Thread: Controversial Nine Inch Nails opinions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Personally, I can't understand the fixation with the chaps' private life. Or any other musicians' private life for that matter. I could listen all day to him talk about anything music related, because to me the man is a musical genius. Really don't give a fuck about his marriage or anything else though. Don't want to know his kids names or what he does when he isn't making music.

Of course there are exceptions to everything, like if someones private life directly informs their musical output it can I guess be interesting to hear the connection, but it is a form of voyeurism that I'm not really comfortable with.

The silence from NIN this minute is pretty deafening all the same. Wouldn't mind a quick tweet or similar regarding this fabled 3rd ep.

While I'm still here, does anybody else picture TR sitting back laughing at this whole is there/isn't there an ARG thing and watching all the blind alleys being ran down over the 2 eps? Watching us all fucking about with block codes and such like, which may or may not exist. Like, he knows the answer already, it must be pretty tempting to say something. Perhaps that is the reason for the silence, to avoid all of the inevitable "tell me" type of questions that will be thrown at him, until the big reveal or whatever.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Facepalms in the controversial NIN thread... stay classy!
    Quote Originally Posted by astfgyl View Post
    Personally, I can't understand the fixation with the chaps' private life. Or any other musicians' private life for that matter. I could listen all day to him talk about anything music related, because to me the man is a musical genius. Really don't give a fuck about his marriage or anything else though. Don't want to know his kids names or what he does when he isn't making music.
    Umm, I do. I am fascinated by Trent Reznor the person as well, and I'd definitely like to know as much as possible about him. If the guy had cooking shows and hour long house tours, I'd watch the fuck out of them. The guy's pretty funny and interesting. On the other hand, when he talks about musical inspirations, I just fast forward, because I don't really care about which 80s band he used to listen to. It's cool when he talks about how he makes his own music, of course.

I think it's pretty understandable to be interested in someone like Trent.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    If the guy had cooking shows ...I'd watch the fuck out of them...
    We need Trent on Beat Bobby Flay. Where’s your kitchen game, Trent? We need to see it.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post
    We need Trent on Beat Bobby Flay. Where’s your kitchen game, Trent? We need to see it.
    "what's your signature dish?"

"...terrible pie."