atticus, which is why i'm so glad he's finally an official member of the band.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlGirl View Post
    "Happiness In Slavery" is a terrible, terrible song.
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Nice try Trent, not gonna stop people asking it to be played
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribbitman View Post
    what the fuck
    I laughed way more than I probably should've. These are probably by far some of the best posts of this thread ever as of late. That really was also a first for me as well, but that's what this thread is all about anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've wanted a hard copy (CS or LP) of Fragile for a long time but now that the reissue is available I think I'm content listening to it in headphones in a digital format. I'd pay $20 for a nice copy of the tapes still.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    I listen to Before the Flood more than Not the Actual Events. I think that was the better release last year.
    Strongly agree. Oftentimes I find myself with When the Sky Was Opened or Before the Flood tunes in my head and realize it's off the score. Whereas I cannot for the life of me recall how any of the new NTAE tracks go...
    Last edited by Miss.Selfdestruct; 07-06-2017 at 01:05 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Pino is great but too low in the mix every performance i watched.

My controversial opinion (TR not nin) is I don't really like a minute to breathe. Sounds like an inferior version of right where it belongs with touches of LITS. The na na ending is ok.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Jack White is one of the most overrated guitarists/songwriter/musicians in my lifetime. I liked TWS well enough, but they weren't THAT good. I'm very "meh" towards 00' and 10's music anyway, and he was supposed to be like Dylan/Hendrix of his generation. But really, how many great songs did he write that people will listen to in 50 years?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Jack White is one of the most overrated guitarists/songwriter/musicians in my lifetime. I liked TWS well enough, but they weren't THAT good. I'm very "meh" towards 00' and 10's music anyway, and he was supposed to be like Dylan/Hendrix of his generation. But really, how many great songs did he write that people will listen to in 50 years?
    Controversial Nine Inch Nails opinions.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    Controversial Nine Inch Nails opinions.
    Do'oh! I just typed "controversial" in the search bar and found this thread without paying attention. My apologies.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The All Time Low demo off of the TRez conversation track is so much better than the final album version that it's not even comparable. I'd almost say that Adrian and Pino totally butchered the track

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    The live version of Branches/Bones pisses all over the studio version.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I guess this counts as controversial opinion too?

The studio version of Branches/Boens is much better and it is one of few tracks that sounds much more agressive in the studio.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't like how Trent sings in "This isn't the place", for me it's like "listen to me I'm an emo I want to die blablabla".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This Isn't The Place reminds me of The Fragile and is the only NIN track apart from The Way Out Is Through that moved me in that way to the point I felt convinced the song was flawless.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    I guess this counts as controversial opinion too?

The studio version of Branches/Boens is much better and it is one of few tracks that sounds much more agressive in the studio.
    The verses definitely lose something special with those hyped up vocals as opposed to his somber, slowly building delivery on the studio version. It probably wouldn't be a good fit for a gig opener, though.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    If someone told me I could only listen to post-2005 Trent Reznor material and never hear pre-2005 Trent Reznor material for the rest of my life, as opposed to the other way around, I would gladly take that deal.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I forgot if I already posted this here. However, I doubt that it's even that controversial on ETS from what I've been noticing. (Or even controversial at all for that matter.)

And well, Everything just kept getting better the more I listened to it. To me, it's still one of the best songs from Hesitation Marks. (Copy Of A is still my most favorite song from that album though.) But Everything is very close.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pretty.hate.machine View Post
    I actually love Deep, and the video. Trent all gooey, yum.
    I love Deep. It was the "new" NIN video on TV while I was in high school, right after I had just went out and bought Broken and The Fragile, which changed my life.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pretty.hate.machine View Post
    I actually love Deep, and the video. Trent all gooey, yum.
    No need to be a controversial opinion ... Deep is one of my favorite Nine Inch Nails song. It's a shame it doesn't seem to get as much live love as it deserves.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    No need to be a controversial opinion ... Deep is one of my favorite Nine Inch Nails song. It's a shame it doesn't seem to get as much live love as it deserves.
    Deep is amazing. It's like the anti-tension.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Deep is amazing. It's like the anti-tension.
    wh...what?