Quote Originally Posted by Papagolash View Post
I couldn't tell you what band she's in if my life depended on it.
A badass one.

Since there seems to be genuine confusion over whether my post was sarcasm - it definitely was. Karen O is a well established, talented musician known for her work with Yeah Yeah Yeahs. They're very awesome and very worth looking into for anybody who isn't familiar. Clearly Trent respects them and so should you.

This quote might not build a lot of goodwill in recruiting new fans, but I came across it while Googling for further info re: TR's opinion on YYYs* and found it funny.

"I plead total ignorance to Led Zeppelin. I am totally in the dark about them" Karen O told The Sun.

"That was the reason I could muster up whatever it took to actually cover that song. I didn't have any reverence for the track as I didn't really know it. When they asked I thought it was called 'The Pilgrim Song'".

Continuing, Karen O described her performance as "angsty". "When I went into the studio to record the song I was feeling pretty angsty. I poured all my torment into the track as Trent's section was pretty rad. It's ballsy with the primal scream in there which was really fun and liberating to do".
* Anybody know if Trent has mentioned Karen/YYYs in any interviews? All I can find is a bunch of press for Immigrant Song.