Page 128 of 128 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 126 127 128
Results 3,811 to 3,826 of 3826

Thread: Controversial Nine Inch Nails opinions

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Memorabilia is not only the worst NIN cover song, but it might be the worst NIN song period.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    Memorabilia is not only the worst NIN cover song, but it might be the worst NIN song period.
    I donít feel that way, but I wonder if itís because I grew up with it in the 90ís. Did you? Maybe itís one of those that you had to be there for?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Detunez View Post
    Yeah i might be horribly wrong on the low budget part but that is what it looks like to me now. Not ignoring the fact that they do not need the entire modern bells and whistles shows, just to sound good. They could perfectly do well on a standard stage. However, L.I.T.S. simply looks as if it is a canvas, a projector pointed at that canvas, and then here and there the drum machine settings panel. 2008 isn't that extremely long ago, technology back then already was more than capable of doing all that including the special controls. they might as well have used WII controllers. lol.

Though don't get me wrong. i am absolutely not hating on the show nor looking down on it.
    One thing specifically that looked lower budget in Tension than LITS was the camera system they used to interact with the screens. The screens reacted seemingly instantaneously during LITS, but with a significant delay during Tension. I bring this up because it's the only thing I didn't like about the Tension production, and I actually thought was a glitch of some kind during their first show. To me, it made the effects look significantly less professional than LITS. Still incredible, but not quite on par with what they'd done years before. Everything else was better though.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Madness. Memorabilia is so weird and doesn't follow any sort of traditional structure for long stretches. It also has so much going on. Very unique in the NIN catalog. One of my faves.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Totally disagree. So many great layers on that one. It's like a Willy Wonka-style boat ride through some sort of sexual carnival. I'd take Memorabilia over half the tracks on Pretty Hate Machine.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    I love the song, but note-for-note covers aren't super appealing to me, so I generally listen to the original

Mentioned
    368 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I love the song, but note-for-note covers aren't super appealing to me, so I generally listen to the original
    but then you miss out on "what do your nipples look like?" and who doesn't need more of that in their life?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Memorabilia is amazing! That noisy beat is so damn cool, it's one of my favourites for sure.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by acrid avid jam shred View Post
    Memorabilia is amazing! That noisy beat is so damn cool, it's one of my favourites for sure.
    You're not wrong, but have you heard the original? It's identical

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    You're not wrong, but have you heard the original? It's identical
    It's identical in song structure, but it sounds completely different. Completely different beats, different synths, no funky bass line, different vocal delivery.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Thanks to cheeto face for preventing me from possibly ever enjoying "The Fragile" again with the line about building a wall.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Zoo Station is worse.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Zoo Station is worse.
    I can hum Zoo Station, though.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I can hum Zoo Station, though.
    Good point!

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Not sure if it counts since it was never technically recorded and released, but my vote probably goes to that Joy Division song (Digital?) that was covered during the last tour. I don’t think it’s much of a bad cover, just that the song itself is terrible.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Not sure if it counts since it was never technically recorded and released, but my vote probably goes to that Joy Division song (Digital?) that was covered during the last tour. I don’t think it’s much of a bad cover, just that the song itself is terrible.
    Aw man. I disagree with all the last comments but I guess thatís the whole purpose of this thread. Zoo Station, Digital, Memorabilia are all great to me. But maybe it has to do with what other music you listen to. I actually like Joy Division and U2.