Page 64 of 160 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 114 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,920 of 4778

Thread: Controversial Nine Inch Nails opinions

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Mozart was an awful lyricist, I'm glad Trent is nothing like Mozart
    IDK--that "Lick my asshole" song is pretty rad. Yes, Mozart actually wrote that.Google it if you don't believe me.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    IDK--that "Lick my asshole" song is pretty rad. Yes, Mozart actually wrote that.Google it if you don't believe me.
    I thought it actually meant "kiss my ass" ? Anyway that makes Mozart more of a precursor to Bloodhound Gang...

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    That's exactly what I was referencing lol

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Watching someone who isn't funny try to be Bill makes me appreciate Bill more.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    I thought it actually meant "kiss my ass" ? Anyway that makes Mozart more of a precursor to Bloodhound Gang...

Lick my ass nicely,
    lick it nice and clean,
    nice and clean, lick my ass.
    That's a greasy desire,
    nicely buttered,
    like the licking of roast meat, my daily activity.
    Three will lick more than two,
    come on, just try it,
    and lick, lick, lick.
    Everybody lick their ass for themselves.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    Watching someone who isn't funny try to be Bill makes me appreciate Bill more.
    I feel like I was an asshole here before bill was even signed up. But I wasn't trying to be funny I was just blowing steam in the only appropriate place here is all. I LOVED LITS, it was amazing and the merch was INCREDIBLE, try getting a 1,000,000 jacket or the messenger bag without spending fortune now.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I cant compare NINs worst album to Mansons worst album because I thought Manson died 15 years ago....Shocked he's still around. I dated a few hot topic goth girls the last couple years and he's still their lord and savior, so as long as hot topic mall goths exist, MM should have a career....I saw a youtube video of him playing a show recently and he was falling over himself drunk/coked out and rambling into a mic and forgetting the lyrics to his own songs and his voice was destroyed.
    Last edited by billpulsipher; 01-17-2015 at 03:24 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Manson's slump/downfall has been overstated, IMHO. His last two before TPE weren't great, but weren't awful either. Haven't listened to TPE but it's getting some very good reviews. There has never been a bad, or even sub-par NIN, IMHO.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    I saw a youtube video of him playing a show recently and he was falling over himself drunk/coked out and rambling into a mic and forgetting the lyrics to his own songs and his voice was destroyed.
    To be fair, that was Trent in Japan in 2000, although without the voice destroyed bit

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    That was absolutely not what I meant, I did not hint at how you guys should pronounce it or make a new nin logo out of
    But whatever, after how nin themselves butchered their logo on recent releases, I ain't gonna stop you. Go full Russian!
    I legit think you should send that to Rob to be used in future Russian NIN merch

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Can i just say again that i love EVERY nin album?

Also, someone explain to me what was so awful about the slip? i still think it's fucking great.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post

Also, someone explain to me what was so awful about the slip? i still think it's fucking great.
    It's just Letting You and 1,000,000 I'm not keen on, I think the rest is great

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    It's just Letting You and 1,000,000 I'm not keen on, I think the rest is great
    See, those two get me especially fired up.

1,000,000 was such a great opener for LITS.

I understand that there isn't much point in arguing about something as subjective as musical opinions, but i just never understood the disdain for the slip.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    1,000,000 on the album is okay. But Ilan fucking KILLS that shit live, and it's awesome.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    1,000,000 on the album is okay. But Ilan fucking KILLS that shit live, and it's awesome.

1,000,000 is 10/10. Easily the best track since the collector.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    To be fair, that was Trent in Japan in 2000, although without the voice destroyed bit
    lol good point...although those NIN 2000 shows still had insane energy

as for Slip...I look at it as more of an EP to tide people over for the next tour/Robin rejoining the band...as an EP its solid enough...as an album...not so much

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    lol good point...although those NIN 2000 shows still had insane energy

as for Slip...I look at it as more of an EP to tide people over for the next tour/Robin rejoining the band...as an EP its solid enough...as an album...not so much
    "Performed by Trent Reznor, Josh Freese, Robin Finck and Alessandro Cortini"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    It was one of the best live songs while Robin was allowed to actually play it on a guitar. An audio rip of the rehearsal video was my most played NIN track circa 2010-2011.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I think the only track that I'm not crazy about on The Slip is Corona Radiata, and that's only because it's too long for what it is. I've been meaning to make a three-to-four minute edit of it at some point just for my own satisfaction.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    See, those two get me especially fired up.

1,000,000 was such a great opener for LITS.

I understand that there isn't much point in arguing about something as subjective as musical opinions, but i just never understood the disdain for the slip.
    Even though I can somewhat understand some of the disappointment directed at The Slip, I thought that it was actually perfect for anybody that loved With Teeth. I also try to keep reminding myself that The Slip as an album was like a picture that was a sketch as opposed to a full-fledged painting. I remember reading about The Slip and Ghosts I-IV being described that way by even Trent Reznor himself, if I'm not mistaken.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 01-18-2015 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Oh, never mind. I found it. Trent said it.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    i agree.
    it isn't exactly "fleshed out" and it goes in a couple of different directions.

what i REALLY love on it is the beginning up through echoplex.

and it definitely worked well with the tour...we had all been listening to this new, free ep, and they come out and play the first four tracks off of it and blew the fucking roof off the place before they even really "turned the lights on."

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    The Slip & Ghosts I–IV were supposed to be experimental in lots of different ways; I think they got plenty more things right than wrong with The Slip. I love stuff like "The Four of Us Are Dying", which is catchier and more interesting than most of the tracks on Ghosts.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)

@Leviathant @kleiner352 @sheepdean - I thought that this post would've been perfect for all the three of you to like.

Then again, this post doesn't seem to be controversial at all. After all, this is the place to love NIN of all eras and kinds.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 01-18-2015 at 12:39 AM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    I love stuff like "The Four of Us Are Dying", which is catchier and more interesting than most of the tracks on Ghosts.
    It really is.
    I love the NIN meets Boards of Canada aesthetic.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    "Performed by Trent Reznor, Josh Freese, Robin Finck and Alessandro Cortini"
    This credit is really weird because Alessandro has gone on record saying he didn't play a note on it and was just hanging around. As for Josh and Robin, they probably had a couple of songs each, hardly the whole album.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    This credit is really weird because Alessandro has gone on record saying he didn't play a note on it and was just hanging around. As for Josh and Robin, they probably had a couple of songs each, hardly the whole album.
    Well I imagine that was counting the live DVD and all live instrumentation.

And hey, Ally performed the hand.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    @tony.parente makes me laff quite a bit. @sheepdean too.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    the slip is the tits. and the price was good, too.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    God how I hated the whole "price is right" tale every review was giving... Each time I wondered if the reviewer had actually listened to the album, or had just thrown a bunch of number in Excel and made a chart comparing their interest in the music multiplied by Reznor's past fame and substracted the price they paid for the record. "Yep, the number's good enough, great record dude, loving that whole "not having to pay shit" sound you got going there !"

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    okay. but it's a good record.