Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Controversial Nine Inch Nails opinions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    * I am sick to death of Hurt, Head Like a Hole, Gave Up, and Wish.
    * I never really liked Gave Up anyway.
    * Broken is overrated.
    * Starfuckers, Inc. is underrated.
    * I am really kind of bummed about how similar all the setlists have been recently, even if it is just for festivals -- and yes, the Scala one wasn't diverse enough for me either.
    * All backup singers should stop singing, except for Alessandro Cortini, who should sing more.
    * And finally, I miss Aaron North. Not his playing, just him.

Whew, that felt good.
    Last edited by chroipahtz; 08-22-2013 at 01:50 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chroipahtz View Post
    * I never really liked Gave Up anyway.
    yes
    * Starfuckers, Inc. is underrated.
    YES
    * All backup singers should stop singing, except for Alessandro Cortini, who should sing more.
    YES! [edit: I mean, no, Finck should sing too, but Ally should sing louder]
    * And finally, I miss Aaron North. Not his playing, just him.
    YES YES YES!!!

jesus fuckin christ do I miss Aaron?????? I mean Finckster is the man but GOD Aaron was so fucking awesome. fucking dangerous, man, he could do anything. he broke stuff, he jumped on stuff, he fockin wrecked the shit out of his guitars and amps. that man had some serious balls

and btw, ever since Live: With Teeth, my fav member (except for Trent of course) was always Ally. I love him on Live: Beside You In Time. plus, his solo stuff as SONOIO made me cry a lot. this dude is my god

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hani View Post
    his solo stuff as SONOIO made me cry a lot. this dude is my god
    It's so good. It's so fucking good. Listen to modwheelmood if you haven't, too. Specifically Pearls to Pigs. A better collection of earworms, I've never found.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    It's so good. It's so fucking good. Listen to modwheelmood if you haven't, too. Specifically Pearls to Pigs. A better collection of earworms, I've never found.
    oooh yes, Pearls to Pigs is awesome. I usually sing Problem Me when in the shower

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    oooh yes, Pearls to Pigs is awesome. I usually sing Problem Me when in the shower
    Sounds like a personal problem

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OSLIN View Post
    Sounds like a personal problem
    the song is not about THAT problem, it's just pretty catchy

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    the song is not about THAT problem, it's just pretty catchy
    Just mute video on right.

http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=o41rgQeY7Xo&start1=0&video2=FTofjcxXHqA&st art2=0&authorName=OSLIN
    Last edited by OSLIN; 08-22-2013 at 03:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I miss North as well. Is it in the minority to like the end of The Great Destroyer? Cause I love that entire song!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I also don't like Piggy very much

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I didn't realize people didn't like the slip. But I would assume my controversial opinion would be.... Well, not so much here among other fans. But the look I get when I say I don't think Closer is a fun happy fuck song as much as it is a desperate, dark and depressing song. People think I'm insane.

Sad, my first post in this thread is about one of the most popular NIN songs out there. and I doubt the fact The Way Out is Through is not only my favorite NIN song but my favorite song, period, would be controversial at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Happy for the Cortini / Aaron North praise in this thread.
    I don“t know if it“s controversial at all, but to me Niggy Tardust is a much better "Trent Reznor album" than both YZ and TS. When it comes to songs and production I think in many ways HM has the same sort of flow/warmth. I love that.
    I“m also very happy that TR is actually singing again. Bring me more of that falsetto!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I think that Deep from the With_Teeth rehearsals is the best version of the song. I guess I just like it because of how fucking raw Aaron's guitar was. In fact, I would love to see Aaron to do something for NIN in the future, sadly I don't see that happening since his mental health is fucked.
    Last edited by GlitchyFlame; 03-15-2014 at 06:32 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The Slip Rehearsals are far better than the finished album.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitchyFlame View Post
    The Slip Rehearsals are far better than the finished album.
    Where can I find the rehearsals?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

This is the best version of MOTP ever played, that climax is fucking insane. @3:45-4:16 I had no clue that Trent could still do that with his voice!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That song in "Conversations with Trent Reznor" that he said he left out of Hesitation Marks because he thought it sounded too close to "Find My Way"...should've been on the album.

