Page 154 of 154 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 152 153 154
Results 4,591 to 4,605 of 4605

Thread: Controversial Nine Inch Nails opinions

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

I mean... perhaps not quite as vivid but in spirit, yea...

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post

I mean... perhaps not quite as vivid but in spirit, yea...
    off-topic but bianca is amazing. her comics are so poignant and her wit is as sharp as the subtle knife. she's friends with several people i'm friends with IRL and i hope i get to hang out with her some day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I disagree. WAP and Closer are both incredibly arousing (I'm bi), but they're about opposite things! Closer is about self-hatred. WAP is about empowerment. Another difference is that WAP is centered around the vocals (there's almost nothing else going on in the track). Closer has so many disparate things going on that somehow sound amazing together.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I have a lot of affection for Robin Finck - his guitar playing has been fundamental to the NIN live sound for literal decades now. But I cannot stand how he plays the solo to "Ruiner" live. It's one of my favorite NIN songs, and the solo is an emotional highlight for me. But he plays it like, I dunno? Like someone just handed him a guitar and asked him to play something, and it's it's first time he's ever seen the instrument.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzkokehead View Post
    I have a lot of affection for Robin Finck - his guitar playing has been fundamental to the NIN live sound for literal decades now. But I cannot stand how he plays the solo to "Ruiner" live. It's one of my favorite NIN songs, and the solo is an emotional highlight for me. But he plays it like, I dunno? Like someone just handed him a guitar and asked him to play something, and it's it's first time he's ever seen the instrument.
    Look at it this way: this is probably one of the very few spots in a NIN show where he can improvise. So I definitely wouldn't expect a solo played exactly like it's on the record.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzkokehead View Post
    Maybe its meta since that's how Trent approached the original solo?

Edit: While I'm here. Anyone else think TR is keeping the beard so he doesn't solidify the Snape references while he grows the hair out?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    While I'm here. Anyone else think TR is keeping the beard so he doesn't solidify the Snape references while he grows the hair out?
    Maybe it's as simple as his wife likes it?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    The primary reason why I keep mine.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    or he likes it?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I used to think the beard was a bit of a delineation between NIN and score work - as he shaved it off for the HM tour cycle, but he kept it for the last NIN cycle so that idea was bollocks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    MOTP/Closer era dreamy locks were my jam, followed by them dope PHM dreads. This new look? Hmmm...it's rating at about the same level as the With Teeth emo cut for me.
    Last edited by artdeco; 04-28-2021 at 07:09 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I still remember the meltdown on ETS when TR shaved his head before Japanese tour 2005

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by artdeco View Post
    MOTP/Closer era dreamy locks were my jam.
    Anime Trent is a cutie...

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by artdeco View Post
    /ClWith Teeth emo cut
    That early WT emo hair was by far his worst look IMHO.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    The Trilogy look is probably my favorite one. Looks very good, mature but also retains a lot of angstiness in it somehow.