Thread: Controversial Nine Inch Nails opinions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nick999 View Post
    Controversial opinion- I like the flip flop flip flop flip line. A lot.
    Well, that wouldn't really be a controversial NIN opinion since Trent just used that line as a tribute to Pere Ubu:

But you are right, "Getting Smaller" is a cool track that deserves some more respect, it's like a NIN's cover of a Pixies song, it was WT's "Everything" (both have been bashed by many fans and this last one sounds like a The Cure's/New Order's cover).

Last edited by Max Leo; 08-22-2013 at 01:37 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Shit, i was just joking. Actually getting smaller is one of my least favorite nin songs. And not cause of the flip flop line. It just doesnt do anything for me....except for after the second chorus when that noise slowly fades in....like a foreshadow of BYIT.

But if i have to be serious about this question, the song that speaks to me the most is the line begins to blur. Every word. The uncertainty and paranoia...its fucking haunting listening to it now, knowing where i was in my life when i heard it. And that crushing drum and bass...just perfect. Fav nin song.

Also, and all that could have been speaks to me, on a whole other level.

Fuck wrong thread. My bad
    Last edited by EndlessLoveless; 08-22-2013 at 01:53 PM. Reason: realized i got threads mixed up