I like "All-Time Low" better in its slower, "unlistenable" form.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I think that the PHM version is of Sin FAR better than the Sin single versions that you usually hear. I'll also go as far to say that the single versions are annoying, the looping drums throughout the whole song sound extremely dated and repetitive.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

This is my favorite live performance of Closer. The intensity and build up to the Only Time segment was incredible. Also, when Alessandro mashed the keyboard and the end of the Only Time bit, it just added even more intensity. I love the sound of keyboards being beat to shit and or malfunctioning.
    Last edited by GlitchyFlame; 04-19-2014 at 09:58 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Ruiner is the best track on TDS.
    I can hear all the Jimmy's Rustling 1,000,000 miles away.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Controversial Nine Inch Nails opinions

The Art of Self Destruction, Part One + Self Destruction, Part 2 + Self Destruction, Part Three + Self Destruction, Final > Mr.Self Destruct

Now this is getting into serious Jimmy rustle territory.
    Last edited by GlitchyFlame; 05-02-2014 at 11:05 PM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    The Art of Self Destruction, Part One + Self Destruction, Part 2 + Self Destruction, Part Three + Self Destruction, Final> Mr.Self Destruct

Now this is getting into serious Jimmy rustle territory.
    Any version of Mr. Self Destruct > almost all of NIN's other heavy tracks. Now that's some hardcore rustling.

Oh and I think Mr. Self Destruct is the best opening to any NIN album, which apparently is far from a common opinion (everyone seems to name Somewhat Damaged, which while great really could've been moved around on the Fragile, with a lot of different songs able to serve as an opener; MSD is way too perfect/fitting as the intro to TDS and I can't imagine any other track on it doing the trick).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I like Dissapointed, the mixing is good and the lyrics are solid. But I just hate how Trent drones his lyrics. It just sounds so... forced. It's cringe worthy to hear, "If I were youuuuuuuuuuuu I wouldn't truuuuuust a single woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooord I saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay"

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I like Dissapointed, the mixing is good and the lyrics are solid. But I just hate how Trent drones his lyrics. It just sounds so... forced. It's cringe worthy to hear, "If I were youuuuuuuuuuuu I wouldn't truuuuuust a single woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooord I saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay"
    YES!! I dont understand why he did that??!?!?!?

Like I think the production quality on the vocals is unique and great. It's a really dry sounding tone that's really interesting but why for the love of God would he sing that way when his voice is so exposed O_______O. Like sit down boy you ain't Thom Yorke. LOL I always think he is trying to be Thom Yorke when I hear it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Closer to God >>> Closer
    I know that most people here are sick and tired of Closer, and i'm like minded. But it would be amazing if he started playing CTG again. I know that Closer isn't a usual "sex song" because it's really about how the protagonist using sex to be able to feel something. But there's something sexy about CTG that the original lacks. I can't point my finger on it though. It also hits you harder and harder as the song progresses. It's miles ahead of Closer.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    RWIB V2 > Hurt

Yeah, I said it.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    RWIB V2 > Hurt

Yeah, I said it.
    jesus christ, thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    RWIB V2 > Hurt

Yeah, I said it.
    RWIB album version as well. And ITT. And Zero-Sum. And SICNH.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Alessandro is the best live NIN band member (Besides Trent of course). Better than Robin, Charlie, Aaron, Jeordie, etc.

There's just something about his personality, skills, and creativity that makes him different. He puts his own spin on things.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Alessandro is the best live NIN band member (Besides Trent of course). Better than Robin, Charlie, Aaron, Jeordie, etc.

There's just something about his personality, skills, and creativity that makes him different. He puts his own spin on things.
    Ilan Rubin is pretty good too, I like him as much as Alessandro.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)

i love alessandro too, with his hissing noises during MOTP and such.

conversely, i don't think Jeordie has the chops to be playing with nin.